Core Exercises for Combat Sports (what do you think of this?)

Sawadee99

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was browsing around and came across this ebook. Guess it's from one of the guys from the Deisel Crew. Seems legit I guess. I haven't downloaded it yet. Some of the exercises seem pretty cool though. Especially in the video where he's throwing left hooks while holding a sandbag in his opposite arm.

Combat Core - Advanced Torso Training for Explosive Strength and Power

Has anyone here read this yet? Is it worth the money? If nobody has, I suppose I could buy it and write a little review.

Dont waste your money, there are plenty of free alternatives, bodybyfish leaps to mind as do the many kettlebell sites.

I have it, it's okay. Worth the money? I don't think so but that's just me.

whoa, I thought this thread from 3-4 years ago when I saw Skybot on here.

I'm in the Japan too, small world.

It has endorsements from some good names. What puzzles me is that why a legit offering like this is not confident enough of selling itself on its own merits but needs to be packaged with a lot of other stuff and sold at a high price. Reminds me of how they sell infomercial gimmicks.

It has endorsements from some good names. What puzzles me is that why a legit offering like this is not confident enough of selling itself on its own merits but needs to be packaged with a lot of other stuff and sold at a high price. Reminds me of how they sell infomercial gimmicks.

Exactly. I was thinking this was another Matt Furey-type con job until I saw that Ross Enamait, Alwyn Cosgrove and Jim Wendler endorsed the guy.

Because it's almost all just different exercises, some of which are very cool and interesting, but there's nothing life altering or any of those "wow" moments.

Skyboat? Awesome.
Anyway, there are some good threads about core strength on here. A couple things that have worked well for me are Zercher squats/ deadlifts, and sandbag/ turkish get ups.

I own the manual, and feel that it was worth the price. Yes, it does have many pages of different exercises, but the part on programming for athletes was invaluable to me. I use their program outlines for all of my core training now.

It wasnt obvious this was a dieselcrew product! They usually have fairly solid stuff, but way-massively-fucking overpriced.

If only I had a giant tractor tire ..

You dont need a tractor tire for sledgehamer swings. Since I live in a flat I use a car tire. I also use a fairly heavy 14 pound sledge and it certainly works. Maybe not as good as with a tractor tire but that is no excuse for not doing the excersice. Really in some ways it kind of adds to the excersice since you basicly have to controll where you punch a bit to avoid the tire jumping around...

Pilates

I know what you think.... its for women but do it and you will notice a big diffrence.
I have been plaged (spelling?) with lower back pain and Hamstring injurys for years and i have been doing Pilates at the instructions of my physio and i am now kicking myself for not having done it earlier. It improved my stabilty and i feel great.

They sent me a free manual and I have to say that it's right up there with Ross's, Ripptoes, etc....ie it's legit and then some. Would I have bought the manual on my own? I dont know.....it's definitely worth it but it's pretty pricey...so if you got the money then it's a worthy addition to your training library....

They sent me a free manual and I have to say that it's right up there with Ross's, Ripptoes, etc....ie it's legit and then some. Would I have bought the manual on my own? I dont know.....it's definitely worth it but it's pretty pricey...so if you got the money then it's a worthy addition to your training library....

How'd you get the free copy?

Back