Contrary to popular opionion, I think the UFC just wants Conor to fight and don't care if he loses

djhype

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They will gladly sacrafice him again to the just bleed Gods like they did against Khabib for some quick and dirty cash.

Have to give Conor credit that he is great at making people payig to see him lose.

Hope he comes back though I admit to see get beaten up.

Lol i dont think the there is any question they dont care if he loses. They matched him up with khabib. LMAO

Conor’s only got 1-2 fights left in his career. The UFC doesn’t care anymore if he wins. They know people will tune in regardless of who he fights, so I tend to agree with the original thread. Conor essentially stopped fighting in 2016. He had a great run and decided to cash out when the UFC allowed him to fight Mayweather for his big pay day.

The UFC doesn't care about any fighter. Its a business and if your star falls down they'll find another one.

Look at the boxing sport if you wanna see what protecting and building a record means

UFC will run the gravy train until it Crashes!

Of course they would prefer Conor to go on a winning run, but their priority is getting him in that cage to fight Khabib

Mark my words. Tony will have to wait a little while before he gets his shot. Conor will be in attendance for Khabib v Dustin and he WILL fight the winner!

Money talks!!!

Especially if he keeps yapping his mouth about getting a share of the UFC lol
7bHe.gif

I think everyone, including the UFC, knows Conor is done as an elite fighter.
He's just not putting in the work anymore to stay sharp.
Hasn't had a win in 3 years.

He had a hell of a run, and was a great fighter, and I can't blame him for losing that fire.

I think he's also aware that he's only got one or two paydays left, and is likely waiting for the right matchup.

Definitely the case. They probably think he isn't going to be in it too much longer given how infrequently he fights these days. So they'll take any of the sales they can get at this point.

TS is finding out that it's not "contrary to popular opinion".

Of course they'd prefer he fight and win, but at this point I'm sure they figure it's good enough if they can cash in 1-2 more times.

The UFC doesn't care about any fighter. Its a business and if your star falls down they'll find another one.

Look at the boxing sport if you wanna see what protecting and building a record means

True, but finding a star is much easier said than done. No one comes close to doing Conor/Ronda numbers on the current roster. UFC trying to build up guys like Israel, but he will never come close to Conor.

That's definitely true, that being said, he's gonna have to start winning to keep his fans interest.

They will gladly sacrafice him again to the just bleed Gods like they did against Khabib for some quick and dirty cash.

Have to give Conor credit that he is great at making people payig to see him lose.

Hope he comes back though I admit to see get beaten up.
You're right, it's not UFC, it's Connor who doesn't want to get battered anymore.

And don't say "quick and dirty cash", it's just cash, it's just money, that's what McGregor kept saying until he became the (sucker?) he is as of these days.

They’re still bigger than any one fighter, financial-power wise. He has some leverage but there’s also a reason Dana smirks it off when Conor wants a share.
Mayweather Jr: “me n you are rich Dana!”

They’re already moving on to Khabib: new contract, new market areas.

ufc will do with conor what they did with brock after he lost his title. put him in with everyone that has longer shelf life until he retires. conor's already doing the same post-title-brock fight once a year

they would definitely rather he fight than not fight. if he fights, they'd prefer he wins. if he wins, they'd prefer he fights again....repeat.

I think they care if he loses by submission, makes a bunch of self deprecating peformance comments and sets up a favorable rematch.

He had a hell of a run, and was a great fighter, and I can't blame him for losing that fire.

I think he's also aware that he's only got one or two paydays left, and is likely waiting for the right matchup.
he's literally had one mma fight since the best mma performance of his career, against arguably his worst stylistic matchup. it's impossible to say whether he's done or not. now, it's impossible to say he's still elite as well, since we haven't seen him elite in years.

They'd rather he fight and lose than not fight. But I'm sure they would rather he win than lose, if he loses his PPV buys will go down.

he lost one fight and Khabib would have always been a huge favorite against him.

At this point they just want to get him in there any means necessary. But all the way up to the Diaz fight I think they had a plan and hopes he didn’t lose

Back