Cordeiro: "Machida deserves title shot if he beats Munoz"

I'm not saying I agree, because I don't. Machida should have to do more in this new division. But you do realize that the current champion got his shot after beating Munoz right?

Weidman got the shot not by beating Munoz, he been undefeated in MW division, 9 fight wining streak , beating Munoz is just one of the reason why Weidman get the title shot.

Vitor deserves the shot first in my opinion and then Jacare. But what happens if he loses to Hendo? I mean that fight is at 205 but he still lost but he would be virtually undefeated at 185. But if Machida beats Munoz then he'll prob get like Michael Bisping or Francis Carmont next.

i think machida would school carmont. That is a horrible matchup for francis

Meanwhile, a. Silva:

"Gee, thanks, Lyoto, for the vote of confidence!"

:D

haha I know, I remember when asked who he thought would win, he had no comment. I think machida knew weidman was a horrible matchup for silva

Lyoto lost his last fight. i don't know how he deserves a titleshot after going 1-1 in his last 2

Weidman got the shot at Silva for beating Munoz AND being 9-0.

Machida is coming off of a loss and hasn't put together an impressive string of wins since 2009. Let him get some wins in his new division.

If Hendo beats Vitor then maybe but beating Munoz doesn't = title shot

Back