Conor's perfectly straight and lightning quick left - No getting out of it's way

Nate Diaz 209 Stockton motherfuckers:

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

Sure there's a tell it can be released at any moments notice the left is always cocked against his chest under his chin and his foot positioning ready to twist into the strike. I have no idea why more fighters aren't eating that fat open lead leg with chop kicks, even light ones to disrupt his rhythm to counter or strike...
he's fighting orthodox manlets and his reach is longer than their kicks. Note what happens when he faced his first tall southpaw.

The proper way to punch. No fluff pure efficency, fuck the loopy shit. Spinning shit now? Fuhgedabbadit.

It absolutely answers the question. Throwing leg kicks puts you right in the range of getting punched in the face. You think all these fighters haven't thought of it yet?

I've seen that same leg kicked out to positive results more fighters aren't doing it of fear of what you're saying than just doing it and being guard ready for that counter, if it comes.

Conor to me, is a lot like Jones. They're are both physical geniuses. They both know exactly how to utilize their bodies to its maximum speed, reach, and potential. They both have great chins but have shown weakness to fighters with similar physical characteristics who have grit. I don't think they are the technical geniuses that people make them out to be though.

I've seen that same leg kicked out to positive results more fighters aren't doing it of fear of what you're saying than just doing it and being guard ready for that counter, if it comes.
Obviously, it's a good strategy and people have tried it. McGregor is that good though. He's also secretly really good at checking kicks.

Obviously, it's a good strategy and people have tried it. McGregor is that good though. He's also secretly really good at checking kicks.

Came here to say that. Most of the time when I see him check a kick he tries to do it with his knee. That can jack up your leg and make you not want to leg kick anymore.

Conor to me, is a lot like Jones. They're are both physical geniuses. They both know exactly how to utilize their bodies to its maximum speed, reach, and potential. They both have great chins but have shown weakness to fighters with similar physical characteristics who have grit. I don't think they are the technical geniuses that people make them out to be though.

oG6QJ_s-200x150.gif

At first I was naw, then I was like yeah maybe..?

It absolutely answers the question. Throwing leg kicks puts you right in the range of getting punched in the face. You think all these fighters haven't thought of it yet?

No it doesn't if you trained to take out that leg, you know his fave set up stance to fire out that straight piston left, angle away from the left and into that chop kick to the leg. A move you bait him 2 or 3x if you can just to make him think it's coming. I know easier said than done from behind my keyboard, but I've bled before so I can talk sh!t.

No it doesn't if you trained to take out that leg, you know his fave set up stance to fire out that straight piston left, angle away from the left and into that chop kick to the leg. A move you bait him 2 or 3x if you can just to make him think it's coming. I know easier said than done from behind my keyboard, but I've bled before so I can talk sh!t.
There aren't many fighters with the feints or the footwork to bait McGregor. Most of these have been training Muay Thai their whole life. Muay Thai is extremely limited against somebody who can actually box. They don't have the footwork or head movement.

It's not like McGregor can't lead with the right. Ask Max Holloway about that.

Yeah, Dennis Siver of all people hit Connor with a nice leg kick which crumbled Connors base and made him fall down. If a fighter could even land half decent ones they would really upset Mcgregors game. Which is why the aldo fight needs to happen so they can actually fight for longer than 13 seconds

Much agreed I think Conor is susceptible to leg kicks especially to guys who can execute kicks ala Aldo, RDA, Barboza. Truth is you don't even have to be that proficient just practiced to hit that kick once or twice a round get him to shorten his stance & flinch @kicks.

Sure there's a tell it can be released at any moments notice the left is always cocked against his chest under his chin and his foot positioning ready to twist into the strike. I have no idea why more fighters aren't eating that fat open lead leg with chop kicks, even light ones to disrupt his rhythm to counter or strike...
It's not always cocked though watch how he used it in the alverez fight . He brought it out slowly like he was just probing with it and than explodes

Much agreed I think Conor is susceptible to leg kicks especially to guys who can execute kicks ala Aldo, RDA, Barboza. Truth is you don't even have to be that proficient just practiced to hit that kick once or twice a round get him to shorten his stance & flinch @kicks.
Hes definetly open to leg kicks but everybody knows that but haven't been able to implement that game plan. Also the best counter to a leg kick is ............ a straight left boom!

It's not always cocked though watch how he used it in the alverez fight . He brought it out slowly like he was just probing with it and than explodes

I can't judge that ^^^^ that fight Conor was just toying with Alvarez is comfort zone was maximum 10, 1:10 into rd1 putting his hands behind his back "Guess where it's coming from Eddie" "BANG" WRONG! In more conventional fights where he's actually concerned his stance & style are a little easier to gauge.

Back