Conor's win over Eddie Alvarez now that Eddie lost to a nobody

Conrad and eddie should have never touched UFC Lightweight Gold in the first place.

#KHABIBBLESS

Maybe One FC just has better fighters than we give them credit for.

UFC is dying
Maybe, maybe not

But, I love how the top 10 fighters in every category are pretty much just the UFC top 10.
Are there any good fighters anywhere else?

Eddie won the belt fair and square. Conor beat him fair and square.
When Conor beat him, he became the champ.

Whatever happens in either guy’s career after is immaterial

Eddie's UFC record 4-3-0-1

Got destroyed by Cerrone.

Barely squeezed out split decisions vs Pettis and washed up Gil

He KO'd very dehydrated RDA. He had no business winning that fight.

Then he got obliterated by Conor in one sided beating.
Conor was lucky Eddie was "champ" at the time. Eddie was around top 5 at his best

Conor's record against natural LW's is 1-2.

I consider Conor legit FW champ bot not LW champ.
Conor is lifetime featherweight, when people will realize it? Even in Cage Warriors he was featherweight.

Conor was lucky Eddie was "champ" at the time. Eddie was around top 5 at his best

You can do the same with anyone's record.

Look at Khabibs last few fights:

• Conor - fight went the way most people expected with Conor being outgrappled and subbed. Conor wasn't know for his TDD and didn't have a history at LW in UFC.
  • Al - short notice #11, Al's only fight in the previous 3 years was a win over Diego, he wasn't prepared for 5 round fight and he really only has one ranked win on his record against Kevin Lee.
  • Barboza - loses to anyone who pressures him and folds see the fights vs Tony, JG, Kevin Lee
  • Michael Johnson - Very average fighter, gone 3-6 in his last 9.
  • Darrel Horcher - Who?
  • RDA - loses to anyone with pressure grappling - Tony, Usman, Colby, Khabib and I'm expecting Kevin Lee to wreck him soon as well.

McGregor was the first one to point out that Eddie had no business being in there with him.

I never got the whole eddie alvarez thing, he seemed like a nobody from the time he came to the UFC.

Eddie is a good fighter but he was tailor made for conor, which made it funny how he fucked khabib for the Conor fight and got absolutely mauled anyway.

O well the real champ finally got the title in his hands now and that's all that matters.

Means nothing

Conor is a mediocre fighter and Eddie is average at best.

Eddie should've lost to both Melendez and Pettis. He's a brawler with a glass chin, which the worst combination imaginable.

This could be the worst post in the history of Sherdog. Medicocre at best?

I've never considered Alvarez an elite fighter. He's fun to watch and all that but he's called "The Underground King" for a reason. That name pretty much means "The B-League King".

He's not a terrible fighter or anything. He's Chandler level.

I agree with alot of what you said but Alvarez beat RDA because he had the right style to do so. It wasn't lucky.

Theres a caveat: a nobody + horsemeat = a somebody. Whatever skill advantage UFC guys have can be overcame by extra size, power and cardio from guys on PEDs.

DJ was almost a victim of it too, he got caught a few times and struggled to hold a non wrestler down in any position, the guy was exploding to his feet at will. The moral of the story is if you go fight in japan, you better be on some picograms cause everyone else is. Eddie learned the hard way.

UFC fanboy spotted.

Eddie is a good fighter but he was tailor made for conor, which made it funny how he fucked khabib for the Conor fight and got absolutely mauled anyway.

O well the real champ finally got the title in his hands now and that's all that matters.
Tony was stripped

Everyone that lost to RDA and Gaethje are cans

Back