Cordeiro: "Machida deserves title shot if he beats Munoz"

The relevant part:
So if guys have to fight, lets fight.

they fight because they are professionals and they need to put food on the table for their children.

th

If he does get the title shot he need to dress up like Ryu and walk out to the street fighter theme, to avenge the death of his friend Anderson Silva. They could make a movie about it. The sequel to Like Water.

Yes, Ryu needs to avenge Dhalsim. :icon_chee

Cordeiro is right sometimes teammates has to fight right now Munoz and Machida whom are both fighters are going to have to scrap.

If Munoz wins then it would be in Cordeiro's best interest to push him for the title fight the same goes if his other fighter Machida who also has a chance of winning.

In the end its a win win for Teamif they could get one of their own to fight for the title. And the funny thing is Anderson Silva is a fighter too so it'll be a little weird but that is life.

I read this as "Machida deserves to be shot if he beats Munoz."

I need sleep.

I would like to see Machida fight 5 fights in 2014 since he said he wants 4-5 fights a yr. So at MW win or lose I`d make these
1. Rockhold
2. Bisbing
3. Le
4. Carmont
5. Hendricks
Also, like stated above I could see Anderson wining the Belt back & maybe defending it once then retiring or just fighting Legend fights.
Then Machida moves in with 6 MW wins? & gets title shot early 2015.
Also, I see Belfort beating Hendo,then losing to Anderson or Weidman (hence no Machida match).
& Hendricks moves up to MW after getting beat by GSP in NOV. & fights Machida end of 2014.

Then maybe Vitor should stop avoiding fights at 185. His ticket won't last forever.

Vitor got his last title shot from a win fighting at franklin weight.

Jacare or vitor should get next shot but if Anderson wins that takes away jacare/machida chance unless Anderson wins and retires after

Um, no he doesn't.

Beating Munoz doesn't = getting a title shot.

Plus, no way Lyoto would fight Anderson.

as much as I agree with this, it was enough for a relative no-name in Weidman to get the shot. It is easier to sell Machida getting a shot since he is a former champ. I think that if Silva loses the rematch Machida would get the shot with a win.

Translation would be if he finishes Munoz with a karate kid front kick he gets a shot. :icon_lol:

as much as I agree with this, it was enough for a relative no-name in Weidman to get the shot. It is easier to sell Machida getting a shot since he is a former champ. I think that if Silva loses the rematch Machida would get the shot with a win.

That's where the problem lies, Anderson isn't losing the rematch.

If he does get the title shot he need to dress up like Ryu and walk out to the street fighter theme, to avenge the death of his friend Anderson Silva. They could make a movie about it. The sequel to Like Water.

lol, that would be awesome.

Machida and his people are annoying. How about just fighting your way to a title shot since you are coming into a new division off a loss. There are at least two guys in front of you with a win over Munoz. Machida needs to win his next three.

Yeah, except everyone in the world knows Machida beat Davis and Machida was the #1 contender at the weight class above. If he beats Munoz, especially if it's impressive, he deserves the shot. Vitor can't even fight anywhere except brazil or he can't use his high levels of TRT.

I'm a Machida fan but no, especially if Anderson wins. Jacare is above him at MW as well.

Any number of options are in play right now.

If the perfect storm hits, I have no problem with Lyoto getting the shot (read: Weidman defends his title and Belfort loses to Hendo)

A caveat is the possibility that Machida stinks up the place. I'm a long time Lyoto fan but he's put on some risk averse performances. I don't see Dana giving him a shot in any circumstance if he eeks past Munoz point fighting.

HELL NO!!! If he wins, he needs to fight Vitor for the title shot.

Ummm... Vitor is ahead of Machida in line for a title shot at 185 here... Especially after he beats a slow and one dimensional Dan Henderson.

As I said before, it wasn't just Munoz but a streak prior to the fight that accounted for the title shot. Very few MW had streaks at the time.

Nah he's behind Jacare and Belfort. If he beats Munoz, and he should, then maybe a fight with Mousasi.

No but really, who else had a 5 fight win streak before Weidman starched Munoz? Even now, Munoz just won his first fight in about a year, thus justifying this claim of Machida's title shot.

Back