Converting video files to be able to play on a DVD player

Gregolian

.45 ACP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I have some video files.. a mix of camcorder and other stuff that I want to throw on a DVD so that I can watch it with my folks on the living room TV and such. WHat is the best program to do this?

They are mostly MP4s and such.

I am not sure if this is or isn't against the rules here so if needed I'll just delete the thread.

I've always used convertxtodvd. It's worked with every file type I've thrown at it.

Anything that converts mp4 to NTSC will do. You can also check out the freeware program Handbrake. That seems to be the standard among the ripping community these days.

I've always used convertxtodvd. It's worked with every file type I've thrown at it.

Anything that converts mp4 to NTSC will do. You can also check out the freeware program Handbrake. That seems to be the standard among the ripping community these days.

Thanks. I just wasn't sure if there were any I should avoid. I DL'd one earlier and got like 12 other programs so I deleted it and restored my system to a couple days ago and when through a Malware Bytes scan and shit to be safe.

If it's in .mp4 format, it's likely HD, so keep in mind you're gonna lose a lot of quality in the conversion.

ConvertXtoDVD is the best ANYTHING-to-DVD program out there and believe me, I've tried a TON of them.

Yeah, DVD Flick is a good program to use. You'll need to use a program so that you can burn the files to a DVD.

Decided to go with DVD Flick. Damn the encoding process takes a long time.

Convertxtodvd was the first answer, and the correct one. Great program.

I understand that TODAY you might want to watch it at home with your folks using a DVD but bear in mind that DVD players are basically on its last phase of existence... pretty soon they wont even sell them anymore or exist in the near future

So dont lose the original videos because the only way to watch them in the longer future will be through a computer.

Event today you can just plug in a cable to your laptop and watch them on a TV without using a player

just my 2 cents, good luck

I understand that TODAY you might want to watch it at home with your folks using a DVD but bear in mind that DVD players are basically on its last phase of existence... pretty soon they wont even sell them anymore or exist in the near future

So dont lose the original videos because the only way to watch them in the longer future will be through a computer.

Event today you can just plug in a cable to your laptop and watch them on a TV without using a player

just my 2 cents, good luck

This is partially so that when we go on family trips most of the places we end up staying at have a regular DVD player so this is a way we can bring movies with us and such.

Any suggestions for this?

You'll need Img Burn (I don't know if you can do this with the free version of Nero).

Click "Write mode," click on "Write files/folders" to disc. Click on on the folder with the magnifying class with, now find the Video_TS file from DVD Flick (or just click the "DVD" folder). Click "Verify" and the folder to disk button. Afterwards, you'll have to create a volume label (a label is just a simple line of text that allows you to identify a disk when it is in your computer

Also, to any of you who still make DVDs, make an .ISO image of the DVD as well as the hard copy, because a DVD's shelf life fuckin sucks.
If you make an ISO file, it's literally one click to reproduce a new DVD.

Back