Conor's next fight will be (?)

Should be the 3rd diaz fight. If khabib gets by ferguson (tough fight but i think khabibwins) then dana could justify giving the winner of mcgregor diaz 3 the next title shot based off selling potential.

Winning is not everything though. Dustin is nothing like Khabib - not in caliber and not even in style. Having an opponent who can wrestle would go a long way in reanimating the hype.

Plus Conor has KOed him already, which makes the fight seem insignificant and undermines Dustin's credibility as an opponent.
Which is why Conor and the UFC should set the fight up why kill off the cash cow set up Conor with a favorable matchup make money... get Conor back in the win column and hype him up again for a fight vs tony and Khabib winner and make even more money off of that... it’s pretty simple business plan there... if Conor losses again he’s pretty much done as your superstar so why waste him

The Irish judicial system, he's about to get #MeToo'd is what it looks like.

Which is why Conor and the UFC should set the fight up why kill off the cash cow set up Conor with a favorable matchup make money... get Conor back in the win column and hype him up again for a fight vs tony and Khabib winner and make even more money off of that... it’s pretty simple business plan there... if Conor losses again he’s pretty much done as your superstar so why waste him

Lee is a very winnable fight though, and could propel him directly into a rematch. Fighting some sort of confidence-builder seems like a wasteful detour and not really how Conor normally operates. I mean, I wouldn't be absolutely shocked if it was Dustin, I would just expect both Conor and Dana to go harder after that Khabib fight.

Nate 3, because he probably beats Nate and he needs a win.

It will be the Nate trilogy fight for sure

Looks like Al is pushing for it. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets it. If Khabib is out for a while, do Tony vs Poirier and Conor vs Al. If the suspension is not long, Tony should wait for his shot and the UFC can rebook Poirier-Diaz and book Conor-Al.

If Conor is smart, his next fight is against Max Holloway at 145.

With a little dedication he can make 145, and Max would take that fight.

There was talk of Poirier, but as far as I know, that has fizzled out and I haven't heard anything new.

So I was just thinking about this from Dana's perspective. What I expect his criteria to be:

1 - needs to propel Conor into title shot asap
2 - should be winnable for him

3 - should be against and opponent that rebuilds Conor's image/generates genuine belief and anticipation for the rematch

This third on is much less important than the first two, but still, could be critical in the matchmaking.

Who in the LW top 10 has a game that is most similar to Khabib's, and would therefore be the perfect opponent?

Kevin-Lee-UFC-211-backstage.jpg

Now personally, I don't endorse this at all. Conor should have to go through Al or Tony before getting to Khabib ...at the very least. I just think that this is the fight that would satisfy all of the criteria, as well as Conor himself.

Is this the obvious choice or am I missing something?
I'm guessing his next battle is against irrelevancy.

<<There was talk of Poirier>>

no way Conor agrees to run back any of his victories
they're not "money" fights and only risk diminishing his increasingly thin looking
list of accomplishments

Last edited:
Conor is coming off a title shot and is pretty much a non-factor in the UFC right now as far as meaningful fights go. Dana and Conor BOTH want to milk as much $$$ from the Circus as they can so why not make a boxing match with Paulie? Boxing is where the money is, and Paulie wants a shot at McG after Mcg's camp doing him dirty. Sounds like Win-Win to me. Book it.

Conor's next fight is:

Against dropping the soap if certain rumors are true.

There was talk of Poirier, but as far as I know, that has fizzled out and I haven't heard anything new.

So I was just thinking about this from Dana's perspective. What I expect his criteria to be:

1 - needs to propel Conor into title shot asap
2 - should be winnable for him

3 - should be against and opponent that rebuilds Conor's image/generates genuine belief and anticipation for the rematch

This third on is much less important than the first two, but still, could be critical in the matchmaking.

Who in the LW top 10 has a game that is most similar to Khabib's, and would therefore be the perfect opponent?

Kevin-Lee-UFC-211-backstage.jpg

Now personally, I don't endorse this at all. Conor should have to go through Al or Tony before getting to Khabib ...at the very least. I just think that this is the fight that would satisfy all of the criteria, as well as Conor himself.

Is this the obvious choice or am I missing something?
Kevin Lee is moving to 170.

Back