Contender Series 2021: Week 8

So far I'm going to play Petrosyan, Borralho and Renfro or FDNGTD depend on the line for the ME.

Still looking into the other two.

2342.png

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dana-white-s-contender-series-2342

https://www.sherdog.com/events/Dana-Whites-Contender-Series-Contender-Series-2021-Week-8-89943

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/79535-contender-series-2021

-110 on Renfro is an absolute gift.

I need to watch tape on Kolev but I suspect that line might be off, Petrosyan is good he just got caught in his loss.

Rodriguez might be wide, but she might just physically overpower Machado, Valesca is a decent technical striker though.

Probably going to make two parlays and take Petrosyan's ML. Kolev looked like the type of opponent Armen's built a career off of, and has never faced decent competition.

Renfro/Borralho/Falcao seems solid. Don't see why Pedro wouldn't get past a 39 yo one-dimensional grappler in Barnes.

Last two weeks I've had 5/5 tap cards for DWCS, so maybe I'm getting too bold now, ha.

Kolev is a bit of a can crusher. He faced very low competition, it is hard to say how good his wrestling is, he seems rather stiff and slow on the feet, I wouldnt be surprised if Petrosyan can stuff his takedowns and own him on the feet. It is always a bit difficult to gauge how good the fighters are in such low level mma. But my money is on Petrosyan.

Kolev is a bit of a can crusher. He faced very low competition, it is hard to say how good his wrestling is, he seems rather stiff and slow on the feet, I wouldnt be surprised if Petrosyan can stuff his takedowns and own him on the feet. It is always a bit difficult to gauge how good the fighters are in such low level mma. But my money is on Petrosyan.
The way I see the fight going is this: Kolev forces the wrestling early, gets Petrosyan against the fence and spends most of the first round trying to ground him without doing too much damage. Early in the second he tries the same but is too tired to maintain it and ends up getting finished.

That's pretty much how Petrosyan's fights against Minakov and Alibulatov went. His TDD is meh at best, but he's good enough on the mat to mitigate damage and bide his time.

Petrosyan at dog odds was a gift. He should easily have the better standup and I've seen Kolev get caught by 0-1 guys. Kolev is a can crusher who employs a basic wrestling style. Lots of KO's on his record but a lot are from gnp. Petrosyan definitely has a grappling weakness, but he seems to defensively hold up okay. I can see him stuffing Kolev's attempts till he separates and catches him.

Parsons-Renfro is interesting. I don't really like Parsons style when watching him. But he's beaten decent enough competition and is actually a striking coach at Syndicate. I want to say Renfro should have this, but I'm a little bothered by his striking style too. Leaves himself wide open a lot.

I actually think Machado is pretty decent on tape. Piera's coming off a big win, but part of it was on her opponent absolutely gassing. Think it's more evenly matched than it seems and I'll take Machado as a wide dog.

Does anyone know how I can get a ticket for the contender series?

I'm fairly certain that they allow the public to come now, just in small numbers like at the apex for fight nights(although the fight night tickets at the apex are like 2k).

the Petrosyan Kolev fight odds are swinging all over the place

Im jealous at people who have access to Draftkings. Saw some crazy lines.
pokerstarssports has it too, but only available for certain european countries unfortunately.

-110 on Renfro is an absolute gift.

I need to watch tape on Kolev but I suspect that line might be off, Petrosyan is good he just got caught in his loss.

Rodriguez might be wide, but she might just physically overpower Machado, Valesca is a decent technical striker though.
-110 is a great line yeah, but the -250's/300's I see in other places are way too wide imo. Parsons actually a solid fighter, really like the way he checks leg kicks and his Takedown Defense. Won't be an easy night for Renfro.

-110 is a great line yeah, but the -250's/300's I see in other places are way too wide imo. Parsons actually a solid fighter, really like the way he checks leg kicks and his Takedown Defense. Won't be an easy night for Renfro.

I think his head movement is a little slow and Renfro hits really hard.

not sure if tapology is correct on this but they say barnes is turning 40 next month... he's so f'n old especially for the weight class don't see the point in him being in contender series. that pic that bigsteve shared above was also too much for me. i'll fade him out of principle and put falcao in a parlay

Parlaying Borralho (-450) and Falcao (-270) for -150 odds, feels pretty solid. Borralho is being set up for a finish and a contract after his decision win, Falcao is 29 years old and getting matched up against a 39 (!!!) year old grappler in Barnes. You do not book a 39 year old on the Contender Series unless it's to get their chin cracked.

Thought about throwing Renfro in there as well, and while I do think he wins I don't want to over reach and have Parsons catch him with something.

Petrosyan at dog odds was a gift. He should easily have the better standup and I've seen Kolev get caught by 0-1 guys. Kolev is a can crusher who employs a basic wrestling style. Lots of KO's on his record but a lot are from gnp. Petrosyan definitely has a grappling weakness, but he seems to defensively hold up okay. I can see him stuffing Kolev's attempts till he separates and catches him.

Parsons-Renfro is interesting. I don't really like Parsons style when watching him. But he's beaten decent enough competition and is actually a striking coach at Syndicate. I want to say Renfro should have this, but I'm a little bothered by his striking style too. Leaves himself wide open a lot.

I actually think Machado is pretty decent on tape. Piera's coming off a big win, but part of it was on her opponent absolutely gassing. Think it's more evenly matched than it seems and I'll take Machado as a wide dog.

I'm interested in Valesca too, it'll likely be contested primarily on the feet and she's a pretty sharp and varied striker. The line was moving in the Rodriguez direction last I checked, so I'm tempted to hold off until the odds get even juicier, but I do feel it's a pretty even fight.

Back