**Conor's "sluggish" sparring analysis - did training to box Floyd ruin his natural instincts?**

Not when he looked the same against Khabib.

Actually even in pre Khabib training he was looking like this

I really feel like he has lost the plot.

Its almost like his quick muscle fibres are gone

karate kung fu shit only works for a while.

Machida and rockhold are examples.

I've been saying this a while.. Once the footwork and timing has been clocked, they've been worked out and have very little to fall back on.

The Conor that demolished Eddie was a thing to behold.
bTBuWWC.gif

He was never that good. Ok striker and everything but he was carried to the top.

The Conor that demolished Eddie was a thing to behold.
bTBuWWC.gif

I see a much shorter opponent squaring himself up and leaning into the most obvious lead right I have ever seen. To call it amateurish would be an insult to amateurs. Conor is a great boxer, but how easy did Eddie make it for him here? I mean that was bad.

Dude...he has always been one dimensional. Everyone with eyes and a half of a brain knows this. His fans pretend that he was great but now he’s lost it, because they were blind and now they’re starting to see...

HE WAS NEVER GREAT AT MMA!!!!

He’s a talented athlete, and a very good striker with good power.

That’s all he’s ever been, and that’s what he is now, and that’s not enough for staying power in MMA these days.

Could be his knee injuries or could be due to fighting at a higher weight he isn't used to

This is only light sparring as prefaced by the video, but Conor has looked very different since Eddie and it has nothing to do with his prime. His style seems to have fundamentally changed into a traditional, plodding, hunched over western style which could be attributed to the muscle memory learned from training for Floyd.

It's his grappling training. Bigger legs, more planted, bigger body. He tripped himself over with his grappling training.

Mcgregor know what he does, probably here he is trying to use a more traditional approach to boxing, anyway nothing to overthink on, just rubbish things.
If he wants win against kabib he has just to stop his takedowns and fuck him up with rough combinations, this would work for sure.

It's his grappling training. Bigger legs, more planted, bigger body. He tripped himself over with his grappling training.
I agree with you that preparing for Khabib changed his striking style, but I do not agree with your implication that this change is for the worse. The more Conor prepares himself to fight strong wrestlers, the less one-dimensional he'll be.

He’s an alcoholic and cokehead who doesn’t train properly any more or look after himself. That is why he is now trash.

Who knows? I never thought about it deeply but most certainly Vs Eddie seemed to be the pinnacle of conors skill.
I can't see how taking the amount of time in between fights he takes and abandons MMA all together to train just boxing could help his MMA career especially against the elite such as khabib tony etc. These guys require a full mma game to compete with

You know, I honestly wondered the same

In the Khabib fight Conor would try to roll the punches and was a lot more stationary only to get clinched

I think we need bouncey Conor back

I see a much shorter opponent squaring himself up and leaning into the most obvious lead right I have ever seen. To call it amateurish would be an insult to amateurs. Conor is a great boxer, but how easy did Eddie make it for him here? I mean that was bad.

Conor also baited the right hand. I don't think you're giving enough credit.

He’s an alcoholic and cokehead who doesn’t train properly any more or look after himself. That is why he is now trash.

why do his fans cling on to the hope he will come back better than ever lol

He's Ricky hatton version 2!

Like you say, he has wasted his prime from inactivity, alcohol and being a drug addict.

Also riding around with sluts hasn't helped him much either.

He will never hold an undisputed title again!

I like that analysis!! Think he is trying new styles of stand up and just experimenting here tho.. it’s not like an actual fight just sparring in the gym.

Here was my first reaction

why do his fans cling on to the hope he will come back better than ever lol

He's Ricky hatton version 2!

Like you say, he has wasted his prime from inactivity, alcohol and being a drug addict.

Also riding around with sluts hasn't helped him much either.

He will never hold an undisputed title again!

Exactly mate, and I used to love the guy!

But he’s been a complete down, it’s delusion thinking he’s anything other than a complete shambles at this point. He’s a total waste of space and is on a path of destruction that’s gonna end badly for him.

I knew it was over for him when he jumped in the cage at Bellator.

Back