Cord Cutters 2020 - YouTube TV, Sling, Hulu TV, Fubo, Philo, etc.

Pluto TV is free app on my Roku and has a channel that plays old episodes of American Gladiators 24/7, it's all I really need.

I have Sling, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, HBO and a specific site I go to for regional sports streams.

All in all it's about $90/mo

My wife & I are too picky to cut the cord. So, we've got Direct TV's premier package with HBO, Showtime, TMC, Cinemax & Starz plus the 4K channels & the NFL Sunday Ticket in the fall. It costs us a pretty penny but it provides us with what we want & how we want it. Though I think once HBO Max becomes available via streaming I might get rid of all the premium channels aside from Showtime ( which I'll keep for their boxing ) because we rarely watch them.
On top of Direct TV, we also have Netflix, Amazon Prime ( with Shudder & Hi-Yah as add ons ), ESPN + & DAZN. Oh, & CBS All Access too ( for a month anyhow so I could catch up on the new TWILIGHT ZONE ).

There's no such things as truely "cutting the cord", the network is going to get there money from you at any cost. There's "i'm not going to watch nearly a much TV as I use to" but there's no "i'm going to run away from these high prices by trying another equal method".

People want to slam the cable provider but it's really the networks that are raising fees and prices. These streaming services have literally raised every single year and will continue to do so (networks are taking a profit loss to gain entry but are steadly going to raise the cost to near cable prices). Give it 3 years and the prices of all these TV stream services + an addtional app or 2 will be the exact same price as cable but have half the channels

Sounds like more Hulu Live users than Youtube. I may have to check that out. @560ti makes a great point too. These prices are just going to go up for nbc, cbs, abc, etc. The only way to get away from the networks is to just use netflix, prime, hulu (not live) , etc.

I still enjoy enough live TV like sports playoffs that I want TV. Like I said, I was leaning towards YouTube TV but may check out Hulu or something cheap like Philo

Haven’t had cable since 2009 or so and even that was a deal my roommate signed up for. The internet shits on TV. Even when I do want to watch something that’s on TV it ends up on the internet.

YouTube Premium all day!

I did have DAZN, but cancelled that shit recently because of the virus.

Netflix - $10
Crave - $10
Torrents - $0
Internet - $85

$105 a month and I miss literally nothing ever.

$85 a month for Internet? That seems expensive.

I pay around $40

I just pay for internet and stream/torrent everything.

I buy bluray for movies I like rather than pay for stream because quality is better (bit rate and especially audio). Streams tend to compress multimedia in such a way that even though they keep and advertise a certain resolution, the quality is just not as good.

Netflix, Prime, and Sling is usually all I need.

Espn+, WWE and TFC for the wife. Still thinking about the Hulu+Disney to add on tho.

Should I do it?

At the moment I got:

• Fightpass
  • Netflix
  • Amazon
  • My Dad's Sky Go account details - sports, movies and the HBO shows

I tried Hulu, since it's one of the only live TV streaming services that offers A&E. Honestly I hated it. It's so awkward trying to navigate, compared to what I'm used to (Dish). I wanted to like it, but after a couple days I canceled. Until there's a live TV option that offers the channels I want I'm forced to stick with paying $125/month for Dish.

Netflix\Hulu + VPN and Torrent whatever else I want. Got a program setup where I tell it what TV shows I want and it auto downloads them as soon as they are online.

Currently in the middle of redoing my media server now. Going to have over 30TB when it's done. Over 1200 movies on it.

I tried Hulu, since it's one of the only live TV streaming services that offers A&E. Honestly I hated it. It's so awkward trying to navigate, compared to what I'm used to (Dish). I wanted to like it, but after a couple days I canceled. Until there's a live TV option that offers the channels I want I'm forced to stick with paying $125/month for Dish.

Hulu has one of the worst interfaces I've ever seen it's crazy they haven't made it better.

Hulu has one of the worst interfaces I've ever seen it's crazy they haven't made it better.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was a little worried I was expecting too much. But man is it cumbersome trying to navigate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was a little worried I was expecting too much. But man is it cumbersome trying to navigate.

Nope your not I tell my wife all the time they just need to outright copy netflix and call it a day. Not that Netflix is perfect but they are so far beyond what Hulu is doing it's a waste of Hulus time to try and fix the mess they have going on.

Back