*conspiracy theory inside!*

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
During the press conference Conor said nate turned down 155 and nate said he didnt. I think Conor actually pushed for 170 because if he loses he can still fight for the 155 belt. I mean a loss really wouldn't have too much consequence 2 divisions above where he usually fights. Pretty smart move.

He says he was first contacted about fighting conor when aldo pulled out. That is when he accepted at 155, he says it himself, conor just wouldn't shut the fuck up and they turned off nate's mic and had the volume wayyy lower when it was on. Business as usual.

Nate also said he's sure that McGregor knew he would be fighting him his whole training camp.

Its obvious this is the match McGregor and the UFC wanted for March and they're saving the RDA fight for 200, in the meantime trying to catch a unprepared Diaz for a quick easy payday.

Is also why Khabib was quickly pushed aside when he offered

Nate also said he's sure that McGregor knew he would be fighting him his whole training camp.

Its obvious this is the match McGregor and the UFC wanted for March and they're saving the RDA fight for 200, in the meantime trying to catch a unprepared Diaz for a quick easy payday.

Is also why Khabib was quickly pushed aside when he offered

In Japan they call this the Sakakibara Switch.

Props to Nate for taking the fight on such short notice. Conor is the GOAT of taking advantage of fighters with short camps or long layoffs.

During the press conference Conor said nate turned down 155 and nate said he didnt. I think Conor actually pushed for 170 because if he loses he can still fight for the 155 belt. I mean a loss really wouldn't have too much consequence 2 divisions above where he usually fights. Pretty smart move.
170lb was smart because whether the fight is at 155, 165, 170, 180, HW… It doesn't matter. In just ten days, Nate will weigh exactly what he will weigh BUT…

…Now Conor can say he starched a WW.

Sounds plausible. With all the talk of taking three belts and then quitting the game, the UFC have a vested interest in having him fight between title bouts.

Khabib hasn't fought anyone but his doctor for 2 years, get over it.

True. I still wanted this fight though. Why? So Conor could show another elite grappler what his striking can do to them. Half Khabib, full Khabib, any Khabib would've been nice to see fight Conor. It would've been a great clash of styles and European vs European bad ass. Instead we've got Nate Diaz fighting McGregor at 170. It will be a fun fight for as long as it lasts, which won't be very long.

Back