Contractor Repos/Destroys Tile Work for Non-payment

No.

Guy spent a long time working, did a shit job and got offended when he got called out by not getting paid for his flawed work.

Instead of acting civil about it the guy smashes the place, damages another person's property and behaves like an angry teenager.

He should have just redone the room instead until the woman, or who ever ordered it, thought it is good work, and then if he still doesn't get paid, there's a problem, which certainly won't solve itself by smashing a wall with a sledgehammer.
I get your point and its fair. I have been burned through the legal system before, lost 150k on a property that dragged out a couple years. Waste of time and resources indeed

They already exist. Escrow.com is a very easy-to-use platform available to anyone and doesn't require any legal representation for either party.

https://www.escrow.com/

I doubt they're equipped or interested in mediating disputes, though, are they?

What if you have
"It's done"
"No it isn't. And it looks like it was done by a Junior High shop class."
"Quit being so unreasonable. That's normal work. If you wanted better, you should have paid more for ______."

Do they have experts who will inspect and arbitrate?

o.jpg
Jesus H Crisp

It really does look like a first timer laying tile and grouting lol

Probably an unlicensed contractor doing either doing a shit job or looking to take her money and disappear. I can't see any licensed contractor doing shit like this.

I don't think that's grout. That's probably the same thinset he used to for the tile he used as grout

Thats unfortunately not the way to handle this sort of issue. Some people will refuse to hire him now based on his loose canon antics. Also having been in trades early in life, he was wrong. Other contractors will indeed take on the job cause, well, people need to eat. Its very competitive out there.

As soon as you heard her call him "Sir" you knew she was a disgusting Karen.

I doubt they're equipped or interested in mediating disputes, though, are they?

What if you have
"It's done"
"No it isn't. And it looks like it was done by a Junior High shop class."
"Quit being so unreasonable. That's normal work. If you wanted better, you should have paid more for ______."

Do they have experts who will inspect and arbitrate?

Then you need to take legal action. Two completely different things.

Should’ve rolled to Home Depot, and could’ve got it done for like 100 bucks for a couple laborers.

He has my sympathies because yes he is relying on this to feed his family etc

I can't see this helping him in any way, other than venting his frustrations for five minutes to spite her.

He doesn't get his money, he gets displayed as a loose cannon and some fucked up tribunal could make him repair it or pay for repairs...

entertaining enough though

Solid take, I agree

Did you guys see the way he was swinging that hammer? We should have known better.

Back