Conservative student president commits suicide following protest against drag queens on tax dollars

I dunno. A lot of closeted right-wing guys have big time self-loathing issues. It's kind of wrenching when they spill them out to you and makes it very difficult to not feel empathy for them regardless of any political horseshit. This kid was apparently openly gay though.

Yeah I don't really read this as a political story as much as I read it as a story about another young person committing suicide for reasons unknown or not fully explored.

Doesn't it seem strange that a conservative kid who is confident enough in his sexuality and political stances to be an openly gay conservative who attends protests, would suddenly be suicidal over negative feedback from the protest?

I mean, I know that people can put up a front and seem way more confident than they really are, but it just seems like there had to have been a lot of other issues pushing him towards suicide other than the political aspect. Maybe the negative blowback was the last straw for an already deeply troubled kid or something.

Global warming, nac, global fucking warming!

How dare you.

Also, I just realized that my post that both of you guys quoted has multiple sentences that were posted twice. Not sure how that happened, but I went and edited it for clarity.

I still don't see the real point of a drag queen story time.

Also, everyone, nodak's back!

Globalists use stuff like this to subvert a nations culture. Think of poisoning the well. It also doesn’t help that globalists hate all things beautiful and with that comes a seething hatred for the West.
Lol , I'd rather have my son be at one of these readings than be anywhere near someone as crazy as you .

I don't even understand the idea behind "drag queen story time" type shit.

And no, drag queens are not for kids. That shit is gross.

What is the purpose of these drag queen sessions? Does anyone have an official explanation?

Drag queens have historically been at the forefront of the literacy movement in America. So their reading to kids in libraries makes total sense.

Don't you remember their famous slogan from the 70's? I think there was a Sesame Street episode about it.

Read every day
In a bustier!
Read every night
In fishnet tights!

I don't even understand the idea behind "drag queen story time" type shit.

And no, drag queens are not for kids. That shit is gross.
Parents want to use their children to prove how virtuous they are to facebook pals. Thats all it is. Same sort of people who pose their children with pitbulls to prove how nice THEIR dog is.

Parents want to use their children to prove how virtuous they are to facebook pals. Thats all it is. Same sort of people who pose their children with pitbulls to prove how nice THEIR dog is.

I love pitbulls so I won't take that bait.

That said, you're probably right. Or at least half right. The drag queens somehow pushed themselves into children's spaces and then a certain type of parent takes their kids for the photo op.

He’s right.

it’s sinister to send drag queens to influence kids. They get kids on social media and contact them online. It’s a concerted campaign of evil.

and we have Ellen normalizing 11 year old Desmond stripping for gay men.

why isn’t there civil conflict yet? Americans have become too tolerant and soft imo

xochi-mochi-x750.jpg

I don't understand the issue, kids dress up on halloween. Should we ban halloween? Let them teach whatever they want.

I don't understand the issue, kids dress up on halloween. Should we ban halloween? Let them teach whatever they want.

Spoken like an incel without children.

they are trying to influence these children and confuse them

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-13/liberal-national-club-president-wilson-gavin-dies/11863096

Some background:
"Liberal National" refers to the conservative parties in Australia. Liberal does not mean the liberal of the US. Additionally, while it refers to these parties, the student club was disendorsed by those same parties in December last year.

The gathering were protesting drag queens reading to children in a tax payer funded library (I believe, on tax payer funds as well). While we do not know why he took his life, the protest occurred in the last 24-48 hours and was met with widespread condemnation and a hate campaign against him on social media.

Ironically, the 21 year old man that committed suicide was openly gay.

Liberal National Club president Wilson Gavin dies after protesting against drag queens at Brisbane library

The head of a university Liberal National Club that surrounded and shouted at drag queens reading to children in a Brisbane City Council Library has died.

UQ Liberal National Club president Wilson Gavin was one of a group of people who stormed the Drag Queen Storytime event.

The ABC understands he took his own life this morning.

In video of the protest posted on social media, Mr Gavin could be seen shouting "drag queens are not for kids".

The actions of the UQ Liberal National Club (UQLNC) were swiftly condemned on social media by fellow students, advocates and federal MPs — its Facebook page has received a barrage of comments.

The Liberal National Party distanced itself from the UQLNC, which was disaffiliated in December.

In a press conference earlier today, Queensland Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington said she would not comment on the reports of Mr Gavin's death.

"In relation to the unconfirmed reports relating to a young man, out of respect for the family I won't be making any comments on this matter," she said.

"I think today is a day to think about a bit of compassion and respect for people."

The storytelling event was organised by Rainbow Families Queensland who released a statement saying they were "deeply saddened" by the news.

I didn't even realise that was happening in Oz.
I blame America.

Drag queens have historically been at the forefront of the literacy movement in America. So their reading to kids in libraries makes total sense.

Don't you remember their famous slogan from the 70's? I think there was a Sesame Street episode about it.

Read every day
In a bustier!
Read every night
In fishnet tights!

So they've been working on this shit since many years ago?

Fucking LOL!!! Yeah, thats totally the same thing. Jesus are you serious?

Sigh. For consistency, all the usual suspects ought to be in here telling us all about how the guy must have been mental to begin with and if not over this incident, he would have suicided over something else eventually anyway.

Not that I agree, but their absence is notable.

Back