3. Blade Runner
4. American Gangster
5. The Martian
6. Thelma & Louise
7. Blackhawk Down
8. Matchstick Men
9. The Duellists
10. Kingdom of Heaven

I'm much more of a fan of Scott's work. Though BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA is damn near a masterpiece ( with the exception of Reeve's performance, that is ). I just watched my 4K UHD Blu-ray for the first time a while back & I fell in love with it all over again.

Ridley Scott has been making classics since 1979 with Alien.

Even his movie from a few years ago, All The Money In the Word, was fantastic.

You have directors who work in different genres, so it's basically a poll about what kind of movies you prefer. I went with Coppola, myself, as I prefer traditional, plot-centric films, rather than action films. Ridley is cool and all, but his best film on the list is great because the source material was great and the writer was a stud (Blade Runner - Phillip K. Dick). Coppola wins just on the strength of the Godfather trilogy and The Conversation. The rest is just icing on the cake.

I would say Coppola probably has more truely great films in the first two Godfathers, The Conversation, Apoc Now and IMHO Rumble Fish were as I would only rate Alien and Blade Runner on that level from Scott but I also probably preffer those two to any of Coppolas AND Scott's post peak has been far better with many very good films were as Coppola dropped off massively after the mid 80's.

One have Gladiator, the other does'nt

Coppola, of course.

Both have hits and misses, but the latter has 3 films better than anything Ridley has done

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.38.28 AM.png

<JerryWWF> <{Heymansnicker}>needs works Sherbros

I'm much more of a fan of Scott's work. Though BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA is damn near a masterpiece ( with the exception of Reeve's performance, that is ). I just watched my 4K UHD Blu-ray for the first time a while back & I fell in love with it all over again.
Basically what I wanted to say

I like Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator and Black Hawk Down more than any of Coppola’s filmography, as good as Godfather 1 & 2 are and as much as I like Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

To be fair I think Reeves performance was at least partly what Coppola wanted, you look at Winona Ryder and she's really just as wooden dispite obviously being capable of more in other roles at that time. The film does I think play on that with things like Hopkins "until we drove a stake though her heart and cut off her head and then she found peace" line which wouldnt work nearly as well without playing off of them and that really the focus is much more on Vlad as the true protagonist.

I tend to think the problem its always had is that is was mis promoted as a "serious dracula film", it does have some serious drama around Vlad I spose but mostly its a fun collection of over the top horror scenes, its far closer to say Big Trouble In Little China than it is the self seriousness of Interview with a Vampire.

The UHD does look really good as well being one of the last major FX films to use very little CGI.

FFC.

Ridley would be sleeping with the fishes.

Back