Consensus and advice for powerlifting bands

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by The_Inigma, May 8, 2008.

1. The_Inigma

The_Inigma White Belt

Hi, im The_Inigma, im new on sherdog and powerlifting so if it makes you feel better to flame a whitebelt, go for it. My question is how usefull are bands for strength and power? What types of exercises are they good for? and how beneficial are band sprints? Im thinking to use them for backand front squats, bench and deadlifts. If you can throw in any info that might be interesting too, that would be great.

edit: i would just like to add the question as well if you do use bands which are the best you've used and what are the best prices floating around?

edit #2: sorry i completely forgot about this thread but some good things were put down. i just realized there was a search function on this site, im a noobe. :p

2. The_Inigma

The_Inigma White Belt

To The Top

3. chia

chia POWER OF THE GLOW

How strong are you currently?

4. The_Inigma

The_Inigma White Belt

Well in terms of the 4 I listed above, im doing back squats for 315x5, for bench i have hit 300 and at the moment being can probably do at least 290x1 and have done 265x5. Front squats are 275x5 or 315x1 and deadlifts are 405x1 or 355x5. Thanks for responding.

5. The_Inigma

The_Inigma White Belt

6. The_Inigma

The_Inigma White Belt

wow, i had a question about tribulus in the nutrition forum and they answered beautifully. i guess people worry more about nutrition than powerlifting.

7. Donut62

Donut62 Black Belt

You've bumped this fucking thread 3 times in 20 minutes. This is a question that could be easily be answered by googlemotherfucker. But here's a start:

The Science Behind Bands and Chains By Rob Haan EliteFTS

Read EliteFTS and Westside Barbell articles about accommodating resistance. Quit being a lazy fucking piece of shit and do some research on your own. We aren't here to spoon feed people.

8. The_Inigma

The_Inigma White Belt

Good read

9. enright3060

enright3060 Brown Belt

10. HULKAMANIA

HULKAMANIA Blue Belt

11. The_Inigma

The_Inigma White Belt

i just got my bands today and this site has been pretty helpful for giving me an idea of how to setup the bands. Honestly, i love powerlifting alot but the wrestling team got a trainer and they want me to do alot of stuff i can't stand. I have to do so much conditioning. Im doing 15 rep squats for god's sake, and not the power squats, their like 6 seonds squats. Really gay and i get sore for the next days workout. Im just trying to get stronger any which way.