Contender Series 2021: Week 7

BigSteve

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.57.23 pm.png

Silva should smash this can, also got Slava earlier.

Think over 1.5 for Hood/Buday could have some value. Lorenzo sucks, but his last two losses hit the over, as did Buday's last fight.

Think I'll get on that, and Silva's ML, and do some small parlays.

Anything I should know about Slava? Saw he has an SD against Starks, which is not a bad look at all, but given the shenanigans that went on with Duncan's last opponent, it seems like they're doing him a solid.

do you guys think silva can sub her or is this more likely to be decision bound?

Think over 1.5 for Hood/Buday could have some value. Lorenzo sucks, but his last two losses hit the over, as did Buday's last fight.

Think I'll get on that, and Silva's ML, and do some small parlays.

Anything I should know about Slava? Saw he has an SD against Starks, which is not a bad look at all, but given the shenanigans that went on with Duncan's last opponent, it seems like they're doing him a solid.
Slava is a kickboxer with like 50 fights or something cant remember the exact number. Green in MMA but seems to be improving every single fight in other aspects. Hes going to have the technique and speed advantage for sure. But Duncan might have the power and he is going to be pressuring all fight.

Yeah I think Slava's a big step up from Duncan's opponent that pulled out. He's got a real fight and it'll be good looks if he wins. Odds make sense to me.

Not really finding a lot of confident plays here but I think Rodriguez is a clear level above Cortez

do you guys think silva can sub her or is this more likely to be decision bound?

She could win by anything tbh

Here's what I've got on her

this is against a bit of a can, but she dispatches her like she should do

Win by sub in this one

Couple of kickboxing bouts

Her only MMA decision is against Gabriella Hermogenes who's now 6-1 with Silva remaining her only loss.

She looks to me to have an aggression that's difficult to deal with, a calmness and focus when throwing that few girls in that division have, the ability to stand in the pocket evading and countering with hard shots and when it gets to the mat she looks calm and able to work through submissions.

This footage is all two years old too, so who knows how good she might be now.

For me I'm betting Silva for the reasons I've listed above, Paprocki is standard fare WMMA fodder who's pretty tough and okay everywhere, you can see her on Fight Pass, but I think Silva has elite level talent.

Also going with Hadley even as a sizeable favourite. Raposo is a good grappler but a bit sloppy positionally and that's going to play perfectly into Jake's game imo.

Will likely meme parlay Silva, Hadley, Buday, Duncan and Rodriguez.

She could win by anything tbh

Here's what I've got on her

this is against a bit of a can, but she dispatches her like she should do

Win by sub in this one

Couple of kickboxing bouts

Her only MMA decision is against Gabriella Hermogenes who's now 6-1 with Silva remaining her only loss.

She looks to me to have an aggression that's difficult to deal with, a calmness and focus when throwing that few girls in that division have, the ability to stand in the pocket evading and countering with hard shots and when it gets to the mat she looks calm and able to work through submissions.

This footage is all two years old too, so who knows how good she might be now.

My only concern is her opponent seems to have that hillbily durability and keeps coming forward looking for TD's. She also seems to be improving. Wish there was more footage of Silva off her back, I know she's a Thai fighter by trade. But she does seem to have the power, strength, striking and athletism advantage. Both those fights she finished on ground so could potentialy handle her self

My only concern is her opponent seems to have that hillbily durability and keeps coming forward looking for TD's. She also seems to be improving. Wish there was more footage of Silva off her back, I know she's a Thai fighter by trade. But she does seem to have the power, strength, striking and athletism advantage. Both those fights she finished on ground so could potentialy handle her self

I did like the way she casually and calmly wrapped up the guillotine in the Future FC fight, that suggests calmness on the ground to me. I also think that sometimes willingness to come forward can change depending on what you find you're coming forward into.

I think Slava is the superior striker here. I am taking him at +125.

Hadley and Rodriguez both came in overweight.

I think Slava is the superior striker here. I am taking him at +125.

It's probably worth considering that Duncan has made weight twice in very short succession too.

Yeah I actually might be starting to favor Slava. Feels like a dog or pass fight if anything. Sucks for Duncan he went from a matchup against a potential can to a matchup against a potentially legit prospect. Duncan's got grit and aggression going for him, but he's a brawler matched up with a technical longtime kickboxer who's spent 4 years with TAM. Should be a fun fight regardless.

grabbed silva at -175 last night and now she's -270 lol. nice clv

I'm liking Slava after some tape study, I think he's the better striker n could put a clinic on Duncan. I think Duncan will be agressive early but will have many different looks from Slava, and I think the low kicks n in and out combos of slava will win him a decision or late finish, I think Duncan is tough n if he can just keep walking forward and land a bomb I wouldn't be suprised, Slava does leave openings during exchanges but he's also sharp with his eyes, I think we'll see a sharp performance by the russian.

I was thinking the same thing, but admittedly I don't know much about his opponent.

His opponent has excellent stand up defense, takedowns, top control and positional grappling while his opponent is happy to go for subs over position and things like that. Plays right into Hadleys game on the floor.

Raposo could be live for a good strike or a Sub in a scramble to win but I like my chances with Hadley ML in some 2-3 leg (mostly) parlays and Hadley DEC as a SMALL straight bet and in a parlay.

He did miss weight but isn't that usually an advantage!?

Why is raposo such a dog? Against Sholinian on TUF he looked great.

He's a bit sloppy in grappling exchanges and Hadley is a better grappler than Sholinian. My only concern with Jake is what headspace he's in after missing weight. If he's mentally on point he's much better than Raposo.

Back