conors usual stance and fighting khabib.

Conors karate style stance will cause issues when he fights khabib...
Gassed Chad Mendes off of 12 days notice took the guy down and his wrestling is generic American style wrestling. Khabib will snatch him right up.
Lets not pretend Conor dont have a panic attack either when a GUY named Nate Diaz has your back. Wait until a Russian destroyer gets on top of this poor Irish boy who hasnt fought in the UFC for 2 years.

it would be interesting to see just what hes been doing during that time off.

i saw on instagram that hes been out running.

I think its very likely one of Khabib's opening moves is a single leg attempt to Conor's lead leg and he would be a fool not to atleast be feinting it.

conors karate style stance will cause issues when he fights khabib. having that lead leg just hanging there waiting to be latched onto will be too much of a temptation for khabib.

unlike previous fights i dont believe khabib even attempts to stand with conor. right from the opening bell hes targetting those legs.

problem is conors stance is tailor made for a fighter like khabib, how does conor plan too counteract that ?

Tippy toe Conor

x95l1.gif

I think you mean Conors lead leg hanging out there so far will be too easy for kabib to latch onto and it will be a quick night.

You're oversimplifying it. Conor's stance (his usual hopping around) isn't really an issue until/if he throws a punch (thus putting weight on his lead leg) - only then can Khabib time it and shoot for a td. Also, Conor's tdd is underrated. People use Mendes fight as an example put tend to forget about the fact that Mendes has much better striking setups, feints, level changes etc. and is much more faster/explosive than Khabib.

You're oversimplifying it. Conor's stance (his usual hopping around) isn't really an issue until/if he throws a punch (thus putting weight on his lead leg) - only then can Khabib time it and shoot for a td. Also, Conor's tdd is underrated. People use Mendes fight as an example put tend to forget about the fact that Mendes has much better striking setups, feints, level changes etc. and is much more faster/explosive than Khabib.
You must not know much about grappling if you think he has to have weight on his leg for a single leg takedown to work lol.

Back