Convicted Animal Abuser, Eaten By Own Dogs

ICHEERTHEBULL

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
didnt know where to post this so I'll leave it here

A Kentucky woman previously convicted of animal cruelty is believed to have been eaten by her dozens of hybrid wolf-dogs after she died.

Authorities who searched the home found only a human skull and jawbone, which they believe to be Ritz's, according to WHAS 11. Investigators believe Ritz died from an illness and her pets, left without food after her death, consumed her for survival.

Ritz has animal cruelty convictions dating back to 1986, WFIE reports.

Adopt-A-Husky told the station that her first offense involved 50 dogs, though it is unclear exactly what the charges were. The next year, while living in Evansville, Ind., she was found guilty of five counts of animal abuse and ordered not to transport dogs into the state.

She was charged with animal cruelty at least five more times between then and 2003. On one occasion in 1999, authorities found 184 dogs on her property and had to euthanize 159 of them. They allowed her to keep the remaining dogs on the promise that she would spay and neuter them, but the number of dogs on her property continued to grow as the years went on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/patricia-ritz-animal-abuser-eaten-dogs_n_3991508.html

What a sad way to go, she obviously cared for her dogs.

God rest her soul.

Icheerthedogs

youre-the-man-bro-thumb.jpg

It sounds like she was mentally ill, I saw a woman like this on Animal Hoarders who had about 200 cats. The cat woman really loved the animals but you can't look after that many.

She had good intentions and it's a shame they won't be much of her to bury.

She had good intentions and it's a shame they won't be much of her to bury.

what good intentions? she had a long history of animal abuse. There is a big difference between someone, as a example, who is mentally ill and maybe refuses to let go of her pet lion she loves so much or keeps 10 cats in her house dispite less then savory sanitation issues and a women who keeps hundreds of starving dogs locked up. They found 187 dogs on her property and 159 seemed to be in such a poor state that they "had" to be euthanized. This is not some little old lady who loved her pets.

I could see a argument that this was a mentaly ill women, I would like to know if she had a history of that. However I can not see any good intentions. People see '67-year-old' and look at a pitcure of a little old lady with grey hair and glasses looking like a disney grandmother and ignore the fact that her convictions date back to 1986.

Hot diggity dog dang.What a doggone way to go.

Last edited:
She was obviously mentally ill and I feel she wanted to help these animals, but with her diminished mental capacity she seemed more of a hoarder than a savior for needy animals. So you are correct about her history of abuse and I stand corrected on this one.

Who the fuck needs 184 dogs? I've heard of women with hundreds of cats but hundreds of dogs? That's new to me.

Ok what I dont get....since she has such a history of it, how were the authorities not all over her to check up and make sure she doesnt have all these dogs? This "animal hoarding" shit is weird to me. Just the other day we had a lady here in Toronto who is a hardcore hoarder and apparently she has like dozens of cats in her house. But wolf/husky mixes? My father had 2 of them when I was growing up, they're a lot to handle.

I cant imagine that the animal control in that region would be so swamped they wouldnt have time to go back and check up on her. Or maybe they couldnt do anything under the law, unless there was a complaint? I dont know, but shit like this is messed up

MFW no dog bro,

sad-face-smiley-facebook.jpg

MFW there is a dog bro,

That's right,no face at all.

She was obviously mentally ill and I feel she wanted to help these animals, but with her diminished mental capacity she seemed more of a hoarder than a savior for needy animals. So you are correct about her history of abuse and I stand corrected on this one.

I would really like to know her history with regard to any mental issues she may have had. Maybe hear from her family. Not sure of the legal standpoint. In europe you can own any animal (in theory not in practice) as long as you have a licence. Dangerous animals such as venomus snakes or big cats for example require a licence.

Depending on the % of wolf in the wolf hybreeds she had would it not be the case thats she would not be granted a licence to keep them. I am not necessarly saying I advocate state intervention when it comes to peoples pets, just wondering if she had a record of mental illness would she be allowed to own a wolf? although she had a history of animal abuse so its unlikely that she would be granted a licence even if such a procedure were in place.

I would really like to know her history with regard to any mental issues she may have had. Maybe hear from her family. Not sure of the legal standpoint. In europe you can own any animal (in theory not in practice) as long as you have a licence. Dangerous animals such as venomus snakes or big cats for example require a licence.

Depending on the % of wolf in the wolf hybreeds she had would it not be the case thats she would not be granted a licence to keep them. I am not necessarly saying I advocate state intervention when it comes to peoples pets, just wondering if she had a record of mental illness would she be allowed to own a wolf? although she had a history of animal abuse so its unlikely that she would be granted a licence even if such a procedure were in place.

That is the problem with American justice being anyone can go out and buy dangerous weapons or animals if they have the cash or know the right people. A neighbor of mine wants to buy my dog because he fights dogs and my dog is huge for his breed.

Ew, She was 67 was it? I bet she tasted like old chicken and piss.... those dogs are grose.

Back