**Conor's "sluggish" sparring analysis - did training to box Floyd ruin his natural instincts?**

Exactly mate, and I used to love the guy!

But he’s been a complete down, it’s delusion thinking he’s anything other than a complete shambles at this point. He’s a total waste of space and is on a path of destruction that’s gonna end badly for him.

I knew it was over for him when he jumped in the cage at Bellator.

I agree bud.

The Mayweather fight ruined him. Too much fame and money so soon!

He might try and catch the old fire, but unfortunately the real world does not resemble a Rocky film.

He might win a fight or two, but the days of being a phenom is long past!

I think way too much emphasis has been put on Conor's "alleged" lifestyle. Jon Jones and Tyson fought coked up and they were\are in a league of their own.

What I'm observing here, is that Conor is not showing a poor version of his old fighting style, he is showing us a new fighting style entirely.

Tyson also had a short "prime" even tho Jones still looks good he doesn't look the way he used to. This is my opinion of course .

This is only light sparring as prefaced by the video, but Conor has looked very different since Eddie and it has nothing to do with his prime. His style seems to have fundamentally changed into a traditional, plodding, hunched over western style which could be attributed to the muscle memory learned from training for Floyd.

How about not fighting as an alternative explanation?
What about whippits and cocaine?

Shitty whiskey, perhaps?

I got it, I got it... fighting guys who weren't handpicked might've done it.

It's the same Conor. Just he looks better vs smaller opponents.

Conor got his start in the boxing gym. It looks to me like he's trying to improve fighting on the inside. The only time he's struggled striking is when guys like Mayweather and Nate got into his chest. Focusing on shorter punches and timing those knees will make him a better fighter.

I think Conor realized that the karate and the flashy kicks have their place but he can't build his entire style around it because some guys aren't going to let him control the pace.

Goatweather wrecked him.

Goatweather was the original matrix, You have to watch him in slow motion to even realise just how good he was.

giphy.gif

I hate McGregor and I saw nothing wrong with his sparring. How many of you 'analysts' are cheeto-fingers who've never trained?

I hate McGregor and I saw nothing wrong with his sparring. How many of you 'analysts' are cheeto-fingers who've never trained?
Shut your mouth kid
Us Shetdoggers are 6”6 280lbs ripped and entirely African. We are also black belts in “UFC”

It's like posting Cain's knee training gif, it's just small portion of his training.

Conor also baited the right hand. I don't think you're giving enough credit.

He is a southpaw with a great pull counter left hand. Eddie should have never had that punch in his arsenal period. He is too short and has short arms. It looked like desperation to me.

I'm a Conor fan but he looks slow. It could be drugs, alcohol, or maybe he just doesn't have the drive anymore. It's really sad tbh, he could've been an all time great if he wasn't so messed up.

He didn't do anything different in the build up to the Mayweather fight, though. He stuck with his MMA trainers instead of bringing a proper boxing coach in.

Best believe Conor will fight Floyd and Pacman in boxing before it's all said and done.

I see a much shorter opponent squaring himself up and leaning into the most obvious lead right I have ever seen. To call it amateurish would be an insult to amateurs. Conor is a great boxer, but how easy did Eddie make it for him here? I mean that was bad.

He's an orthodox, short, wrestle-boxer with cookie-cutter footwork and entries. A long-range southpaw counterstriker will always demolish them. Isn't Eddie's reach only like 69"? Why the fuck did so many people on Sherdog predict him to beat Conor?

It's simply Khabib is a different animal than Eddie. Eddie is a midget high school wrestler that is ok at Everything and excels at nothing. His only impressive win was RDA. Every other win was a boring hugging split decision. The Gaethje win is another good one.

Everyone looks off against Khabib.
This is the correct answer. I'm sure he'd look great against some other fighters

It's simply Khabib is a different animal than Eddie. Eddie is a midget high school wrestler that is ok at Everything and excels at nothing. His only impressive win was RDA. Every other win was a boring hugging split decision. The Gaethje win is another good one.

Everyone looks off against Khabib.
Eddie Alvarez is one of the most exciting fighters in LW history. To be fair though, a lot of his exciting fights were probably before your parents let you watch the UFC.

I agree bud.

The Mayweather fight ruined him. Too much fame and money so soon!

He might try and catch the old fire, but unfortunately the real world does not resemble a Rocky film.

He might win a fight or two, but the days of being a phenom is long past!

His best time to fight Khabib was in 2017. He doesn't carry the same aura anymore, it was apparant in his first press conference back in September.

His best time to fight Khabib was in 2017. He doesn't carry the same aura anymore, it was apparant in his first press conference back in September.

I would like to see Conor at his best.

No matter my personal thoughts, he was a great fighter.

Conor that beat Eddie beats everyone at 155 bar Khabib imo.

Back