Conors performance against Khabib was respectable but was it good enough for a rematch?

Yeah the fight was super close when Khabib let Conor do what he does best. Plus his foot was a balloon and he was hungover and wasted at the same time during the fight because he was murdering everyone in the gym on the rare occasion he decided to show up. Also he banked the rematch would make more money so it’d didn’t matter who won the first because ‘anyone can win once’ so it’s only the rematch that hold values.

oh and Dee wasn’t putting out because of these silly allegations so he wasn’t even getting his nut. He was anxious during the stare down because he had double booked himself, he had a party to attend to so he wanted to get out soon as possible. Even if it meant getting his chin held tightly and not really being a legit sub

Lets face it, he tried stalling Khabib most of the fight and got pummeled on the ground. Got dropped once too. If that fight had no rounds and stand-up rules, Conor would have been down there the entire time. It would have been a complete bore-fest.

It would have been interesting to see what Conors strategy without the stand-up rules for each new round.. There's no way he would get so close and be that careless.
Well I think the main thing that might drive a rematch is that after a two year layoff

We dont really know if that was Conor at his best.

I dont think we seen the same Conor against Khabib that we did against Eddie and yes that is largely due to Khabib and his style as well.

That said, we dont know as of yet if Conor will ever be at his best again. Post Floyd his peak may well have come and gone. It has been shown countless times throughout history that money changes an athlete. After you've reached the top of the mountain, it's hard to compete with the same fire that allowed you to get there.

His next fight(s) are his opportunity to prove the world wrong again.

In terms of what we seen in the actual fight, he did stuff Khabib 4 times in the 3rd round. Landed some shots and won the round. If were looking at a rematch, theres definitely some take aways to work from and improve upon.

Khabib could hypothetically beat Conor 10 times in a row and you still cant really count him out. He has more of a chance to put you down than nearly anyone in the division (at his best)

Doesn't matter really, they all want the rematch so the rematch will happen, anyone who thinks Khabib's talk is anything other than posturing and public negotiation is kidding themselves.

Last edited:
No, he should be in the back of the line
I dont think so. Beyond Justin and Tony and maybe at a stretch Lee who else would go before Conor?

I mean in a world where the most recent fighters are Al and Dustin? Porier who did worse than Conor even.

I really struggle to see who is ahead of Conor but Justin, since Tony is already got his shot coming up.

Lets face it, he tried stalling Khabib most of the fight and got pummeled on the ground. Got dropped once too. If that fight had no rounds and stand-up rules, Conor would have been down there the entire time. It would have been a complete bore-fest.

It would have been interesting to see what Conors strategy without the stand-up rules for each new round.. There's no way he would get so close and be that careless.
Yes however downward elbows are illegal which greatly favour grapplers like ,khabib. Imo Connor did very well in the first before being pummelled in the second. He also won a round. I can see him doing better in the second with a few improvements to his ground game. I see connor improving but khabib not so much. tony has the best shot at beating khabib followed by conrad and gaedthe.

No. His performance was not good enough for a rematch. He should need to earn his way back. A win over Cowboy should not suffice.

Does anyone seriously think khabib beats Ferg. Khabib has made a career out of beating bloated featherweights. He even struggled with al. Ferg will get taken down but will expose Khabib in rounds 3-5 no doubt.

He tapped against Diaz too
Are you seriously saying that he earned a title rematch against Khabib by winning one uneventful round of a fight that wasn't even close and in which he was decisively finished?

Are you seriously saying that he earned a title rematch against Khabib by winning one uneventful round of a fight that wasn't even close and in which he was decisively finished?

I don't think Khabib did much in the first round.

There are tons of examples of fighters that got their asses kicked and came back to win rematches. How many of you have been watching the sport for longer than say 12 months?

He needs this victory. And probably one more. But he can win a rematch. Tons of examples in the history of the sport are out there of fighters losing badly, and coming back to win. Much worse than he lost. Chuck Got absolutely murdered by Randy the first time they fought. He knocked him unconscious in 2 rematches..

NO (this site needs a bigger font option)!

Back