**Conor's "sluggish" sparring analysis - did training to box Floyd ruin his natural instincts?**

He is slower and more conservative with his strikes after moving up to 155 and fighting championship fights. When your heavier you gas quicker and when you have to fight 5 rounds your output goes down. It’s not rocket science.

On page 5 so its not even a comment but everyone here is stupid
you dont spar how you fight
you dont always spar the same
when the camera is on its rarely your best work
he cant always be in the matrix
he would have no one to train with if he went try hard every round
99% of you have never been to a gym

I mean, I don't know the details of this vid but he looks like shit.

Coke, alcohol, paternity cases, rape allegations, death threats from mobsters and taking care of your entire family will cause a man to eventually crack.

Getting punched while knowing you have a stupid, ridiculous amount of money in the bank is also not helping.

Conor posted this sparring footage with the caption for his fans to watch it because he was teaching them something, or something to that effect. Obviously he thought it was good.

He looks a lot like how he was fighting against Khabib in this footage.

Conor posted this sparring footage with the caption for his fans to watch it because he was teaching them something, or something to that effect. Obviously he thought it was good.

He looks a lot like how he was fighting against Khabib in this footage.
Again, what they posted is usually not their best work. I'll agree with how he looks and all that, not popping around and looking like a guy trying to counter with a hard, planted shot.

but maybe thats just what he is working on and posted it because he liked it, that doesnt make it his best or most shining moment

Again, what they posted is usually not their best work. I'll agree with how he looks and all that, not popping around and looking like a guy trying to counter with a hard, planted shot.

but maybe thats just what he is working on and posted it because he liked it, that doesnt make it his best or most shining moment
This is a compilation of his training footage pre Khabib. Notice again the same plodding style. This is all we've seen from him since the Eddie fight.

This is a compilation of his training footage pre Khabib. Notice again the same plodding style. This is all we've seen from him since the Eddie fight.

he fought Eddie in November 2016
Thats 16 seconds and I actually see him being very reactive and smooth so..... I think you are lost

It's simply Khabib is a different animal than Eddie. Eddie is a midget high school wrestler that is ok at Everything and excels at nothing. His only impressive win was RDA. Every other win was a boring hugging split decision. The Gaethje win is another good one.

Everyone looks off against Khabib.
Why are you hating on Eddie? Typical entitled couchpotato

Lol some retard who has never trained a day in his life criticising one of the best strikers in mma.
Good lord
1) I've trained for 15 years
2) Conor was a great striker
3) How did his striking look in his last fight?

"The Secret" set Conor up to be broken. First it gave him false confidence and made him believe and revel in being above others. He bought this totally and GLORIED in it and talked trash to everyone from that place.

Then he started losing and finding out that "The Secret" is bullshit. By the time he found out it was bullshit and he was an ordinary human being like everyone else it was too late because his mouth had written a check his reality could not cash. Millions of fans bought the hype and expected the impossible from him.

He is now in a place where he has no confidence in himself, is not excited about any of it AND still has to somehow try to live up the hype he created but cannot. This is a terrible place to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude...he has always been one dimensional. Everyone with eyes and a half of a brain knows this. His fans pretend that he was great but now he’s lost it, because they were blind and now they’re starting to see...

HE WAS NEVER GREAT AT MMA!!!!

He’s a talented athlete, and a very good striker with good power.

That’s all he’s ever been, and that’s what he is now, and that’s not enough for staying power in MMA these days.
You’re a spastic.

don't call me stupid, fuckboi.

Dude...he has always been one dimensional. Everyone with eyes and a half of a brain knows this. His fans pretend that he was great but now he’s lost it, because they were blind and now they’re starting to see...

HE WAS NEVER GREAT AT MMA!!!!

He’s a talented athlete, and a very good striker with good power.

That’s all he’s ever been, and that’s what he is now, and that’s not enough for staying power in MMA these days.

Posters like this should be banned.

He was never great at MMA? He is the highest paid MMA athlete ever.
He beat a guy that was undefeated for how long? He beat Mendes who everyone said was a nightmare matchup. He then beat the 155lbs champ, a wrestler, to prove the 2 weeks notice win wasn't a fluke. I'm not even a fan, but you're simply a muppet.

I think way too much emphasis has been put on Conor's "alleged" lifestyle. Jon Jones and Tyson fought coked up and they were\are in a league of their own.

What I'm observing here, is that Conor is not showing a poor version of his old fighting style, he is showing us a new fighting style entirely.

Tyson wasn't in a league of his own when he was partying.

Tyson was considered past his best by his mid 20's.

Back