Considering Begining BJJ in march

CONPHIDENT

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm waiting till after my wife graduates from school then im thinking of joining a bjj school, i have a couple of options, either at Klay Pittman's Gym Or Tony Bonello's. Price Range is huge but I was just wondering if there is anyone here who has trained with either one and their opinion of the gyms? Any help would be appreciated.

The only thing I would pay Tony Bonello for is to stop working fights. He's a disgrace to MMA.

I've never heard of the other guy but I would go with him.

The only thing I would pay Tony Bonello for is to stop working fights. He's a disgrace to MMA.

I've never heard of the other guy but I would go with him.

Yea, go with that guy. It looks like he has a blackbelt anyway.

doesn't pittman have a reputation for nickle-and-diming people with belts? I think he uses like 9-10 belt colours for his students and testing for each one is like 50$

Okay then, so what area are we dealing with? Any other options besides these two?

I'm Lubbock Texas, and im not so sure what my other options are as far as bjj goes, anyone on here in the area? And yes i heard that same thing about pittman, i either lose my money or go under someone who isn't respected.

I feel like any thread discussing Tony Bonello needs this gif.

murilo-rua_tony-bonello.gif

Tony Bonello seems like a complete douchebag. I don't care how good the training is or how low the prices are, I wouldn't want to learn from him because he strikes me as a terrible human being.

tony bonello? the same tony bonello from bully beatdown who got knocked down by the bully?

Yes, and the same one that has beaten 5 people who are currently either 0-1, 0-2, or 0-3 including a guy named T Bone (which is listed as his name, not a nickname) and Gumgor Gumgor.

Back