1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Conors would get stopped vs masvidal..casuals overlooking the experience aspect hard.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by shortlefthook, Jan 20, 2020.

1. shortlefthook 305 where I reside

People talk as if conors fought soo many high level strikers yet i fail to find many on his list, seems like conor has actually had most his success against wrestlers at 45.

The experience aspect isnt even close 10 years ago conor was getting tapped by duffy, meanwhile masvidal who was a 55r at the time step”d up and fought daley (who has much more power than conor, always along with legitimate kickboxing experience) and lost a split who many thought he won.

Conor stepped up to nate at 170 (fought and gassed at his own pace) then blamed nates size, and how he managed his energy. (experienced seasoned strikers dont gas fighting their own pace, hence why masvidal didnt fade after one round, its a testament to conors lack of experience facing fighters that can deal with his offense ( never been put in that situation Thus faded n panicked)

the most legit striker conor fought was nate and he got finished, then struggled to pull off a win the second fight (started fading before the third again, but came back beautifully)

i find it comical when people talk a about jorge being a journeyman which you could make an argument for but the journey that mans been on is vs much higher caliber strikers than conors ever fought.

I have a hard time imagining conor not getting kod by the big strikers masvidals fought like till or daley.

Jorge has damn near 2x the fights as conor with just about the same amount of finishes without 3/4 of them being at 45 against small men.

just saying you can say
    Holloway-( clearly a prospect when they fought)

Porier-( solid win imo but even more chinny at 45, and clearly dustin is better off at 55)

Aldo-( I laugh when people claim aldo is the best striker conor fought im a big aldo fan but i even called mcgregor to ko him (i have a thread about it)
    Aldos boxing was never elite he just had better striking than the wrestlers he constantly fought, his tdd and his explosiveness kept is what kept him dominant.
    [​IMG]
    same exact lunging combo that got him kod in 13 seconds, leaving his feet behind, over extending ect..hes a good striker but aldo struggled more with strikers because he was never the best striker at 45, the strikers better than him couldnt make it past the wrestlers.

so what am i missing? Wheres all these high level strikers?
    The most notable one gave him the biggest problems, and people want to act as if masvidals the overrated because his last three wins...

one guy has been fighting LEGiT strikers while the other was getting tapped by no names its clear to see which one is the favorite..

Cliffs
    -conor few legit strikers on his resume
    -lack of experience when compared to masvidal
    -this will be the difference if they were to fight
    -masvidals seen a powerful left hand (more powerful than conors)
    -conor would get stopped

2. PurpleDrank Black Belt

Your right Conor hasnt fought many high level strikers in mma but that doesnt mean he isnt one. Conors fight iq is really fucking high, so is Masvidals. Its a great fight. Masvidal has been dropped alot in his career though, that shit adds up at a certain point.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  3. shortlefthook 305 where I reside

He’s definitely a high level striker but what can we compare him with when hes almost always matched up with wrestlers?
    I think the diaz fight showed me conor still has allot of adjustments to make to his striking game.

masvidals been caught off balance numerous times (thompson fight and till fight) dont recall many times hes been legitimately stunned and lost his senses (i know its happen, just not as often as most people believe esp for 50 fights

4. Fox by the Sea Lighthouse Keeper Platinum Member

conor beats masvidal and then sherdog will say masvidal was a can

5. TheJohnnyWalkerEra Black Belt

Conor trains with Artem who is the lineal MW and HW champion with victories over Anderson Silva and Fedor

Artem > Rasul Shovhalov > Efrain Escudero > Jason High > Hayato Sakurai > Phil Baroni > Ryo Chonan > Anderson Silva > Dan Henderson > Fedor

6. champbless2 Seraldo Babalu Banned

Ts you typed so many words for nothing.

7. PurpleDrank Black Belt

Well hes really only fought 3 wrestlers out of 12 fights. Most of the strikers he faced are better now then they were so its hard to say. Also I think Aldo does some things better than Nate in the standup. But even he has improved his boxing alot. I think Conors standup has improved since the Diaz fight. Think of all the boxing rounds he sparred leading up to Mayweather, along with mma training the past 3 years. Still we havent seen much of it.

As far as the fight i think Conor is definitely faster. Also Masvidal got hit alot by till and even nate when you go back and watch the fight. So i think Conor will definitely land. I think Mas has more power than Conor at 170 though as crazy as it sounds. Theyre both really good in the clinch. I think we still gotta see Conors gas tank, but i think the fights 50-50

8. SKITZADACTYL Steel Belt

9. Twixt Orange Belt

lol cowboy has twice his fights too

10. wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

Aldo was and is one of the most extremely skilled fighters and strikers to ever compete in MMA. Shame on you.

11. Right Hook nut shot Brown Belt

How is Conor faster when even slow Nate was getting to him? Masvidals footwork, and speed were too much for nate to even react to

12. Right Hook nut shot Brown Belt

Masvidal vs Conor would be a tough fight for both. Too many dudes are emotionally invested in Conor to think logically. Conor and Masvidal both have what it takes to beat each other. Slight edge to Masvidal because of chin, stamina, and wrestling.

13. PurpleDrank Black Belt

Nate hit both of them. It was more dramatic because Conor was getting tired. Did you see the first round? If you think Conor wasnt faster your brains slow.

14. shortlefthook 305 where I reside

Dont believe it.
    Aldo was fighting guys like This

When gamebred was fighing legit strikers compare the difference in shots and how they are thrown.
    Don’t contribute, factually wouldn’t make a difference

15. Right Hook nut shot Brown Belt

The first round of Masvidal vs Nate was more impressive then Conor vs Mas. Seemed like Masvidal was literally playing with him. Who said I said Conor wasn't fast buddy seems like you are slow. My point is Conor doesn't have a significant speed advantage over Masvidal. There speed seems about matched.

16. wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

I'm sorry. We're comparing a career journeyman with one of the top 10 GOATs??? No thanks.

17. daniel san Yellow Card Yellow Card

It's funny how blinded haters and nuthuggers are. Some posts will say how McGregor can't wrestle and that he would get dominated by a low level wrestler. Some posts say he's ducking Masvidal when there are talks he's going to fight Khabib. Some threads say he can't strike and obviously Aldo was always a can. Some threads say he's ducking Khabib because there were talks about him fighting Masvidal.

Can't you just stfu or at least write a thread that should not be wastelanded for how dumb it is?

18. shortlefthook 305 where I reside

not trying to lower aldos status
    But his striking has been overrated by people because of the whole “goat” thing go back n look mcgrgeor even said it himself

19. kumitechamp Purple Belt

History is full of up and comers taking out the old guard. Sometimes we see something like Frankie Edgar vs Yair Rodriguez but sometimes we see something like Frankie Edgar vs. BJ Penn. I think when you take strategy and skills matter more than experience. Masvidal appears to have improved both of those and I think that mostly is due to improved focus in the gym.

20. shortlefthook 305 where I reside

Control your emotions i never called aldo a can, i said his striking is overrated, in which case it was.