conors usual stance and fighting khabib.

original doom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
conors karate style stance will cause issues when he fights khabib. having that lead leg just hanging there waiting to be latched onto will be too much of a temptation for khabib.

unlike previous fights i dont believe khabib even attempts to stand with conor. right from the opening bell hes targetting those legs.

problem is conors stance is tailor made for a fighter like khabib, how does conor plan too counteract that ?

Conor has a great pop-in pop-out movement.
He'll wave that leg like a tasty sausage and when Khabib dives in like an eager little doggie.
Pop!
Newspaper, right on the nose.
Then Khabiob has to spend the night in the shed like all very bad boys. Howling at the moon. Arrooooooowwwwwww.

He'll wave that leg like a tasty sausage and when Khabib dives in like an eager little doggie.
Pop!
Then Khabiob has to spend the night in the shed like all very bad boys. Howling at the moon. Arrooooooowwwwwww.
<36>

This is going to be a great fight and like all elite stand up fighters-- their takedown defense does evolve so it'll be interesting and will it be improved enough to tag khabib before the khabibby does his thing ?

Conors tdd is underated. His actual tdd is garbage.
BUT conors ability to prevent his openant from be able to shoot in is the key to winning this fight.

He will keep an arm extended to beebs shoulder beeb cannot shoot in the same way he beat chad mendes yea mendes is alot faster and took conor down like i said conors tdd isnt rated high. But the fact that when mendes closed the distance and had to strike mendes couldnt shoot in it had to be out of conors reach to do it.

Beebs technique throw high shoot low will not be effective.
On mcgreger but he will take him to the mat with out of range feint shoots.

2015-09-18-Ido-Portal-Thumbnails-Trailer-1000.jpg

Flow like water... punch and avoid takedown.

Pop!

With what? Conor's power strikes are primarily hand strikes. Level changing almost entirely eliminates that threat.

conors karate style stance will cause issues when he fights khabib. having that lead leg just hanging there waiting to be latched onto will be too much of a temptation for khabib.

unlike previous fights i dont believe khabib even attempts to stand with conor. right from the opening bell hes targetting those legs.

problem is conors stance is tailor made for a fighter like khabib, how does conor plan too counteract that ?

Some points made... <mma4> I see Khabib pressuring him forcing him to throw punches backing up and weary of tds or being cage trapped. Can Khabib be hit. Yes..! But Khabib has a awkward rhythm that makes it hard to time he doesn't require a clean td a slight limb grasp turns into a clasp then you beaten up and out of gas...

Some points made... <mma4> I see Khabib pressuring him forcing him to throw punches backing up and weary of tds or being cage trapped. Can Khabib be hit. Yes..! But Khabib has a awkward rhythm that makes it hard to time he doesn't require a clean td a slight limb grasp turns into a clasp then you beaten up and out of gas...
I don't see Khabib taking the treat. I agree, if he gets TD's it will be via the clinch, just as 99% of his takedowns come. He does not have the explosive blast double that Chad did, so I find the stance a moot point; nevermind the fact that Conor fought like a possessed care free mad man, throwing kicks, flying knees and was not yet humbled by Nate. The difference in fighting styles from Conor pre and post 196 is as about as great as I've seen. Cautious Conor is a different fighter, and Khabib is a guy you can not get reckless with.

Conors karate style stance will cause issues when he fights khabib...
Gassed Chad Mendes off of 12 days notice took the guy down and his wrestling is generic American style wrestling. Khabib will snatch him right up.
Lets not pretend Conor dont have a panic attack either when a GUY named Nate Diaz has your back. Wait until a Russian destroyer gets on top of this poor Irish boy who hasnt fought in the UFC for 2 years.

I don't see Khabib taking the treat. I agree, if he gets TD's it will be via the clinch, just as 99% of his takedowns come. He does not have the explosive blast double that Chad did, so I find the stance a moot point; nevermind the fact that Conor fought like a possessed care free mad man, throwing kicks, flying knees and was not yet humbled by Nate. The difference in fighting styles from Conor pre and post 196 is as about as great as I've seen. Cautious Conor is a different fighter, and Khabib is a guy you can not get reckless with.

While Conor is trying to be cautious I really don't see Khabib laying back waiting on him he won't be pulling no Tyron (you still my boy Wood just making a point). I'm not even concentrated too much on Conor's stance Khabib has enough technique to close distance & get tight control...

Hes dangerously accurate , but if he wants to commit to punches he better hope they finish because any small ipening could spell trouble for him

Back