Controversy Aside - Palhares subbed one of the best MMA grapplers

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
And that is impressive.

Jake Shields is considered as one of the best MMA grapplers and as a sub artist. I didn't think someone could do that to him.

Palhares is just on another level on the ground.

"Palhares with a brain" just joined Healthy Shogun Motivated BJ and the others all-time GOATs.

Jokes aside,it's a shame seeing such a strong athlete and world class grappler being such a dumb. As for MMA grappling, I always thought he was THE best. He took down wrestlers and subbed black belts like nothing. I was a big fan of him until the Pierce fight. But it's too much now,he can't keep competing with professional athletes.

My regards,Don Pietro.

Subbing Fitch isn't any less of an accomplishment. Fitch had the reputation of having one of the best grappling defenses in all of MMA. I remember during his lay n pray days back in Zuffa everyone was frustrated because no one could beat his wrestling and defensively he was always on his game.

IF Palhares ever manages to get his head straight and continues to evolve, then hoooleee shit.

He would be the perfect fight for the return of GSP

yes but AFTER he gouged his eyes and Jake had trouble seeing.

Quite an accomplishment that sadly will be overshadowed by his actions.

Subbing Fitch isn't any less of an accomplishment. Fitch had the reputation of having one of the best grappling defenses in all of MMA. I remember during his lay n pray days back in Zuffa everyone was frustrated because no one could beat his wrestling and defensively he was always on his game.

IF Palhares ever manages to get his head straight and continues to evolve, then hoooleee shit.

He's 35, neither of those things are happening.

yes but AFTER he gouged his eyes and Jake had trouble seeing.

I really think Jake getting so frustrated and emotional caused him to gas and hesitate. He was a machine and shutting him down for two rounds, then looked incredibly flustered in the third which is weird after essentially dominating the fight up until then. Rousimar capitalized on the takedown he knew was coming. I think that fight definitely goes differently without the eye gouging, but it's still pretty incredible that he pulled it off, especially in the third round. I kind of want to see them again, but I don't know if they can fight eachother without it devolving in to chaos.

I really think Jake getting so frustrated and emotional caused him to gas and hesitate. He was a machine and shutting him down for two rounds, then looked incredibly flustered in the third which is weird after essentially dominating the fight up until then. Rousimar capitalized on the takedown he knew was coming. I think that fight definitely goes differently without the eye gouging, but it's still pretty incredible that he pulled it off, especially in the third round. I kind of want to see them again, but I don't know if they can fight eachother without it devolving in to chaos.

I think jake gasses from the pace and the body shots. Jake is really unprofessional for such a decorated fighter. Brawls with mayhem after a fight, eye gouges the shit out of gsp, pisses hot after an absolute stinker with ed herman.
I think he is just laying the groundwork for having excuses.

"Palhares with a brain" just joined Healthy Shogun Motivated BJ and the others all-time GOATs.

Jokes aside,it's a shame seeing such a strong athlete and world class grappler being such a dumb. As for MMA grappling, I always thought he was THE best. He took down wrestlers and subbed black belts like nothing. I was a big fan of him until the Pierce fight. But it's too much now,he can't keep competing with professional athletes.

My regards,Don Pietro.

Ciro, is that you ?! ;)

It's not that his head isn't on straight, it's whats in that head that's the problem.

The dude is obviously mentally handicapped.

During the fight I thought Jake Shields was fighting the perfect fight. He was landing the takedowns, getting top position, and forcing Palhares to fight hard off his back. My assumption was that Shields was trying to make Palhares work so hard so that by the 3rd or 4th, big muscle Palhares would be gassed and Jake could either pick - him apart on the feet or start really looking for submissions. I was so disappointed to see that it was Jake Shields who came out totally gassed in the third.

If he would focus more on takedowns, top control, and armbars or kimura's I don't think he would ever lose a fight. He needs to give up the using his guard to get to a leglock plan. Just use the leglocks if he gets into a scramble situation.

All that being said he has held too many subs too long.

He makes Diry Bob Schrijber look like an MMA gentleman.

And that is impressive.

Jake Shields is considered as one of the best MMA grapplers and as a sub artist. I didn't think someone could do that to him.

Palhares is just on another level on the ground.

Very true. That was another very impressive sub win.

I know Shields beat Ryan Ford to get a crack at the title, but I think they should just throw Ford at Palhares. I don't think Palhares would get Ford to the ground and I do think Ford will KO Palhares.

Really for most of Fitch's run at the top of WW there wasn't much in the way of elite submission talent around though was there?

NO doubt. An amazing feat.

Unfortunate we can't celebrate it because he's such a dirty fuck.

Last edited:
Back