Copa America Tournament

daninnashville

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm curious about this tournament. I'm planning on going to the one in Georgia in November. I'm wondering if any of you have done it and what your experiences were. I'd be competing in the white belt masters heavy and probably a no gi division as well. Looks like a solid tournament. Would be my first one in quite some time. Appreciate any insights.

Copa America Submission Grappling Championships : GI-BJJ / NO-GI Grappling Tournaments

Thanks!
Dan

Copa America ran a pretty good tournament when I went. It was cheap and smooth. Id recommend it.

won my last tournament at Copa America. competition is good and you get a wide variety of schools. expect to be there all day and bring food with you. also, make sure to hydrate well and warm up. most people get about 3-4 matches, depending on how well you do and if you do both gi and no-gi. It's a great experience and it gives you a good gauge of just where your bjj is.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I don't get a lot of Saturdays off and this one is within driving distance. I'm planning on signing up barring any unforeseen changes. I haven't competed in a couple of years and am dipping my toes back into that world again. I figured I'd make a weekend out of it and go down the night before.

Thanks guys,
Dan

Back