Continuous heart rate monitor

The Persian Prince

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Looking for a good continous heart rate monitor that displays throughout the whole workout not only every 15-30 seconds or so. I'd prefer no strap but it's not a big deal. Looking for the fewest bells and whistles I don't need GPS/ stored data etc.

Looking to get in great shape for a fight this summer would like to try training with a heart rate monitor for conditioning.

Any suggestions?

Joel Jamieson used to sell a good one on his website. It was for a good price too. That was years ago though.

I think the chest strap monitor is more accurate. So if that's the case, I'd get one with a strap.

Joel Jamieson used to sell a good one on his website. It was for a good price too. That was years ago though.

I think the chest strap monitor is more accurate. So if that's the case, I'd get one with a strap.

Thanks I'll look around for it. Ive read that they do tend to be more accurate, but I don't know how substantial the difference really is.

Yeah Im starting to lean that way myself. Kinda turns itself into one of those "if you're going to do it do it right" scenarios.
The monitor I had was Polar from Joel Jamieson. He doesn't sell it anymore from what I can see. But it was like the RS 100 if I remember. Eventually it broke and I got a bottom of the line Polar. I should not have gotten it cause it didn't show HR and exercise time passed on the same screen. That sucked cause I couldn't read HR and if I'd run 10 or 15 minutes. I had to flip back and forth.

So don't make my mistake. Get one that shows hr and exercise duration on the same screen.

Like you, I don't need gps and all that fancy stuff.

The monitor I had was Polar from Joel Jamieson. He doesn't sell it anymore from what I can see. But it was like the RS 100 if I remember. Eventually it broke and I got a bottom of the line Polar. I should not have gotten it cause it didn't show HR and exercise time passed on the same screen. That sucked cause I couldn't read HR and if I'd run 10 or 15 minutes. I had to flip back and forth.

So don't make my mistake. Get one that shows hr and exercise duration on the same screen.

Like you, I don't need gps and all that fancy stuff.

Yeah that's mainly what I'm looking for something with continous heart rate/exercise duration in optimal heart rate range. I just don't need gps/fitness tracker bullshit that adds $200+ dollars to the price tag

Yeah that's mainly what I'm looking for something with continous heart rate/exercise duration in optimal heart rate range. I just don't need gps/fitness tracker bullshit that adds $200+ dollars to the price tag
If it was me, I'd just get one that has hr and duration on the same screen. It won't be the cheapest and it won't be the most expensive. I feel like Polar was a great brand though. So I'd get it again.

If it was me, I'd just get one that has hr and duration on the same screen. It won't be the cheapest and it won't be the most expensive. I feel like Polar was a great brand though. So I'd get it again.

OK thanks I'll take a look at all there stuff I just don't want something over complicating the simple function I want it to do lol

I have a suunto, some fitbits are okay but they are finicky during exercise.

I ONLY use the chest straps with my athletes. Wahoo and Polar are my go-tos. They all eventually purchased their own.

Back