Considering The Risk Of Heart Attacks related To Steroid Use...

You're just trying to convince yourself and justify your own reasons for your steroid usage. Otherwise you wouldn't have lashed out.
Sure buddy. Because I have so much need for it working 50 hour weeks. You probably think steroids shrink your penis and that roid rage is real. Being informed on a subject doesn't make someone a practitioner. Good try though. WWE is probably on somewhere buddy scurry on.

In the new study, moderate coffee drinkers (those who consumed two or three cups a day) raised their risk of having a heart attack by 60% by drinking a cup of coffee.

But light coffee drinkers increased their risk of heart attack by more than four times with one cup, according to the study. Little effect was seen among heavy coffee drinkers (those who drank four or more cups per day). What's more, coffee drinkers who have three or more risk factors for heart disease more than doubled their risk of sustaining a heart attack after downing a cup.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20060815/coffee-may-trigger-heart-attack

With this information, are you worried about people drinking coffee and are you gonna shout about its dangers from the rooftops?
No, but I also wouldn't deny that there's a risk, like you are with steroids. I wasn't shouting about steroid risks. You asked for evidence that steroids lead to heart-related deaths. I provided it. It's not my fault if you chose to reject that because of your pre-conceived notions.

The only fighter I can think of who has/had a heart problem was Struve, but his was genetic if I remember correctly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21151163

Testosterone: Can it make you live longer?

This guy takes TRT. Reduced all age related diseases....high blood pressure, coronary artery disease.

"It increases aspects of cognition, it protects the brain from dying, it reduces Alzheimer's disease, I mean, it's wonderful,"

wierd, bigger muscles are great except where the heart is concerned. you'd think a bigger heart muscle would make it tougher but it actually makes it less efficient and weaker.

The only fighter I can think of who has/had a heart problem was Struve, but his was genetic if I remember correctly.
Del Rosario had long QT syndrome, and Hardy has Wolffe-Parkinson-White syndrome. There are likely others I don't know about.

Kimbo Slice.
This is true, but what I'm hearing now is he had a congenital heart defect that went undiagnosed like they often do. Steroids could very well have made it worse, of course.

OP: Arnold had to have heart surgery because he also had a congenital heart defect. Steroids can certainly damage the heart, but you have to remember that the people who use gear don't all take massive amounts like a body builder and on balance, the overwhelming majority of people who use gear never have issues.

In the new study, moderate coffee drinkers (those who consumed two or three cups a day) raised their risk of having a heart attack by 60% by drinking a cup of coffee.

But light coffee drinkers increased their risk of heart attack by more than four times with one cup, according to the study. Little effect was seen among heavy coffee drinkers (those who drank four or more cups per day). What's more, coffee drinkers who have three or more risk factors for heart disease more than doubled their risk of sustaining a heart attack after downing a cup.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20060815/coffee-may-trigger-heart-attack

With this information, are you worried about people drinking coffee and are you gonna shout about its dangers from the rooftops?

If coffee permanently shut down by endocrine system, yeah I would.

It isnt the same comparing Arnolds years to todays AAS abuse. Arnold was quoted as saying his did three dbols a day, which may be BS but given the results he produced and his honesty on the subject, I'd give him the benfit of the doubt.

The biggest difference between thos years and todays athletes is that competitive bodybuilders only cycled during the competitive season while they were dieting, in order to keep their strength in the dieting phase which lasted 16 weeks or so. They did two shows or so a year, so one cycle of 12 weeks a year was the common standard.

It wasn't until the Dorian Yates era that guys started staying on all year round and using cardio vascular depleting variants of test AAS like tren and dabbling in use of hgh.

People dont realise the effect a 12 week cycle with 1 compound can have and doing that once a year can change your physique dramatically if its done right.

Nice post! Lots of good info there. I'd like to add one thing regarding Dorian Yates. Personally I didn't know when bodybuilders started using steroids year around or that they ever did start doing that. I'm not saying you;re wrong; I'm just saying I didn't have any knowledge about that particular phenomenon until now after reading your post.

Here's what I do know that I can add to what you wrote. This is fairly ironic and pretty interesting. While it may have been during the Dorian Yates era that that happened, it's very ironic that it started happening hen because as you may or may not know, Dorian Yates was one of the first bodybuilders, or maybe THE first bodybuilder since Mike Mentor to adandon the traditional high volume, moderate intensity style of training that had been touted as the best way to train by no lesser a body builder than Arnold Schwarzenegger himself!

Mike Mentzer, being the iconoclast he was, had done a lot of studying about exercise physiology, particularly what was required to cause muscular hypertrophy to occur, and he studied all other related fields of knowledge which would help him design the world's first muscle building workout regimen based on science rather than instinct, which until then, had ben what bodybuilders had been told to d by the burgeoning muscle magazine industry, "magazines" which were actually filed with the Library Of Congress as Catalogs and not magazines since their primary purpose was to advertise every bodybuilding supplement under the sun. These supplements were not tested by the FDA so they might include a small percentage or none at all of the ingredient or ingredients they claimed to have!

Mentzer, an intellectual who studied the philosophy of Ayn Rand, realized that logically, in each workout, you can train with high intensity for a short duration or low to moderate intensity for a long duration, In short, YOU CAN TRAIN HARD OR LONG BUT YOU CAN'T D0 BOTH!

Dorian Yates was a proponent of Mentzer's High Intensity, low volume regimens which until Yates won Mr.Olympia, the most prestigious honoring the professional bodybuilding world, had been considered heresy in the bodybuilding world because after all, how dare Mike Mentzer denounce the training methods of Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Mentor explained that we are al; born with varying amounts of tolerance to the stress of exercise, and just as there is a spectrum of intelligence with a few rare people possessing extremely high I.Q.s at one end of the spectrum, to people with extremely low I.Q.s at the other end of the spectrum and then of course a whole range of I.Q.s in between these two extremes. Just as the genius is born with the genetics for a person's brain to develop into brain that has an incredibly rare high level of intelligence, there are also a few are people born with amazing tolerance for the stress of exercise and the ability to recuperate much, much more quickly than the average man can.

End Of Part One

Why not look towards bodybuilders? Have they been dying early? I don't know any of those guys except for Arnold and a few.

Why not look towards bodybuilders? Have they been dying early? I don't know any of those guys except for Arnold and a few.

I think one study I remember showed powerlifters were the ones most thought to die from roids.

This shit is just so strenuous in general though. Like wrestling. They destroy their bodies. They work like 300 days a year or something. Or used to. The movie The Wrestler lol. There ya go. That is a tough fucking life. That's probably why so many have died. Steroids did not help but they drove their bodies into the ground.

I was reading recently how Superfly Snuka has been declared mentally incompetent by a judge to stand trial for murder. He is a vegetable. Why do people think such mental behavior is steroids and not the countless head trauma?

Arnold had a heart attack. It depends on type and amounts you use as well as other factors. Diet, sleep, etc.

Stallone openly admits to testosterone and HGH usage. After about age 40, if you use in good amounts and eat/sleep right, you will usually do nothing but benefit.
People like Arnold are filthy rich. He could afford the best treatment after his heart attack, and adjust his life-style to be more healthy. Besides that, he most likely still takes at least some small/healthy amounts of testosterone and or HGH.

It's people who overuse and abuse who suffer and die young. Just go on any bodybuilding forum that's been around for a while. A lot of these guys KNOW they are going to have health problems and or die much younger than usual. Many of them talk about it on forums. They are simply that dedicated/desirous to have the looks they want/achieve whatever result they're looking for.

When I used to do cycles of HGH, I could feel which amounts were healthy and which were not. For a young fit guy, 6-8 IUs taken every other day, (taken twice a day in amounts of 3-4 IUs totaling 6-8 for the day) is perfect. Taking 10 or above is begging for negative side effects. A lot of body builders take 18IUS or MORE every single day during cycles + whichever other anabolics they are using. This should help give you an idea of how come many have bad side effects later, and why some live to a ripe old age and never seem to suffer.

The very few times I cycled testosterone(Im not going to name the exact type because I don't want to influence younger guys to try), it was an oral one which has less side effects. I took it in what was deemed reasonable amounts. I could instantly feel increased strength and noticed huge gains. Physically the mass gained was very noticeable too. The only bad side effects I had at the time where weaker joints(especially in knees from running), the typical face-bloat and increased aggression. I am now 36 years old, and am currently being tested for suspected parathyroid gland problems. There "could" be a connection between the HGH since it has been known to increase the speed of tumors/cancer if you have any of those cells. The last cycle I took was over 5 years ago, so it's difficult to say if the HGH has any connection.

The point I'm making is that there has been a lot of research undertaken, but at the same time research is still being carried out. Also that there are many many different types of anabolics with many different effects/side-effects. Amounts and such are all important. There are very few facts which are precisely applicable to all as a whole.

As @McBryde Mats LLC said, the chief problem is enlarged left ventricle

There was a study by an Australian doctor on I think 24 people who had died who had a history of steroid use, and in a large majority of them there was an enarged LV

Theres a study i read the other day which looked at steroid users. The average person pumps around 55% of the contents of the heart with each beat, with steroid users this has been found to be as low as 30%, so basically the heart has to do twice the work which long term isnt great.

This is actually the exact argument we had with Luke Thomas on twitter the other day. Several users provided Luke with countless studies on LV enlargement and Cardiac Myothapy, and he got shirty, and ended the conversation with a link to some op ed peice written 10 years ago saying steroids arent bad for you.

You're joking right?

Del Rosario had coke in his system when he died, and Leben... yea, he's lead a clean life. Jones, Guillard, and Ricco have popped for coke. Filho, yea, he was completely clean vs. Sonnen. Karo had a painkiller addiction. If you don't think use of prescription painkillers is relatively common among guys in MMA, well...
It's still not nearly as common.

As @McBryde Mats LLC said, the chief problem is enlarged left ventricle

There was a study by an Australian doctor on I think 24 people who had died who had a history of steroid use, and in a large majority of them there was an enarged LV

Theres a study i read the other day which looked at steroid users. The average person pumps around 55% of the contents of the heart with each beat, with steroid users this has been found to be as low as 30%, so basically the heart has to do twice the work which long term isnt great.

This is actually the exact argument we had with Luke Thomas on twitter the other day. Several users provided Luke with countless studies on LV enlargement and Cardiac Myothapy, and he got shirty, and ended the conversation with a link to some op ed peice written 10 years ago saying steroids arent bad for you.

Yup, people hear what they want to hear to justify their choices and decisions. At the end of the day, if people want to use AAS, they should be allowed to, people should be able to do whatever thy want with their bodies regardless of judgement of society or others.....BUT they should be able to make an informed decision, not just follow blind advice

So did these people die from roids or not and do you have evidence?

That is just a roundabout junk diagnosis.

They did not die from AAS, they died from heart attackes. How that happened could have been from a multitude of health reasons, too many to specify.
However, using AAS tends to amplify the problems.

Comparing a natural foodstuff to AAS abuse is a useless argument with no merit.
I got these cheeseburgers too man...

Back