Cordeiro: "Machida deserves title shot if he beats Munoz"

Yeah, except everyone in the world knows Machida beat Davis and Machida was the #1 contender at the weight class above. If he beats Munoz, especially if it's impressive, he deserves the shot. Vitor can't even fight anywhere except brazil or he can't use his high levels of TRT.

Right besides the fact pretty much everyone is split on who won Davis vs Machida

He is my favourite fighter but he should fight once more after that while Vitor fights for the title then he can get the title shot (and win).

Belfort is here

Jacare is here

Machida is here.

Lyoto needs about 2-3 wins before he gets his shot.

I like your analogy, I definitely don't think beating Munoz should get Machida a shot, just given the other guys in the div that should be considered closer.

I doubt the UFC is eager to give Machida a title shot. A lot of people think he's boring, he's not much of a draw and he's lost 4 of his last 7 fights. Unless Vitor and Jacare both lose and there's no other realistic options they'll make him win another fight or two.

Um, no he doesn't.

Beating Munoz doesn't = getting a title shot.

Plus, no way Lyoto would fight Anderson.

He won't have to Weidman will be champ and I actually see Machida getting next title shot if he beats Munoz regardless...

Problem with MW is there's so many fighters who deserve the Weidman v Silva winner (probably Weidman)with a win in their next fight. Belfort, Sonnen, Machida and Jacare all would be deserving of a title shot with a win in their next fight. I'd give it to Belfort over Machida because Machida doesn't deserve to cut the line with just one win at MW. Have him fight a title elim first.

He won't have to Weidman will be champ and I actually see Machida getting next title shot if he beats Munoz regardless...

Weidman is losing to Anderson & Lyoto is KO'ing Munoz

So nope, they won't fight.

Right besides the fact pretty much everyone is split on who won Davis vs Machida

Really? Every media outlet scored it for Machida, almost unanimously giving him every round. And the vast majority of fans scored it for Machida as well. Stop the blind hating.

In a perfect world, I'd say that Vitor should get the next shot. But the TRT issue really puts a cloud over his contender status. And that's topped off by his ridiculous level of arrogance in proclaiming that he will only fight for the title - and thus turning down fights. The UFC shouldn't allow a fighter to hold a division hostage like that. And let us not forget that Machida called Vitor out and he refused the fight.

Again, the vast majority of people believe that Machida has beaten 3 top 10 opponents in a row - Davis, Hendo, and Bader. Even if they were lackluster or boring, those 3 wins are more impressive, and a higher level of competition, than anything that anyone at 185 has done - including Vitor. If he beats another top 10 fighter in Munoz, I'd say that a title shot is warranted.

On the other hand, I'd have no problem if the UFC gave Jacare the shot and made Machida win 1 or 2 more.

people need to take it easy on the dragon

its the dragon for fucks sake

LMFAO I love how beating Munoz gets you a title shot in the MW division, first Weidman, now Machida.

Vitor can't fight outside of Brazil because he won't get TRT exemption status.

Having him as a champion would be very problematic.

Yeah, except everyone in the world knows Machida beat Davis and Machida was the #1 contender at the weight class above. If he beats Munoz, especially if it's impressive, he deserves the shot. Vitor can't even fight anywhere except brazil or he can't use his high levels of TRT.

Phil Davis won, 29-28... So no.

Wait!!!! I thought all brazillians were patriotic mumblers

Cordeiro must be from Caribe or somewhere else

At least he is saying "if he wins", unlike all the talk about Cormier. They talk about DC like if he wouldn't need to fight at LHW to get a shot at Jones.

If he had gotten the nod against Phil like he should have, he would be riding a very nice winning streak.
Having said that Vitor's last two wins made him look like a monster where as Lyoto's last two fights were too competitive and lacking in action for people to get excited for him.

Meanwhile, a. Silva:

"Gee, thanks, Lyoto, for the vote of confidence!"

:D

Back