Cops and BJJ

What, that it's pretty easy to avoid interaction much less harmful interaction with police but if you're sick and need to go to the dr/hospital you can be killed by their negligence thru absolutely no fault of your own?

Tell that to every black male in an urban setting or a neighborhood in which he "doesn't belong"

Tell that to every black male in an urban setting or a neighborhood in which he "doesn't belong"

Well that pretty happens when your white hispanic and all you do is hang out on the corner don't go to school or work.

There is actually...

The fact is, policing, much like medicine is complex, varied and extremely difficult to practice. It works because todays policies and procedures in the policing environment have been shaped through countless years of experience/ trial and error.

The problem I have is that no one will judge doctors when they routinely make mistakes that compramise a persons quality of life or survival even whilest performing routine procdures.

However, every one thinks policing is their business. It is not. You never know what its like unless you do it. Just because it is something you can see/observe and think about does not mean u have any clue...

From that stand point. I would like it if people stop judging based on what they dont know...

Great post. And to dildo's every black guy in a white neighbourhood getting stopped by police. What he and others don't realize is a thing Leo's use esp on patrol called experience,instincts,and common sense. If a tatted up gang banger looking guy that happens to be black is walking down some residential neighborhood in Irvine,CA at night then I would consider him to be out of place based solely on the ethnic demographics of Irvine. Not because I'm a foaming at the mouth racist. I just have never subscribed to political correctness, nor do I worry too much about hurting someone's feelings.

Now that said, as a task force member in east la we would always stop white people with USC, and ucla, bumbler stickers that we found driving about why? because they were white and out of place, and more than likely looking to score.
so to say that you're a cop that doesn't profile under very certain,distinct,circumstances then 1.you're lying. Or. 2. You're just a lazy pos that's taking up space in an agency.i do not like Leo's that sit back collecting a check and not doing the job.

And before all of the taunts of racist come my way, mind you, I'm from the ghetto., raised in Detroit not the suburbs. I went to Detroit public schools. my father is about as dark skinned a black guy as you'll ever see, and my mom is white. So miss me with that "you're a racist" bull shit you libs like to throw at every conservative Christian cop.luckily I had a mom that had me up in church seemed like every day and let me get involved at an early age in martial arts.

Great post. And to dildo's every black guy in a white neighbourhood getting stopped by police. What he and others don't realize is a thing Leo's use esp on patrol called experience,instincts,and common sense. If a tatted up gang banger looking guy that happens to be black is walking down some residential neighborhood in Irvine,CA at night then I would consider him to be out of place based solely on the ethnic demographics of Irvine. Not because I'm a foaming at the mouth racist. I just have never subscribed to political correctness, nor do I worry too much about hurting someone's feelings.

Now that said, as a task force member in east la we would always stop white people with USC, and ucla, bumbler stickers that we found driving about why? because they were white and out of place, and more than likely looking to score.
so to say that you're a cop that doesn't profile under very certain,distinct,circumstances then 1.you're lying. Or. 2. You're just a lazy pos that's taking up space in an agency.i do not like Leo's that sit back collecting a check and not doing the job.

And before all of the taunts of racist come my way, mind you, I'm from the ghetto., raised in Detroit not the suburbs. I went to Detroit public schools. my father is about as dark skinned a black guy as you'll ever see, and my mom is white. So miss me with that "you're a racist" bull shit you libs like to throw at every conservative Christian cop.luckily I had a mom that had me up in church seemed like every day and let me get involved at an early age in martial arts.

I bet people say you're racist not because they are liberals and you are Christian , but more that you say racist shit like "tatted up gang banger looking guy"

You're also pretty rude.

I bet people say you're racist not because they are liberals and you are Christian , but more that you say racist shit like "tatted up gang banger looking guy"

You're also pretty rude.

cant speak for the other guy, but in a world of imperfect information, it pays to respect trends. hard to pat oneself on the back for being so much holier than thou if it costs you your life.

You're also pretty rude.

I'm actually a very nice person.I've been told by many people that they were surprised to learn I was in law enforcement. That said I'm "nice" to people who show me normal respect that I show them .i haven't yet reconciled Jesus teachings on "turn the other cheek" with my personality when insulted or challenged.

not only don't I mind confrontation, I actually enjoy it. So I'll admit that I need some work in that area lol.

And as far as your tatted up gang banger. Well if a woman wants to be treated like a lady don't walk around looking like a ho. Out here in Cali if your head is shaved ,tatts everywhere you're either an mma fighter, or a banger and in certain neighbourhoods minus any apparent cauliflower ear you will most definitely bring attention to yourself from law enforcement.

No offence sir but you strike me as an educated, coddled, millennial brat,from the middle class. You probably think it's cute to protest and say things like "hands up don't shoot"! Lol you see being from the ghetto and going to school with a lot of these fools I know their mentality. I very personally know how much dirt these fools do and get away with before we finally get them on something. You literally have know clue.

But if it makes you feel better to say "black lives matter" and "hands up don't shoot". All the while in cities like Detroit where I'm from us black people take each other's lives, and shoot each other every day in record numbers. especially where I'm from. But like your liberal ilk in the warroom, I'm just a racist(the mulatto guy, with the Latino wife lol!) do you thang home slice.

Gets mad at people on a forum for thinking cops are dicks.

Meanwhile....

I'm actually a very nice person.

I've been told by many people that they were surprised to learn I was in law enforcement.

....people in your life think cops are dicks too, lol

I'm actually a very nice person.I've been told by many people that they were surprised to learn I was in law enforcement. That said I'm "nice" to people who show me normal respect that I show them .i haven't yet reconciled Jesus teachings on "turn the other cheek" with my personality when insulted or challenged.

not only don't I mind confrontation, I actually enjoy it. So I'll admit that I need some work in that area lol.

And as far as your tatted up gang banger. Well if a woman wants to be treated like a lady don't walk around looking like a ho. Out here in Cali if your head is shaved ,tatts everywhere you're either an mma fighter, or a banger and in certain neighbourhoods minus any apparent cauliflower ear you will most definitely bring attention to yourself from law enforcement.

No offence sir but you strike me as an educated, coddled, millennial brat,from the middle class. You probably think it's cute to protest and say things like "hands up don't shoot"! Lol you see being from the ghetto and going to school with a lot of these fools I know their mentality. I very personally know how much dirt these fools do and get away with before we finally get them on something. You literally have know clue.

But if it makes you feel better to say "black lives matter" and "hands up don't shoot". All the while in cities like Detroit where I'm from us black people take each other's lives, and shoot each other every day in record numbers. especially where I'm from. But like your liberal ilk in the warroom, I'm just a racist(the mulatto guy, with the Latino wife lol!) do you thang home slice.

and you just deliver up the party line that your police culture has told you is OK. Its us vs them, the civs don't get it, profiling is how we get the job done, and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of us.

i don't know what happened in your life to think that aggression and confrontation is the answer to everything, but i hope you find some relief from your anger. and i do hope that you learn a little more about Jesus, in a real way. you come across about as Jesus-like as Fred Phelps

Gets mad at people on a forum for thinking cops are dicks.

Meanwhile....

....people in your life think cops are dicks too, lol

Lol! Dude just makes cops look worse and worse with every reply he makes.

I regret calling the police recently (first time ever, last time ever). They weren't rude to me by any means, but my god they are incompetent.

Lol! Dude just makes cops look worse and worse with every reply he makes.

Firstly great av. Secondly opinions are like assholes everybody's got one, you're entitled to yours. And lastly I feel silly for even posting in this thread do begin with just like the warroom f12 is over populated with millennial liberals that don't know shit about how this world operates outside of their safe privileged bubble. That safety being provided by the police.so I keep entering these threads and end up looking like a man with a knife trying to defend him self against a swarm of killer bees lol.

So you young guys with zero life experience are right.(millennials are so precious) And me the guy that's been in public service while you guys were slurping mom's teet, for over 19 years I'm wrong. So you win um Kay.

But if I'm still around when you fools get wives and start getting north of 35 years old pm me to tell me how liberal you still feel. You'll all be conservatives by then.lol

Firstly great av. Secondly opinions are like assholes everybody's got one, you're entitled to yours. And lastly I feel silly for even posting in this thread do begin with just like the warroom f12 is over populated with millennial liberals that don't know shit about how this world operates outside of their safe privileged bubble. That safety being provided by the police.so I keep entering these threads and end up looking like a man with a knife trying to defend him self against a swarm of killer bees lol.

So you young guys with zero life experience are right.(millennials are so precious) And me the guy that's been in public service while you guys were slurping mom's teet, for over 19 years I'm wrong. So you win um Kay.

But if I'm still around when you fools get wives and start getting north of 35 years old pm me to tell me how liberal you still feel. You'll all be conservatives by then.lol

I'm 36, genius. I've spent most of the past 19 years in public education and juvenile justice. Working with the kids you're busy profiling. Trying to keep them in school, off the street, in their homes, away from drugs, gangs, crimes, and their own damaging family members.

I've seen a bunch of the same shit as you - albeit from a different side of the courtroom. i've served my community. the more experience I get, the more life I've lived, the less I am like you. the more compassion i have more my fellow folks, of all walks of life. I'm far less interested in being right and far more interested in forward progress.

so quit running your mouth about who I am. you just don't know. you see everything in terms of convenient labels- "tatted up gangbanger", "whiny liberal millenial" etc, and no one believes for a minute that you don't love running in here or warroom or wherever arguing your same old points. your shit is boring.

I'm 36, genius. I've spent most of the past 19 years in public education and juvenile justice. Working with the kids you're busy profiling. Trying to keep them in school, off the street, in their homes, away from drugs, gangs, crimes, and their own damaging family members.

I've seen a bunch of the same shit as you - albeit from a different side of the courtroom. i've served my community. the more experience I get, the more life I've lived, the less I am like you. the more compassion i have more my fellow folks, of all walks of life. I'm far less interested in being right and far more interested in forward progress.

so quit running your mouth about who I am. you just don't know. you see everything in terms of convenient labels- "tatted up gangbanger", "whiny liberal millenial" etc, and no one believes for a minute that you don't love running in here or warroom or wherever arguing your same old points. your shit is boring.

Firstly I don't believe shit you just wrote. Secondly you are right about trying to enlighten you fools. I came to sherdog to discuss mma and end up in these silly tit for tat posts with people calling me racist, and challenging me to "in real life" fights lol (that never fails to bring the lulz) so since you and your ilk are hopelessly stuck on stupid.I'll leave it at that. Also I win because I know you're going to read this and I'm not coming back to this thread lol!

I see an unread thread at the top and wonder how it can stay on the first page for so long.

Than I come in and roll my eyes and tell myself "oh....that's how."

If you don't understand the context in which officers operate versus those of the medical community, I don't think there's much hope for a discussion on your "point".

I do, given that my wife is a doctor and I have friends who are surgeons. Cops and operating Surgeons are under extremely high pressure making life and death decisions and relying on training to get them through. Yet we accept a minority of incompetent and negligent Surgeons will make mistakes and people will die. Thousands of them. And many of 98,000 who die due to misadventure would have not died on the operating table but through family doctors or nurses fucking up.

Difference is we accept those deaths and still have implicit trust and faith that the majority of Doctors/Surgeons are doing a damn good job in trying conditions. We don't damn or stereotype them all by the actions of a few.

Yes there is a significant minority of incompetent, negligent cops who need to be held accountable and just like doctors, sometimes aren't.

But when you stereotype all cops by the actions of the minority you are simply adding to the us vs them mentality and exacerbating the problem, and ironically engaging in the exact same type of stereotyping that you allege cops do.

Firstly I don't believe shit you just wrote. Secondly you are right about trying to enlighten you fools. I came to sherdog to discuss mma and end up in these silly tit for tat posts with people calling me racist, and challenging me to "in real life" fights lol (that never fails to bring the lulz) so since you and your ilk are hopelessly stuck on stupid.I'll leave it at that. Also I win because I know you're going to read this and I'm not coming back to this thread lol!

and people say debate is a dying art. not true, friends, not true.

Back