Conor's new opponent is...

MMAAAM

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Seems like you boys are gonna get what you want...

Someone tell Nick to keep that white towel handy.

He's gonna need it.

NATE-TKO.gif

helwanitoss.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. I'd rather just see Conor fight Khabib. It's a winnable fight for Conor since Khabib's been out for so long, may not be the same due to ACL repair (he relies on his grappling, magnifying this) and most of the takedowns that Khabib does get are from the clinch or in clinch range. Khabib's striking is also nowhere near Conor's and he gets reckless with it, leaping in with punches to close the gap.

Conor beating Khabib would shut up some of the haters at least. Of course they'd make excuses and name the first two things I mentioned but that will never change one way or another.

Surprise surprise.

10 days to attract attention from non-UFC fans to this fight. Sensible choice is to go for a loose cannon that'll be shouting about how he'll murder McGregor 5 minutes into the first press conference, only for him to then go and get KO'd in the Octagon within two minutes of the first round - "woo, this McGregor kid is the real deal" is what the neutrals will say.

Damn. I'd rather just see Conor fight Khabib. It's a winnable fight for Conor since Khabib's been out for so long, may not be the same due to ACL repair (he relies on his grappling, magnifying this) and most of the takedowns that Khabib does get are from the clinch or in clinch range. Khabib's striking is also nowhere near Conor's and he gets reckless with it, leaping in with punches to close the gap.

Conor beating Khabib would shut up some of the haters at least
. Of course they'd make excuses and name the first two things I mentioned but that will never change one way or another.

Don't count on that. They'll claim he's ducking Frankie. After he defeats Frankie, they'll claim he's ducking Robbie Lawler. And so forth.

Surprise surprise.

10 days to attract attention from non-UFC fans to this fight. Sensible choice is to go for a loose cannon that'll be shouting about how he'll murder McGregor within 5 minutes of the first press conference, only for him to then go and get KO'd within two minutes of the first round - "woo, this McGregor kid is the real deal" is what the neutrals will say.
The neutrals? Is that a step below the casuals?

i Dislike both of these fighters but i would rather another fighter dethroning Conor so i
Guess for the first time I'm going for Conor to win

Nate would dominate the ground game with his BJJ, but I doubt it will get there, Nate will probably stand with him willingly.

Can't see that going well for Nate. Nate is mostly a boxer, and Conor has some pretty flashy and effective kicks that will make it hard for Nate to get into boxing range.

My guess is Nate gets lit up by kicks and finished off with punches.

With the way Conor goes for the finish I can't see this fight going the distance, and can't seeing Nate knocking out Conor with high volume low power punching.

Nate probably goes down in round 2-3

I'm more psyched for the shit talking that's gonna go down. Gonna be interesting to see what angle Conor takes to get into Nate's head, and how hard Nate goes with his shit-talk or if he doesn't talk too much.

Last edited:
Nate will be a punching bag for Conor.

Not sure why people are thinking that Nate is anything other than a disastrous matchup for Conor.

How does Conor beat nate? his counter striking style won't work against a boxer who's 4 inches taller than him--especially one that fights tall like nate does.

Only fight that worries me is Ferguson. I think Ferguson would beat Conor.

nate needs the payday UFC has him on a bum contract when he's worth way more than 40k/40k

edit: motivated diaz could be deadly

Nate will get destroyed but at least it'll be entertaining and he will last a lot longer than any of the other names tossed in the hat

The true pity is that we got robbed of all the psychological warfare games leading up to the fight between these two men.

I seriously don't see this happening, but what if Diaz BEATS Conor? Would the whole MMA world explode?

Back