Cop pulls gun on man for filming him

j98

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Rohnert-Park-reviewing-video-of-cop-pulling-gun-6425462.php

[YT]aYONo5LeWDs[/YT]

This cop was circling around the area a lot so the guy pulled out his camera and recorded him (on his own property) Cop gets pissed, starts filming the citizen back, then gets out of his car and pulls his gun threatening to shoot the guy because he has 1 hand in his pocket.....

Was this guy acting suspicious by filming the officer? Was he justified in pulling out his gun, did he properly deescalate this situation from the beginning?

Cop is on drugs or this is a work.

EDIT: Both maybe.

Last edited:
Haha. The "Are you some kind of a Constitutionalist" is a bit fishy.

Strange encounter

walking around a suburban cul de sac with his piece out like its the O.K. Corral...

Good thing the camera guy was white or he be dead or wounded.

Cops get bored too I guess.

But in there case they have concealed carry and license to kill.

Why does there need to be a review?
Surely you see the video once and fire this guy. Why is it hard?

just ridiculous. how dare that man be some crazy constitutionalist!! police are out of control. need to see more of this in the suburbs put on video so that people realize that shitty cops are not just a black person problem, they are everbodys problem

There are many countries that have made it illegal to record cops. Smart way to "reduce police brutality". If there is no recording, people and courts will believe with the cop in 99% of the cases (understandably so, by the way).

So from the video we know the guy recording or a family member has had some kind of run in with this police department (most likely a family member arrested).

He doesn't like the cops and doesn't want them near him, or believes they are stalking him every time he sees one.

He has the brains of a piss ant about his legal rights and interaction with cops. The cops has a right to order him to remove his hands from his pocket and pulling the weapon when the guy refuses is resalable (he never pointed it at the guy).

Now lets talk about the cop, well that was a dumb ass move to stop and even get out of the car.

The cop should have stayed in his car and just waved as he went past. His actions sent this thing out of control and could have lead to much worse things happening.

The cop should be disciplined for his response to being filmed (acting stupid).

The guy recording is looking to start shit and still has the brains of a piss ant.

Making it illegal to record is basically being unable to document corruption and crime, which is the point I guess.

"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" mantra is a one way street that only applies to the poors not gubment, corps or cops.

So from the video we know the guy recording or a family member has had some kind of run in with this police department (most likely a family member arrested).

He doesn't like the cops and doesn't want them near him, or believes they are stalking him every time he sees one.

He has the brains of a piss ant about his legal rights and interaction with cops. The cops has a right to order him to remove his hands from his pocket and pulling the weapon when the guy refuses is resalable (he never pointed it at the guy).

Now lets talk about the cop, well that was a dumb ass move to stop and even get out of the car.

The cop should have stayed in his car and just waved as he went past. His actions sent this thing out of control and could have lead to much worse things happening.

The cop should be disciplined for his response to being filmed (acting stupid).

The guy recording is looking to start shit and still has the brains of a piss ant.

I like how your first response is to justify the cop pulling out his weapon designed to kill instantly on a guy standing on his own suburban lawn holding his camera phone....

And I'm pretty sure a cop can't randomly go around peoples yards asking them to remove hands from pockets. They can't just walk down a residential sidewalk yelling "hands out of your pockets!, you, guy fixing your lawn mower, right hand out of your workbelt!!!, you woman gardening, I cant see your right hand!! You child with your hand in your diaper I CANT SEE YOUR HANDS!!"

Since when are cops allowed to go on a search mission for hands of the local populace?

oh...he was just trying to intimidate the guy and make his authority known.... Kind of like this guy

I like how your first response is to justify the cop pulling out his weapon designed to kill instantly on a guy standing on his own suburban lawn holding his camera phone....

And I'm pretty sure a cop can't randomly go around peoples yards asking them to remove hands from pockets. They can't just walk down a residential sidewalk yelling "hands out of your pockets!, you, guy fixing your lawn mower, right hand out of your workbelt!!!, you woman gardening, I cant see your right hand!! You child with your hand in your diaper I CANT SEE YOUR HANDS!!"

Since when are cops allowed to go on a search mission for hands of the local populace?

oh...he was just trying to intimidate the guy and make his authority known.... Kind of like this guy

So that's all you got out of my post? Go back and read it again.

Any time you have an interaction with a cop and they tell you to remove you hands from you pocket and keep them where you can see them you do so.

The interaction should have never taken place in the first place and that was the cops fault but once it started have more brains then a piss ant and take your hands out of your pocket and don't run backwards screaming like a little girl "don't touch me".

And by all means record as much as you want.

How would the cop react if some guy just walked up to him and pulled a weapon?

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Cops against body cameras or being recorded give me pause.

So that's all you got out of my post? Go back and read it again.

Any time you have an interaction with a cop and they tell you to remove you hands from you pocket and keep them where you can see them you do so.

The interaction should have never taken place in the first place and that was the cops fault but once it started have more brains then a piss ant and take your hands out of your pocket and don't run backwards screaming like a little girl "don't touch me".

And by all means record as much as you want.

cop has no right to tell me to remove my hands just because he feels like it if i am not suspected of having done something

Back