Contractor Repos/Destroys Tile Work for Non-payment

He shouldn't have done that

THat was the wrong thing to do

And he almost gave himself a heart attack it looks like

What a dumbass. Now he wasted all his time and he's gonna owe HER $3k back. lol. Hope it was worth it for a little YouTube fame.

Looks like it was more about him getting offended about his tile work than anything else. After looking at the pictures, his work wasn't too good. He might be just someone that does tile on the side like a handyman, but not a full time tile worker. Tile work takes many years to get good at.

The pics of the work show it was really shit, like first time someone ever tiled bad. I did better than that my first go.

If you're paying $7000 for a shower room it better be amazing. I'd probably charge £500-800 for that work and it would be done to a higher standard. No chipped tiles, reasonable grouting. Also they used the cheapest tile possible. Dick heads.

We need escrow companies to handle contractor transactions.

Too much money on the line.

Give the contractor money up front and he disappears on you.

But if he lets people pay afterwards then they screw him over and don't pay.

There needs to be a better system

Seriously, for a major project, I'd happily pay a few hundred extra dollars for someone to make sure everything is on the up and up. On the client side, I've heard of way too many jobs where the Contractor will bail mid project or even where the "general contractor" will use their friend's license and be unqualified and do shoddy work.

Seriously, for a major project, I'd happily pay a few hundred extra dollars for someone to make sure everything is on the up and up. On the client side, I've heard of way too many jobs where the Contractor will bail mid project or even where the "general contractor" will use their friend's license and be unqualified and do shoddy work.

I know a guy who got all his windows replaced with what were good quality, energy efficient windows with a "lifetime warranty" only for the business to have essentially disappeared within a year the first time he needed to use the warranty.

So he just fucked off I guess.

We need escrow companies to handle contractor transactions.

Too much money on the line.

Give the contractor money up front and he disappears on you.

But if he lets people pay afterwards then they screw him over and don't pay.

There needs to be a better system

They already exist. Escrow.com is a very easy-to-use platform available to anyone and doesn't require any legal representation for either party.

https://www.escrow.com/

I hope you are being sarcastic

No.

Guy spent a long time working, did a shit job and got offended when he got called out by not getting paid for his flawed work.

Instead of acting civil about it the guy smashes the place, damages another person's property and behaves like an angry teenager.

He should have just redone the room instead until the woman, or who ever ordered it, thought it is good work, and then if he still doesn't get paid, there's a problem, which certainly won't solve itself by smashing a wall with a sledgehammer.

Last edited:
Lol, dude did a terrible job. The retail contracting industry is full of scam artists and POS people who suck at their jobs then overcharge unsuspecting customers. Hell, there was even a thread on here where a guy was bragging about a similar thing - overcharging someone for a simple job that he didn't even do well. Fuck this guy, hope he gets screwed in court.

That tile job looks like shit. She was withholding the rest of the money cause she wanted it done right. I don't blame her after seeing the work he did. It's bad

Did you see his shitty craftsmanship?

o.jpg

Jesus wept. Are we sure the video in OP wasn't from BEFORE they had their disagreement?

Um most of them ? (in the US it's pretty standard). Projects that are 2 days or less almost always charge 100% after the job is done (basic plumbing, electrical work, handyman projects).

Remodeling projects (anywhere from weeks to maybe a couple months) it's pretty standard to do what happened in the OP (down payment and then payments as the project goes on).

My brothers garage conversion which he just finished was 30% of the money to start, another 30% once the drywall was up, and then the remaining 40% when paint, trim, and outlets where installed.
Exactly.

Didn't this idiot and his customer negotiated that in the first place?

Dude is a moron.

Back