Cool, Awesome, Amazing, Fun restaurant environmets you have experienced.

Yeah, you're right. I should have known how a 3 year old would react to something she had never seen before. How's the view from that horse? It's pretty tall...

Furthermore, as we were walked to our table, my daughter was excited and pointing to all the animals. It was until after we were seated for a few minutes, had ordered, etc... that the gorilla 'came to life' and scared her...

Did you ask if they would move you to a different table by the elephant or something? Or was it too late for that?

Rainforest cafe is horrible. It's neat the first time I guess but the food is really bad IMO.

Had a $12 drink after a broadway show at The View in the Marriott in Time Square. Great view and it rotates slowly, once per hour I think... didn't eat anything but I'm sure it's ridiculously expensive.

Did you ask if they would move you to a different table by the elephant or something? Or was it too late for that?

It was too late, and the place was packed (adding insult to injury). I tried walking around carrying her to show her it was safe and the animals were fake, etc... She was too scared of all of them (even the birds) so we just asked for our food togo instead.
Ironically, a year ago or so, we walked by the same Rainforest Cafe and she said "I think it would be so cool to eat there!" My wife and I just laughed and I said "not till your brothers are older." She is 8 now, her brothers are 4 and 2 though...

Rainforest cafe is horrible. It's neat the first time I guess but the food is really bad IMO.

Its not horrible, but its not up to par for the price you pay. You definitely pay for the environment.

My kids love it so thats why I usually go when around one.

Its not horrible, but its not up to par for the price you pay. You definitely pay for the environment.

My kids love it so thats why I usually go when around one.

Yeah I guess since I've lived near one most of my life it's just not unique or cool to me. The Gorillas shaking the trees and Elephant noises just get annoying after 5 minutes. I can see kids liking it though.

It was too late, and the place was packed (adding insult to injury). I tried walking around carrying her to show her it was safe and the animals were fake, etc... She was too scared of all of them (even the birds) so we just asked for our food togo instead.
Ironically, a year ago or so, we walked by the same Rainforest Cafe and she said "I think it would be so cool to eat there!" My wife and I just laughed and I said "not till your brothers are older." She is 8 now, her brothers are 4 and 2 though...

lol. Gotta love those kids. They put you in awkward, uncomfortable situations and then make you laugh about it later.

But we still love them.

My 5 year old daughter was scared shitless at Rainforest Cafe when the strobe lights started going and they did the lightning/volcano thing. That, and the food wasn't that good for the money. The Safe House in Milwaukee is the place for me...it is literally a door in the alley with a secret entrance.

http://www.safe-house.com/

Yeah I guess since I've lived near one most of my life it's just not unique or cool to me. The Gorillas shaking the trees and Elephant noises just get annoying after 5 minutes. I can see kids liking it though.

I can see how it would get old. Ive been to three of them through my travels but do not live by one.

I can definitely ssee how it would get annoying though.

Do you have kids?

Kids are very unpredictable at times and you never know what could scare them and what will not.

There is really only one way t find out.

My soon to be step daughter is 3, and she was so excited to see Santa this year... talked about it for several days before we went to visit him.

As we approach Santa, she hides behind me in terror then runs away crying.

My 5 year old daughter was scared shitless at Rainforest Cafe when the strobe lights started going and they did the lightning/volcano thing. That, and the food wasn't that good for the money. The Safe House in Milwaukee is the place for me...it is literally a door in the alley with a secret entrance.

http://www.safe-house.com/

That looks awesome.

Cant think of what may take me to Milwaukee, but if I ever go I am going there.

My soon to be step daughter is 3, and she was so excited to see Santa this year... talked about it for several days before we went to visit him.

As we approach Santa, she hides behind me in terror then runs away crying.

lol. Poor thing.

Thats what I mean, they are highly unpredictable.

I ate at Jerome Bettis restaurant in Pittsburgh. The strange thing about this place is the bathroom has a two way mirror in front of the urinals so while you are taking a piss you are watching people in the restaurant.

The food was good. I had the Soon to be Famous deep fried burger.

The restaurant is covered in sports memorabilia.

images

l.jpg

dicks last resort was great

Ellen's Stardust Diner in NYC has singing waiters & waitresses

Mars 2112 is space themed but I'm not sure if it's still open.

There is another restaurant in Milwaukee, AJ Bombers, that has a rube goldberg-esque track of rails overhead that little bomber planes "fly" on and "bomb" handfuls of peanuts down chutes right to your hands. They also won "Food Wars", and have the kind of stuff that they would make on "Epic Meal Time" as their standard menu. It is a really long wait usually to get in there, though.

http://ajbombers.com

The Safe House is the best, though. You go in at night when it turns into a club, and the bouncer asks you for the password. If you don't know it, they make you do embarassing shit, which is broadcast via closed-circuit TV to screens above the bar below, so everyone sees you. There are hidden passages in the restaurant and doors that lead to nowhere. To leave you go into a phone booth and dial a code, and the back of the booth swings open to lead you down a tunnel to "escape". They have a giant fishbowl drink called the Mission Impossible, which will knock you and your date on your asses, too.

There is another restaurant in Milwaukee, AJ Bombers, that has a rube goldberg-esque track of rails overhead that little bomber planes "fly" on and "bomb" handfuls of peanuts down chutes right to your hands. They also won "Food Wars", and have the kind of stuff that they would make on "Epic Meal Time" as their standard menu. It is a really long wait usually to get in there, though.

The Safe House is the best, though. You go in at night when it turns into a club, and the bouncer asks you for the password. If you don't know it, they make you do embarassing shit, which is broadcast via closed-circuit TV to screens above the bar below, so everyone sees you. There are hidden passages in the restaurant and doors that lead to nowhere. To leave you go into a phone booth and dial a code, and the back of the booth swings open to lead you down a tunnel to "escape". They have a giant fishbowl drink called the Mission Impossible, which will knock you and your date on your asses, too.

Everything you posted sounds awesome.

Wow.

Im guessing Milwaukee is kinda a cool city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back