Conspiracy (2001)

BisexualMMA

Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!
@Titanium
Reaction score
Who has seen this movie with Kenneth Branagh, Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci?

It is a re-enactment of the Wannsee Conference, the secret meeting at which Nazi executives decided to enact the Final Solution and exterminate the Jews within the boundaries of their empire.

Despite its being relatively unknown, it's a very good film for a number of reasons. First, its accuracy in minute historical details is impressive, as well as the way it works these details into the script naturally.

The second reason is that impressive manner in which the film manages to distinguish between the traits and objectives of all of the characters, despite the fact that they could easily have all been portrayed as the same guy (Nazi) wanting the same thing (exterminating Jews).

The actors do a great job of knowing their individual characters and having the interplay between them be compelling despite their doing nothing but sitting at a table.

Colin Firth and Kenneth Branagh gave performances that wouldn't be out of place with an Oscar nomination, if you ask me.

It's both a fine display of acting and a film that has important historical value. People who know of these historical events in some detail will probably have a greater appreciation for some of the references. I'd actually recommend viewing this movie after you've either studied a bit of the history or watched a few other Holocaust / WW2 related movies. I wouldn't make it the first film you view on the subject, unless you plan on revisiting it later.

9/10.

Last edited:
I usually hate film for TV productions but the reviews are pretty outstanding for the most part and I see HBO films associated with it. I'll have to find where to watch it.

I might check it out. I'm just finishing Band of Brothers. I know, I really waited a long time to get to that series.

Awesome film. Haven't seen it since it came out. I thought it was fairly well known. HBO made a big deal about it at the time.

Shit is so legit. Branagh is amazing but Firth kills it too

Last edited:
I haven't heard of this one but it sounds interesting. I may have to check it out.

I might check it out. I'm just finishing Band of Brothers. I know, I really waited a long time to get to that series.
I got down to watching BoB in prep for The Pacific. That one kind of backfired.

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out.

Thanks TS.

7.8 for a tv made movie is outstanding. I'm not big on documentaries or ww2 but you're an intelligent poster so I'll add it to my gigantic list of movies to see.

At first I thought "That old movie with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts?"

Then I realized that that movie was even older than the one you're talking about, and I couldn't remember the actual title of the movie I was thinking of, because I probably have early symptoms of Alzheimer's.

Fuck, I'm old.

Sounds like propaganda...

At first I thought "That old movie with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts?"

Then I realized that that movie was even older than the one you're talking about, and I couldn't remember the actual title of the movie I was thinking of, because I probably have early symptoms of Alzheimer's.

Fuck, I'm old.

NOT THE GRAVY!!!!

I remember when it came out (thought it was earlier tbh.) Tucci plays Eichmann, correct?

I mentioned this once in a "recommend a movie thread." Great casting, acting and script writing.

Does it tear your heart out?

Back