**Conor's "sluggish" sparring analysis - did training to box Floyd ruin his natural instincts?**

When Conor loses, he then takes what they did to beat him and adds it in. That can be good some time but it can work against you if you lose what makes you special. The Diaz fight taught him some good, that you need better cardio, need to be more economical but there is nothing to learn from Floyd other than boxing is a different sport. Doing hands up shit in MMA is what Eddie did, it was the style that Conor was able to piece up and it does not work for someone like Conor. He looked like ass for Khabib and in the pre workouts. He is just too old, too rich, too much booze - he is done at the top level.

He looks smaller and it seems that he's had gyno surgery:

It's quite clear what has happened.

Nothing to do with training boxing, as that should have improved his footwork and overall boxing ability. Everything to do with being terrified of gassing again, which is (in large part) caused by the terrible habits he’s been cultivating through his entire career.

Nothing to do with training boxing, as that should have improved his footwork and overall boxing ability. Everything to do with being terrified of gassing again, which is (in large part) caused by the terrible habits he’s been cultivating through his entire career.
His gastank definitley has been a thorn in his side. But, how would changing his stance really help that?

Its almost like his quick muscle fibres are gone
Oh look a pro fighter agrees with my analysis.

The mods are telling me that my breakdown is flaming and trolling Conor and I got double yellow cards for it.

This forum is becoming a Conor safe space.

The funny part is I'm actually a fan.

@Kung Fu Tze

over-hyped.. cocaine and partying. the guy just isn't a competitor like many of the other champs

He's been having the same style since the nate fight. Guys don't move the same when they put on a bunch of weight. I can't remember when rumble last threw a headkick.

Not when he looked the same against Khabib.

Actually even in pre Khabib training he was looking like this

I really feel like he has lost the plot.

no he didnt, again..... this is light sparring. He was sparring someone he isnt familiar with so it was more of a flow spar. Nothing to analyse other than Conor just moving around with another person.

I'm not a Conor fan... but even I get a chuckle when the haters barge in and mention that he's finished after getting dominated by an undefeated monster. Make no mistake about it... if the Conor that fought Aldo & Alvarez is still alive... Cowboy is getting Slept with ease! He'll probably never beat Khabib... but please... Conor can still knock everybody else out in the division if the 2016 version of himself is still alive

Eddie fought the dumbest way ever. Tony would walk right thru Conor and pressure him. Dustin has more tools now and is physically stronger. Al beats Conors ass. Maybe Lee, too.

I think way too much emphasis has been put on Conor's "alleged" lifestyle. Jon Jones and Tyson fought coked up and they were\are in a league of their own.

What I'm observing here, is that Conor is not showing a poor version of his old fighting style, he is showing us a new fighting style entirely.

Tyson had a short prime....

Conor moved around more in the 13 seconds of the Aldo fight,that he did through the whole Khabib fight.

He seems to be trying to walk people down nowadays,without any in and out movement or willingness to set up traps.Not reminiscent at all of the fighter that once uttered "Precision beats power,and timing beats speed".
And as @Frode Falch pointed out,he moves as if he's lost all his type 2 muscle fibers.Khabib was never in any danger during the stand up exchanges;even the shots that landed seemed to be labored and ineffective.

https://forums.sherdog.com/members/frode-falch.58731/

Conor moved around more in the 13 seconds of the Aldo fight,that he did through the whole Khabib fight.

He seems to be trying to walk people down nowadays,without any in and out movement or willingness to set up traps.Not reminiscent at all of the fighter that once uttered "Precision beats power,and timing beats speed".
And as @Frode Falch pointed out,he moves as if he's lost all his type 2 muscle fibers.Khabib was never in any danger during the stand up exchanges;even the shots that landed seemed to be labored and ineffective.
Maybe that's because he wasn't facing a wrestler with a TD threat.

This "analysis" is stupid. Just Conor trying out new things.

He's been having the same style since the nate fight. Guys don't move the same when they put on a bunch of weight. I can't remember when rumble last threw a headkick.

Rumble landed a headkick on DC in his last fight that broke his nose. Anyway Conor definitely does not move the same these days.

I see a much shorter opponent squaring himself up and leaning into the most obvious lead right I have ever seen. To call it amateurish would be an insult to amateurs. Conor is a great boxer, but how easy did Eddie make it for him here? I mean that was bad.
Eddie shit the bed in that fight. No disrespect to Conor, he got the job done.

Rumble landed a headkick on DC in his last fight that broke his nose. Anyway Conor definitely does not move the same these days.
Caught him in the first fight too. Not really shocking that Jones caught him flush.
Rumble-DC-3.gif

Back