Considering The Risk Of Heart Attacks related To Steroid Use...

I would too. Where is the evidence?

Just like I deny Lyle Alzado died from it. I can't prove it, but neither can he. So he should stop making the claims. And Bigger, Faster Stronger. This teenager killed himself. His father insisted it was steroids. Just convinced. Where is the evidence though? It is an appeal to emotion. It is an easy boogeyman to blame.
http://circheartfailure.ahajournals.org/content/3/4/470.full
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1768197/
https://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/news/young-steroid-users-increased-risk-heart-disease

70 plus years old. Admits to regular test and hgh use and probably throws some others in under Doctor supervision. With the right budget and medical attention they are a fountain of youth. The misconceptions about steroids are a joke. You really think adding a natural hormone like test that you're body produces less of to make you stay feeling young just gives a heart attack? Arnold abused some really hard steroids but there is no evidence that it led to heart problems. It was probably the 7000 calories he ate daily as body builder that led to that or hereditary.

You're just trying to convince yourself and justify your own reasons for your steroid usage. Otherwise you wouldn't have lashed out.

I would too. Where is the evidence?

Just like I deny Lyle Alzado died from it. I can't prove it, but neither can he. So he should stop making the claims. And Bigger, Faster Stronger. This teenager killed himself. His father insisted it was steroids. Just convinced. Where is the evidence though? It is an appeal to emotion. It is an easy boogeyman to blame.

Some people live emotional distressed lives with pressures from their peers and family messing with the stability of their psyche, adding hormonal problems into this fold, say from a shutdown of the HPTA from AAS abuse, leaving the user unable to produce the primary male hormone all at the age of 14-15....

I mean C'mon man

When people die as a consequence of a poor lifestyle that involves roids, HGH, painkillers, recreational drugs, alcohol, lousy diet and poor sleeping habits plus hereditary diseases - it is always roids being singled out as the primary cause of their death.

Pro wrestlers used tons of cocaine and painkillers along with unhealthy lifestyles, mma fighters are athletes looking to preserve their bodies.

Some people live emotional distressed lives with pressures from their peers and family messing with the stability of their psyche, adding hormonal problems into this fold, say from a shutdown of the HPTA from AAS abuse, leaving the user unable to produce the primary male hormone all at the age of 14-15....

I mean C'mon man

So did these people die from roids or not and do you have evidence?

That is just a roundabout junk diagnosis.

Damn... that's some scary shit!!

What about taking testosterone, any crazy effects with that?

I'm not an expert on any of this ; I just have a little more knowledge than the average guy. If your testosterone is lower than normal, or in the normal range but short of the high range of normal, then yes, testosterone can be taken but only in a safe amount as determined by your endocrinologist who will first send you to a blood work lab tp have your blood taken and certain things tested for which he will check off on the prescription form he gives you for your blood test.

Then he will probably have you come back in a moth or two and assuming you;re feeling better, he will then see you once every 6 months, with a blood sample needed to be taken before each of those visits so he can see if the testosterone he's prescribing you is making your prostate unhealthy, which is the one dies effect I know is possible, or some other side effect, which I have forgotten what it was.

Last edited:
It isnt the same comparing Arnolds years to todays AAS abuse. Arnold was quoted as saying his did three dbols a day, which may be BS but given the results he produced and his honesty on the subject, I'd give him the benfit of the doubt.

The biggest difference between thos years and todays athletes is that competitive bodybuilders only cycled during the competitive season while they were dieting, in order to keep their strength in the dieting phase which lasted 16 weeks or so. They did two shows or so a year, so one cycle of 12 weeks a year was the common standard.

It wasn't until the Dorian Yates era that guys started staying on all year round and using cardio vascular depleting variants of test AAS like tren and dabbling in use of hgh.

People dont realise the effect a 12 week cycle with 1 compound can have and doing that once a year can change your physique dramatically if its done right.
image.jpeg

If you don't abuse them you should be fine. All these dudes were running heavy amounts of gear. Arnold was running Dbol without a pct in like the 70's, that's asking for a heart attack. Everything in moderation

uh-oh we got a roider over here.

Pro wrestlers used tons of cocaine and painkillers along with unhealthy lifestyles, mma fighters are athletes looking to preserve their bodies.

You're joking right?

Del Rosario had coke in his system when he died, and Leben... yea, he's lead a clean life. Jones, Guillard, and Ricco have popped for coke. Filho, yea, he was completely clean vs. Sonnen. Karo had a painkiller addiction. If you don't think use of prescription painkillers is relatively common among guys in MMA, well...

Watch the documentary bigger, stronger, faster. Very good and interesting

So where does that show the people I listed died from steroids?

I can show caffeine linked to heart attacks. Big deal. How dangerous do you think coffee is?

At what dosages? If you don't think reduced left ventricular function leads to an increase in cardiac related death... ok, keep thinking that.

At what dosages? If you don't think reduced left ventricular function leads to an increase in cardiac related death... ok, keep thinking that.

In the new study, moderate coffee drinkers (those who consumed two or three cups a day) raised their risk of having a heart attack by 60% by drinking a cup of coffee.

But light coffee drinkers increased their risk of heart attack by more than four times with one cup, according to the study. Little effect was seen among heavy coffee drinkers (those who drank four or more cups per day). What's more, coffee drinkers who have three or more risk factors for heart disease more than doubled their risk of sustaining a heart attack after downing a cup.

http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/news/20060815/coffee-may-trigger-heart-attack

With this information, are you worried about people drinking coffee and are you gonna shout about its dangers from the rooftops?

Nonsense. None of those guys died from steroids. You made that up. This is Lyle Alzado shit all over again. Reefer madness. Fear. Junk science.
There is some truth on both sides and the link below talks about how the effects of steroids can be overstated. Studies show mice live shorter lives on steroids. Humans don't live in labs, so other factors can contribute. I believe steroids are harmful, and the shortening life spans of strength athletes and NFL players reflect this.
If you think steroid use had no impact on Kevin's and Kimbo's life span, OK. I believe the opposite, end of story.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9140897/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3827559/#!po=0.320513

Back