Conservatives win popular vote (Canadian elections)

I was talking about this last night but doubt you care. The Canadian system shows the issue with a multi party system.

In America, if the Dems fuck up, they pay for it. Here, if the Liberals fuck up, their voters just vote for one of the other liberal parties.

Liberals here never have to face the fact that that liberal policies are dogshit because they just switch back and forth between different liberal parties and say 'well I didn't vote for him.'
Liberals and NDP are the exact same. When you think about our system is completely rigged against conservatives.

If I remember it correctly, 4 years ago Trudeau pledged for electoral reform as soon as he gets in office.

How's the progress on that coming along, since he apparently have plenty of spare time to put on fashion shows?
Hello Duffman

First off, i would like you to reconsider your name. We respect womon in Canada so you should change it to Duffpeople to be more inclusive. I hope that answers your question.

Your first black prime minister,
/Justin T

Untitled-design-20.png

Then how do you explain that the conservatives got the most votes?
The Conservatives got 34 percent of the vote. That means that 66 percent of Canadians did not vote Conservative.

Pretty simple math, dude.

Liberals and NDP are the exact same. When you think about our system is completely rigged against conservatives.
This is completely wrong. First of all, NDP and Liberal are not remotely the same.

Secondly, splitting the progressive vote HEAVILY favours the Conservatives. That is exactly why the PC party and Reform party merged, to avoid splitting the right wing vote.

The system is rigged in favour of both the Liberal AND Conservative parties, at the expense of fringe parties.

If I remember it correctly, 4 years ago Trudeau pledged for electoral reform as soon as he gets in office.

How's the progress on that coming along, since he apparently have plenty of spare time to put on fashion shows?
He broke his promise.

Electoral reform,especially proportional representation, would essentially just hand a bunch of power to the NDP and Green party, with no benefit to the Liberals.

The Conservatives got 34 percent of the vote. That means that 66 percent of Canadians did not vote Conservative.

Pretty simple math, dude.
Dude. More than 66 percent did not vote liberal and yet here we are.

Dude. More than 66 percent did not vote liberal and yet here we are.
Yeah, the system is fucked. Cons won the popular vote because they won by landslides out west, but the Liberals won more seats in closer races in the east.

Meanwhile, the NDP got about 17% of the popular vote, but only 25 seats, and the Bloc got 6% of the vote, but 35 seats.

Makes perfect sense.

Trudeau is finally the minority he always wanted to be:

Justin-Trudeau-shamed-by-fresh-blackface-video-as-future-Canadian.jpg

Have conservatives already started bitching about this?

Have conservatives already started bitching about this?

Lol yes. #wexit (western canada exit) is trending because the Liberals lost their majority power. Talk about snowflakes, amirite?

Yeah, the system is fucked. Cons won the popular vote because they won by landslides out west, but the Liberals won more seats in closer races in the east.

Meanwhile, the NDP got about 17% of the popular vote, but only 25 seats, and the Bloc got 6% of the vote, but 35 seats.

Makes perfect sense.
I blame asians in more affluent cities who tend to lean left even though they know jackshit about politics.

I blame asians in more affluent cities who tend to lean left even though they know jackshit about politics.

Dunno about canada, but there is a pretty clear reason for that in the USA

The two ridings in Vancouver with Asian majorities went conservative.

Back