Considering The Risk Of Heart Attacks related To Steroid Use...

Lol I'm not like pro- steroids or anything. I have taken them plenty but they aren't for everyone. People can have side effects if they aren't taken properly or have underlying medical conditions. People like Arnold, kimbo, Mark Kerr, ken shamrock were taking roids out the ass. And not just TRT and growth. Funky shit

Smashing Machine is a great movie about Mark Kerr and Mark Coleman who also took roads. The movie is more about Kerr's addiction to painkillers, but i covers all his drug abuse. It's a move I can't recommend highly enough!

If Hunt thought he had a hard time against Lesnar he;s lucky he didn't have to face Kerr during Kerr's prime. Kerr had even greater wrestling credentials than Lesnar, was at least as muscular, and in his prime it was the era where you were allowed to knee a downed opponent in the head and headbutt him too!

It was shocking to see how much muscle Kerr most when he quit steroids. I'd expect him to lose a good amount of muscle but not as much as he lost!

Have there been any MMA fighters who have died suspiciously young because of heart attacks? Maybe the sport is too new. I suspect the fighters in the first generation of MMA fighters - roughly the ones who started competing between 1993 and 2002, will start having problems soon. I hope there won't be too many casualties, but one look at the number of pro wrestlers who died before 50 years old is very frightening, especially the wrestlers who were at the peak of their career in the 1980s.

How do you suppose Arnold Scwarxenegger is still not only alive but still active having been Governor of CA and now is back making movies in which he still has huge muscles? Sylvester Stallone seemed to keep getting more muscular the older he got. He's still massive in his 60s! How do they stay so healthy?
Arnold had a heart attack. It depends on type and amounts you use as well as other factors. Diet, sleep, etc.

Smashing Machine is a great movie about Mark Kerr and Mark Coleman who also took roads. The movie is more about Kerr's addiction to painkillers, but i covers all his drug abuse. It's a move I can't recommend highly enough!

If Hunt thought he had a hard time against Lesnar he;s lucky he didn't have to face Kerr during Kerr's prime. Kerr had even greater wrestling credentials than Lesnar, was at least as muscular, and in his prime it was the era where you were allowed to knee a downed opponent in the head and headbutt him too!

It was shocking to see how much muscle Kerr most when he quit steroids. I'd expect him to lose a good amount of muscle but not as much as he lost!
great documentary. He looks pretty rough nowadays image.jpeg

Last edited:
PEDs are like Russian roulette in a way...
Some people can endure to abuse almost all their life without sides or almost without sides. Some other will get into serious trouble after one cycle...
Also obvioulsy being done by a Hollywood star under heavy medical control is nothing alike your average gym meathead self medicating without any control and ordering his products on "bulgaria.com"

Too much of that shit can enlarge your heart, eh?

My old man died of a heart attack in his 50's due to an enlarged heart which was put down to ongoing therapeutic use of steroids (he had no large intestine so needed the stuff to treat that I guess. He was always pretty tight-lipped).

More recently, my cuz ended up in hospital with heart problems. Turns out he's got an enlarged heart too. When I asked him why he said it was the steroids he was taking.

Thinking about family history, I'm pretty wary about touching anything stronger than a creatine/protein mix.

Didn't Ken Shamrock have a heart attack during a Pride bout?

My old man died of a heart attack in his 50's due to an enlarged heart which was put down to ongoing therapeutic use of steroids (he had no large intestine so needed the stuff to treat that I guess. He was always pretty tight-lipped).

More recently, my cuz ended up in hospital with heart problems. Turns out he's got an enlarged heart too. When I asked him why he said it was the steroids he was taking.

Thinking about family history, I'm pretty wary about touching anything stronger than a creatine/protein mix.

Damn sorry to hear about your dad and cousin

HGH does cause enlargement of the heart (in big does at least) and terrifyingly enough, also makes the other internal organs continue to grow well after they have reached full adult size.

Damn... that's some scary shit!!

What about taking testosterone, any crazy effects with that?

stallone.jpg

70 plus years old. Admits to regular test and hgh use and probably throws some others in under Doctor supervision. With the right budget and medical attention they are a fountain of youth. The misconceptions about steroids are a joke. You really think adding a natural hormone like test that you're body produces less of to make you stay feeling young just gives a heart attack? Arnold abused some really hard steroids but there is no evidence that it led to heart problems. It was probably the 7000 calories he ate daily as body builder that led to that or hereditary.

Good post. Its all about use or abuse.

Kimbo Slice, Randleman, Dada 5000, Corey Hill

Leben's career ended due to heart failure. Fortunately a medical that Bellator gave him revealed that his LVEF was 18% before he fought anyone in that condition. He said his doctors said his hard living (steroids and opiates) was likely related.

When I made a thread asking whether or not Kevin Randleman's death could have been PED related it was quickly deleted.

It's nice this thread hasn't.

When I made a thread asking whether or not Kevin Randleman's death could have been PED related it was quickly deleted.

It's nice this thread hasn't.

Thing is it's hard to tell. Both Randleman, Kimbo, and Hill had pnemonia before they died, which can fuck up anyone very badly and very quickly. Hill ended up getting a lung transplant immediately before he died. Now those could have been cases of congestive heart failure that were initially misdiagnosed (that's exactly what happened to me), but I really doubt it, especially in Hill's case where they opted for a lung transplant - there's no way they'd get that far down the line without being sure.

Dada 5000 died in hospital of a heart attack after his 'fight' with Kimbo. He was brought back to life.

Kimbo died of a heart attack three weeks after. And he popped for roids at their 'fight'.

And I remember you said roids caused or contributed to those deaths. I would like a source on that. This is junk science.

It's a real thing and already some guys are dropping. Some of the posters got the recent ones with Randleman and Slice. Look at Coleman and Shamrock, they don't seem very healthy any more.

Nonsense. None of those guys died from steroids. You made that up. This is Lyle Alzado shit all over again. Reefer madness. Fear. Junk science.

Luke Thomas actually denies the role of steroids in the deaths of a generation of pro wrestlers.

Luke Thomas actually denies the role of steroids in the deaths of a generation of pro wrestlers.

I would too. Where is the evidence?

Just like I deny Lyle Alzado died from it. I can't prove it, but neither can he. So he should stop making the claims. And Bigger, Faster Stronger. This teenager killed himself. His father insisted it was steroids. Just convinced. Where is the evidence though? It is an appeal to emotion. It is an easy boogeyman to blame.

If you don't abuse them you should be fine. All these dudes were running heavy amounts of gear. Arnold was running Dbol without a pct in like the 70's, that's asking for a heart attack. Everything in moderation

It isnt the same comparing Arnolds years to todays AAS abuse. Arnold was quoted as saying his did three dbols a day, which may be BS but given the results he produced and his honesty on the subject, I'd give him the benfit of the doubt.

The biggest difference between thos years and todays athletes is that competitive bodybuilders only cycled during the competitive season while they were dieting, in order to keep their strength in the dieting phase which lasted 16 weeks or so. They did two shows or so a year, so one cycle of 12 weeks a year was the common standard.

It wasn't until the Dorian Yates era that guys started staying on all year round and using cardio vascular depleting variants of test AAS like tren and dabbling in use of hgh.

People dont realise the effect a 12 week cycle with 1 compound can have and doing that once a year can change your physique dramatically if its done right.

Back