Cordeiro says RDA will take McGregor to 'deep waters' and make him quit

MMAJim

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

Sounds like the RDA camp want to take McGregor to the later rounds and see what he is made of there. Do you think this is RDA's best path to victory?

If RDA is able to smother Conor and get this to the ground, he will absolutely violate him.

Sounds like rda wont cone out and try and shut conor off right away like aldo..
This is good news, rda will land allot of leg kicks and bodykicks and capitalize on McGregors overextension with takedowns.

Sounds like rda wont cone out and try and shut conor off right away like aldo..
This is good news, rda will land allot of leg kicks and bodykicks and capitalize on McGregors overextension with takedowns.

Pretty much, Siver was able to do it to a certain extent I don't see why RDA won't be able too. Cardio will not be an issue like with Chad either, RDS is as fresh in the 5th as he is in the 1st.

A lot of movement and not standing directly in front of Dos Anjos is the best plan of action, I reckon, and will make him have to re-set repeatedly, possibly frustrate and confuse him. I think that's when he switches to wrestler mode and gets a shock when the first shot lands.

A lot of movement and not standing directly in front of Dos Anjos is the best plan of action, I reckon, and will make him have to re-set repeatedly, possibly frustrate and confuse him. I think that's when he switches to wrestler mode and gets a shock when the first shot lands.
Conor has to keep the fight in the middle of the octagon. Something I'm surprised that Pettis refused to/ couldn't do.

Yeah we know.

Isn't that what we all want to see, Conor taken into later rounds with a tough fight to see what he's truly capable of?

I agree, when the first RDA shot (double leg) lands Conor on his back, Conor will be shocked.

The problem with that plan is that Connor will be in his face, forcing RDA to fight. Connor pushes the pace and closes the since quickly, forcing his opponent to either keep moving away, or forcing them to start throwing out some kind of offense. Its not as easy as just claiming to want to take an opponent into later rounds - actually doing it, while a dude is in your face trying to knock you out is pretty tricky in my opinion.....

Conor has to keep the fight in the middle of the octagon. Something I'm surprised that Pettis refused to/ couldn't do.

Yeah, he's going to have to keep his back away from the cage. Pettis made the excuse that watching his brother getting KO'd early that night and not 'feeling right' (probably injured) was his source of under-performing.

I think it was the left straight that broke his orbital bone early on that played the most effective part in the loss. I think there's more to take from watching Dos Anjos than there is Conor. The taking someone into deep waters line is something that wrestlers use sometimes. Why any fighter, never mind coach, would openly say that is strange. But mind games is part of it all.

Last edited:
If RDA is able to smother Conor and get this to the ground, he will absolutely violate him.

All of Ireland will be in a period of mourning, and a huge number of sherdoggers commit mass suicide.

Sounds like RDA doesn't have the skills to take McGoat out early.

Why any fighter, never mind coach, would openly say that is stange. But mind games is part of it all.

Lol what the hell is Conor going to do about it?

All the TDD training in the world isn't going to keep him off his back, especially if he gets pressed up against the cage.

Lol what the hell is Conor going to do about it?

All the TDD training in the world isn't going to keep him off his back, especially if he gets pressed up against the cage.

Maybe he'll try avoid all those things. Like I said, I think he'll move a lot more. He's not going to stand stationary in front of Dos Anjos. Even if he does get him down, who's to say he won't get back up.

Back