News Contender Series 2021 fights

Yeah, I don't think it was as bad as Imadaev, more just a dark joke IIRC. Probably not the best decision though.

Legit or not, fuck that guy. Hope he loses in that case, and I'm surprised Dana's giving him a shot. He probably wins I suppose if he's legit as you both say.

Legit or not, fuck that guy. Hope he loses in that case, and I'm surprised Dana's giving him a shot. He probably wins I suppose if he's legit as you both say.

He's won 8 fights in a row in ACB so he's very legit, although he's been very inactive and hasn't fought in a couple of years, but neither has his opponent.

Translates to "Long awaited at the UFC, The Luxembourger of Chechen origin Khusein Askhabov (23-0-0) will participate in the #DWCS of August to earn his place in the UFC!"

So yeah, sounds like Khusein Askhabov is going to be on too.

This is getting silly.

Rizvan Kuniev

Nasrudin Nasrudinov

Igor Poterya

Edivan Santos

Lucasz Sudolski

All appeared on the UFC app now.

They've also put a guy called Jailton De Almeida on there, but I searched him and he's 0-0 so I'm hoping they messed up and it's actually Jailton Junior.

They've also put a guy called Jailton De Almeida on there, but I searched him and he's 0-0 so I'm hoping they messed up and it's actually Jailton Junior.

Jailton Junior would be unreal, but sorry, I'm not buying that guys like Nasrudin Nasrudinov are gonna be on this! I'll believe that when I see it!

Jailton Junior would be unreal, but sorry, I'm not buying that guys like Nasrudin Nasrudinov are gonna be on this! I'll believe that when I see it!

I didn't think that either but I generally can't think of another reason as to why their names are showing up on the app at the same time as the fighters who've got DWCS fights confirmed are popping up.

This season on it's own would be a pretty good standalone promotion if it continues like this.

Duraev?!?!? Nasrudinov???!?!

what the fuck? This is insane. Also, September? That's like... five months away.

Duraev?!?!? Nasrudinov???!?!

what the fuck? This is insane. Also, September? That's like... five months away.

I think the UFC is too busy fucking around with another season of TUF that nobody asked for. I think that's the reason they're delaying Contender Series fights. I could be wrong though.

Lmao Lorenzo Hood?! Dude I thought he gave up on mma a long time ago! Didn’t even know he was still fighting after the whole Bellator thing didn’t work out! Dude is marketable as hell but he’s beaten total bums and the Polish guy he’s fighting looks pretty damn good.

Askhabov is supposedly fighting Joanderson Brito.

Can’t believe Askhabov at 23-0 has to go through contender series to get in the UFC. Either they upped the contender series purses or these guys really just want to get into the UFC at all costs. Either way, I like it. DWCS sucked last year so if they can revamp it and turn it into something more meaningful I’m all for it.

Can’t believe Askhabov at 23-0 has to go through contender series to get in the UFC. Either they upped the contender series purses or these guys really just want to get into the UFC at all costs. Either way, I like it. DWCS sucked last year so if they can revamp it and turn it into something more meaningful I’m all for it.

It should vastly increase the quality of the roster anyway. Most of these guys could slot in anyway.

Wasnt Hood signed to Bellator at one point but never fought? What happened there? he was gonna Butler I think.

<Huh2>

That's got to be the highest level contender series fight ever right?

Well, this is both incredible and sad at the same time - why match the fuckers up?! Have each of them fight someone else, both are definitely UFC ready right now!!

Highest level DWCS fight ever, yeah, definitely. It annoys me a bit! You'll have some 7-3 FW getting a headkick TKO over some 8-3 guy and they'll get a contract, go 0-2 and get cut - while the loser of this will be sent home!

Well, this is both incredible and sad at the same time - why match the fuckers up?! Have each of them fight someone else, both are definitely UFC ready right now!!

Highest level DWCS fight ever, yeah, definitely. It annoys me a bit! You'll have some 7-3 FW getting a headkick TKO over some 8-3 guy and they'll get a contract, go 0-2 and get cut - while the loser of this will be sent home!

Yeah, part of me wants to see the fight and part of me hopes it somehow falls apart without either of them getting injured and they both fight someone else and get a contract.

Yeah, part of me wants to see the fight and part of me hopes it somehow falls apart without either of them getting injured and they both fight someone else and get a contract.

To be fair, this is 5months away - it'll end up being Junior vs. some American MW who lost on the previous season or something, last minute replacement.

Joanderson Brito is on the app now, so that's presumably a go. Italian Leonardo Damiani and Tajik Muin Gafurov have also been added.

Back