Cops fire squad man in Cali

"At first glance, though ... he doesn't seem to have been posing a threat from his position"

The writer of the TMZ article is a complete dumb ass.

Like you couldn't fire a weapon laying down.

The whole tone of the article is the cops shot the man for no reason.

At least two articles I found said he was armed and The Orange County Sheriff’s Department will now lead the investigation into the shooting, police said.

but continue your shit posting as scheduled
who said he was armed? cops? and it is still cops investigating cops. they will be declared heroes, we both know that

It’s just crazy that a person can get lit up by cops without nobody knowing what’s really happening, the cops included. Even if this dude did have a gun, was it brandished and fired? I just can’t see how this situation called for killing a person so quickly. As a law abiding society, shouldn’t we serve justice in a court of law instead of the streets?

That may be the first time I've actually read a TMZ article, and that has to be one of the shittiest pieces of writing I've ever read.
Amazingly bad.

For the story, I don't understand how shit like this gets justified.
There are 6 cops there. They have a guy on the floor, he's surrounded, and he's tazed......how is the next logical step to shoot him 40 times?
Why do they even call for backup, or travel in packs if they are just going to shoot?

Do ANY of you all read at all? The cops were called because the man was waving a gun at people under a white shirt, you can literally see it in many of the videos posted on twitter. The people actually there are thanking the cops for how they handled it. Good lord talk about arm chair policing, learn to fucking read.

who said he was armed? cops? and it is still cops investigating cops. they will be declared heroes, we both know that

Multiple witnesses on scene said he had a gun you dolt. You guys are pathetic. Next you will be arguing they should have shot the gun out of his hand.

It’s just crazy that a person can get lit up by cops without nobody knowing what’s really happening, the cops included. Even if this dude did have a gun, was it brandished and fired? I just can’t see how this situation called for killing a person so quickly. As a law abiding society, shouldn’t we serve justice in a court of law instead of the streets?

He was pointing and waving the gun at bystanders, the cops told him to drop it and he refused. Try to tase him and it didn't land, so he was shot. How about you don't go pointing guns at people and ignoring cops telling you to drop a firearm? And how do you know how quick it was? How long were the cops on site?

Not going to lie, the constant joking about the color of people being killed is really, really depressing.

I'm a "person of color" married to a "person of color." Should be allowed to joke about this.

The difference is...you won't most likely see us getting shot by the police.

<Fedor23>

Do ANY of you all read at all? The cops were called because the man was waving a gun at people under a white shirt, you can literally see it in many of the videos posted on twitter. The people actually there are thanking the cops for how they handled it. Good lord talk about arm chair policing, learn to fucking read.

He was pointing and waving the gun at bystanders, the cops told him to drop it and he refused. Try to tase him and it didn't land, so he was shot. How about you don't go pointing guns at people and ignoring cops telling you to drop a firearm? And how do you know how quick it was? How long were the cops on site?

Yeah but the witnesses were in HB and probably "white supremacists."

<seedat>

Notice how they capitalized word "black". As usual, media doing most damage.

It says he brandished the gun and was waving it at people and we don’t know how long this went on

"He doesn't seem to be posing a threat from his position"

Wow. That's some impressive reaching.

"At first glance, though ... he doesn't seem to have been posing a threat from his position"

The writer of the TMZ article is a complete dumb ass.

Like you couldn't fire a weapon laying down.

The whole tone of the article is the cops shot the man for no reason.

These guys are doing it wrong, evidently lol:

It's worded to imply the cops murdered someone unjustifiably, with the "doesn't seem" part there to protect the writer.

It's worded to imply the cops murdered someone unjustifiably, with the "doesn't seem" part there to protect the writer.
Obviously. They had to throw that in there after acknowledging the people around didn't seem too outraged.

You're really one of the last people on this site that should be going at somebody for not reading something.

I did read the article that was posted, and I watched the video, jackass.
The article is poorly written, and the video still looks bad considering its length and the guy being on the floor. All things considered, my comment wasn't crazily overboard.

I think the broader issue that I have of these kinds of shootings is that having a weapon is usually automatically seen as legitimate grounds to be shot. If this particular guy was a threat, then he got what he asked for, but, in general, it's weird that the thing you can legally carry around for protection can be the thing that can get you killed. Two guys with guns seems to raise the odds of one of them being shot.

Police were called to the suspect because he allegedly threatened some food stand workers. They told 911 he had a gun.

So when officers tried to stop him, he had a gun under the t-shirt that he was holding. So he was shot 3 times and fell to the ground. The suspect then attempted to grab the gun again so the officers unloaded on dude. A gun was reported to be found on him.

So it seems pretty clear to me. Dude with gun creates problem. Police show up. Dude with gun acts crazy with gun. Police shoot dude.

You're really one of the last people on this site that should be going at somebody for not reading something.

I did read the article that was posted, and I watched the video, jackass.
The article is poorly written, and the video still looks bad considering its length and the guy being on the floor. All things considered, my comment wasn't crazily overboard.

I think the broader issue that I have of these kinds of shootings is that having a weapon is usually automatically seen as legitimate grounds to be shot. If this particular guy was a threat, then he got what he asked for, but, in general, it's weird that the thing you can legally carry around for protection can be the thing that can get you killed. Two guys with guns seems to raise the odds of one of them being shot.

The thing you can legally carry for protection? Not in CA lol..

Huntington Beach is in Orange County...as of 2016, there were around 9300 CCWs in a county of approx 3 million people. There wee 34000 CCWs in all of California...which was probably around 38 million people back in 2016.

So, no...this guy was probably not legally carrying (if he indeed had a gun on him).

https://crpa.org/news/crpa/ccw-numbers-in-orange-county-are-on-the-rise/

"CCW Numbers In Orange County Are On The Rise!
December 20, 2016
Most of California’s county sheriffs now liberally issue CCWs to their respective county residents. As a result, there are more than 34,000 active CCW permits in California today. Still, this number is relatively small compared to California’s population. In most “shall-issue” states, about 5% of the population gets a CCW. But in California, less than 0.08% of residents have a CCW.

We want you to help change that.

The California Department of Justice has estimated that there were approximately 2,906 valid CCW permits in 2015 issued by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department. But as of this October, that number has skyrocketed to over 9,300, with many more applications still pending. Compared to the estimated 34,000 total number of CCW permits in California for 2015, that number is staggering."

For what it's worth, LA County is even worse...it has only issued 197 licenses in a county with a population of 10 million. Unless you're a judge or in law enforcement...good luck.

"It is exceedingly difficult for a law-abiding citizen to meet Los Angeles County’s criteria for a CCW license. Los Angeles County has issued 197 licenses to its 10.2 million residents. This works out to about 1 license for every 50,000 residents.

The audit, conducted by the California State Auditor, researched samples of 25 CCW licenses issued by three sheriff’s departments, Los Angeles County, Sacramento County, and San Diego County. For Los Angeles, the auditors concluded that the county “did not completely adhere to its policies when issuing any of the 25 CCW licenses we reviewed.” The researchers also determined, “Los Angeles issued all but one of these licenses without the level of documentation it expects to demonstrate that the applicant has met the good cause requirement.”

Rather than require the level of documentation for “good cause” outlined in their policy, Los Angeles County simply granted licenses to the well-connected. The auditors found the following,

22 of the 25 CCW licenses we reviewed were issued to applicants with professions that connected them to the law enforcement community: the individuals were former or current law enforcement officers, judges, court commissioners, retired federal agents, and deputy district attorneys.4

In fact, we found that of the 197 licenses that Los Angeles had issued that were active as of mid-August 2017, only nine were issued to applicants outside of that community."

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...ses-to-the-well-connected-skirts-own-policies

4:58 PM PT -- Huntington Beach PD tells TMZ ... the victim is not Black.

‘clown world

Back