Discussion Thread: DWCS Season 6 Tuesdays starting July 26, 2022

This is shaping up to be even better than last season.

We've already got two Cage Warriors champs (Cartwright and Wooding), two LFA champs (Diaz and Waldo), a FEN champ (Rebecki) a Jungle Fight champ (Colarado), an ARES champ (Suzart), a Battlefield champ (Machado), an Eternal champ (Erceg), a Fury champ (Tokkos), an Open FC champ (Dudakova), three LUX champs (Silva, Costa and Valenzuela) and a double FAC champ (Goff)

Only around half the names (maybe a bit less) so far too.

There are absolutely some very promising WMMA fighters scheduled to appear on DWCS this season but I agree with others in this thread calling into question the caliber of fighter of some of the male prospects.

There are obviously outliers like Rebecki, Neves, Cartwright, as well as a few others, but I do not see the influx of promising talent. I see a lot of regional champions that have respectfully reached their ceiling.

There are a multitude of reasons (visa, criminal record, juicy, contracts) for why some regional standouts may not appear on DWCS. I am reserving judgement until all the fights are finalized. However it is fair to say this current crop of fighters would not represent a serious attempt at signing the best unsigned talent to the UFC.

Right now, it looks like they owed a few promoters favors, and those favors were recently called in. How else could Michael Parkin have found his way onto DWCS?

There are absolutely some very promising WMMA fighters scheduled to appear on DWCS this season but I agree with others in this thread calling into question the caliber of fighter of some of the male prospects.

There are obviously outliers like Rebecki, Neves, Cartwright, as well as a few others, but I do not see the influx of promising talent. I see a lot of regional champions that have respectfully reached their ceiling.

There are a multitude of reasons (visa, criminal record, juicy, contracts) for why some regional standouts may not appear on DWCS. I am reserving judgement until all the fights are finalized. However it is fair to say this current crop of fighters would not represent a serious attempt at signing the best unsigned talent to the UFC.

Right now, it looks like they owed a few promoters favors, and those favors were recently called in. How else could Michael Parkin have found his way onto DWCS?

Parkin is going to get absolutely smashed by Neves anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that one.

Carpenter, Costa, Waldo, Penaz, Dumas, Sy, Neves, Cartwright, Diaz, Rebecki and Colorado are all pretty exciting on the male side imo.

Any idea who Rebecki is fighting?

Bleda gets Nayara Maia, should be easy enough from what I've seen of Maia.

Yeah, it feels like most are very low level regional champions. After watching most CW champions get smashed by complete average opposition, I have now my doubts on Cartwright, too. However, Rebeçki, Neves, Peterino, and Bellato are super legit, though. And, I'll take @Hellowhosthat word for the high level WMMA fighters.

I think its a strategy to actually get both of them. You sign the winner and keep the loser on a leash with a promise of a short-notice fight. Win-win for the UFC, you get both for a 10k/10k contract.

Hmmmmm, hadn't thought of this!

Would have preferred spiltting those two with Silva and Dudakova but Wojcik is pretty good anyway.

I think its a strategy to actually get both of them. You sign the winner and keep the loser on a leash with a promise of a short-notice fight. Win-win for the UFC, you get both for a 10k/10k contract.
Exactly, you make the loser think that they are on the UFC radar so they better not sign with anyone else since they can come calling at any moment

Exactly, you make the loser think that they are on the UFC radar so they better not sign with anyone else since they can come calling at any moment

Seems to get them on the Bellator radar too tbf, they've picked up quite a lot of fighters from the show now.

Back