COPA sask

Haha flying armbar!! Best moment of my life man, were you there?

Always a fun tourney, good turn out seeing as it's the only tourney in sask.

Do you have video of that armbar, that was the best thing i have ever seen live.

Yes, I'm the kid who got the flying armbar in the team challenge. There is some videos on youtube of the tourney but none of mine that I found.

the one who was jumping around like he just took a hit of speed?

Hah man that was epic for sure. I remember watching it, then all of the sudden flying arm bar out of fucking nowhere.

I didn't really think it was fair for Russell to be competing in the team cup challenge though...

the one who was jumping around like he just took a hit of speed?
Haha that's me. It was my first submission grappling tournament and I was laughing at how bad I was going to get worked in the team challenge. I jokingly said I was just going to get the flying armbar or flying gogoplata. I actually saw the guy do the thai plum in his first match though so I thought, why not try one, and I actually got it. I got worked in the finals of course, but that was expected.

Hey man you may have lost in the final but you scored points on a black belt (very impressive), and a good one! Great job man!

Hell yeah! Where do you train Matt?

Is anyone going to the Mind Body & Soul in Edmonton this weekend?

In a little gym in Wilkie. It is mostly just a hobby for most of the guys there, only train once a week and we don't train in the summer, I wish there was an MMA gym closer to North Battleford so I could train, gas is too high to make the trip up to Saskatoon weekly. When I am done school next year if I can do well enough in wrestling to get a scholarship to the university of regina or saskatoon, then I can finally train like I want to.

You could be a demon, if you're this young and pulling shit like that off already while just training casually. That would be awesome if you could get in with the Huskies. Todd Hind is a great trainer. He has pumped out some phenomenal wrestlers like Jeff Adamson (world class), Daniel Olver and Keith Folkerson.

You could be a demon, if you're this young and pulling shit like that off already while just training casually. That would be awesome if you could get in with the Huskies. Todd Hind is a great trainer. He has pumped out some phenomenal wrestlers like Jeff Adamson (world class), Daniel Olver and Keith Folkerson.
Thanks for the encouragement man, I just can't wait to start training full-time or at least 5 or 6 times a week. I am just ready to wrestle next year and try my best to impress anyone and everyone watching so I can go to University and wrestle in a bigger city, Saskatoon has a few good MMA gyms and I would love to train with AJ Scales in Regina.

Random Update: Did pretty good in wrestling this year. Started off 22-0 with 5 gold medals but lost the provincial final by 1 point to a guy I beat twice before so it was kind of disappointing. 22-1 overall high school year.

Then went to nationals in Burnaby, B.C. and went 2-2, placing fourth. Also tried out greco and went 1-1 getting a silver medal since there were only 3 people in the category.

Got some scholarship money from the U of R so I will be a Cougar next year competing in CIS and NAIA. Hope to become an All-American and All-Canadian as many times as possible. Since I'm in Regina hopefully I can train at Complete MMA as much as possible with AJ Scales and the guys there. Hope I can make a splash in MMA in the coming years.

It is likely that nobody will read this but I'm bored as hell.

Atta boy! Sounds like your cleanin house!

Competing in Copa on June 12th? How old are you now?

Damn 17?? You're a beast dude!! I was in ur division at the copasask and it was awesome watching you grapple!! Look forward to seeing compete in more tourneys and MMA in the future!!!!!

Random Update: Did pretty good in wrestling this year. Started off 22-0 with 5 gold medals but lost the provincial final by 1 point to a guy I beat twice before so it was kind of disappointing. 22-1 overall high school year.

Then went to nationals in Burnaby, B.C. and went 2-2, placing fourth. Also tried out greco and went 1-1 getting a silver medal since there were only 3 people in the category.

Got some scholarship money from the U of R so I will be a Cougar next year competing in CIS and NAIA. Hope to become an All-American and All-Canadian as many times as possible. Since I'm in Regina hopefully I can train at Complete MMA as much as possible with AJ Scales and the guys there. Hope I can make a splash in MMA in the coming years.

It is likely that nobody will read this but I'm bored as hell.

i reccomend checking out infight bjj in regina, the head guy there is Jeff Wiley, hes a great guy and a great instructor. also alot of other very good bjj guys in that gym and also some gooood mma fighters. either way best of luck!

Back