Conor's lighweight fights.

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Diaz... I know a lot of people here praise this guy and tell me that I should not be looking at the record which does not tell the whole history... That's bullcrap. Record is everything like it or not. The guy kinds of sucks (by record) and that's it. Anyway he lost against him (lightweight fight).

Alvarez... I will rate him in the UFC and in the UFC he had only a good win against Dos Anjos and that was a wild unexpected punch (nobody expected him to win). He looked horrible against Pettis, he clearly lost against Melendez and Cerrone made him look like an amateur.

Overall Conor's notable wins are:

Aldo, and I know some idiots think that was lucky I don't think so, that was impressive, styles make fights and Conor was also the bigger man.

Max but let's be honest Max was not the same fighter and his wrestling sucked so bad at that time that even Conor was able to control him on the ground.

Mendes was 2 weeks notice and only won after Mendes was completely tired.

Diaz... I know a lot of people here praise this guy and tell me that I should not be looking at the record which does not tell the whole history... That's bullcrap. Record is everything like it or not. The guy kinds of sucks (by record) and that's it. .
<DisgustingHHH>

Aldo is an amazing win

Mendes/Poirier/Alvarez are all great wins

Holloway is a good win, but he's a completely different fighter these days so it's hard to rate him as an Elite win.
Diaz is just a good win too, the guy became so overrated after he beat Conor

Diaz... I know a lot of people here praise this guy and tell me that I should not be looking at the record which does not tell the whole history... That's bullcrap. Record is everything like it or not. The guy kinds of sucks (by record) and that's it. Anyway he lost against him (lightweight fight).

Alvarez... I will rate him in the UFC and in the UFC he had only a good win against Dos Anjos and that was a wild unexpected punch (nobody expected him to win). He looked horrible against Pettis, he clearly lost against Melendez and Cerrone made him look like an amateur.

Overall Conor's notable wins are:

Aldo, and I know some idiots think that was lucky I don't think so, that was impressive, styles make fights and Conor was also the bigger man.

Max but let's be honest Max was not the same fighter and his wrestling sucked so bad at that time that even Conor was able to control him on the ground.

Mendes was 2 weeks notice and only won after Mendes was completely tired.

Nate's record sucks? He's fought his entire career at LW, and roughly at the top of it. I'd venture to say most guys wouldn't be doing much better. He's also a big LW that most certainly benefits from not having to cut weight, aka two fights at WW against a FW.

Alvarez, you will rate him by only what you want to rate him by? lmao. Alvarez is one of the top 5 LWs of all time as of now. All of his fights were at the very top of the division. You complain when he knocks a guy out, and complain when he wins by decision. What exactly do you want him to do?

Conor has beaten two legitimate LWs, three if you're counting the 4th ranked LW, Poirer. I'm not even getting into the FW garbage.

Nate's record sucks? He's fought his entire career at LW, and roughly at the top of it. I'd venture to say most guys wouldn't be doing much better. He's also a big LW that most certainly benefits from not having to cut weight, aka two fights at WW against a FW.

Alvarez, you will rate him by only what you want to rate him by? lmao. Alvarez is one of the top 5 LWs of all time as of now. All of his fights were at the very top of the division. You complain when he knocks a guy out, and complain when he wins by decision. What exactly do you want him to do?

Conor has beaten two legitimate LWs, three if you're counting the 4th ranked LW, Poirer. I'm not even getting into the FW garbage.

Yes 19-11 kind of sucks in my opinion (sorry to have high expectations) and I'm sure I'm not the only one to believe this.

Alvarez win was GOOD, but was not a wild punch? Conor's was a not a wild/luck punch (against Aldo) bur rather an smart counterattack, you see the difference? Other than his win against RDA, the rest of his fights are not close to good.

Sorry he beat Diaz at welterweight which doesn't translate to a win in lightweight. So therefore only one win at lightweight. Poirer at LW is a completely different fighter.

Back