Conor's knee injury

I doubt hel ever change much its worked up til now
No chance. You just don't magically get good cardio. How many fighters with shitty cardio have you seen becoming cardio machines? Reem and Hendricks come to mind when they got a little better by pacing themselves and they turned unto completely different fighters. Reem was a 1st rounder berserker and Hendricks was a KO machine and then econo reem and decision hendricks were born.

And you are saying that if he simply ran more, he would somehow be a better fighter? Know anything about fast and low twitch muscle fibers? Do you agree that too much cardio has a negative effect on muscle mass? Is there a point of diminishing returns in your eyes? If not, I won't waste my time. All fighters are different. Diego Sanchez has great cardio. 19 of his 38 fights also went to decision. Why can't Diego finish fights would be an equal and opposite critique. McG has 24 fights and only 2 of them made it out of the second round. He won both of those decisions too (Max Halloway with a fucked up knee and Nate in the rematch). You're reaching and it's obvious.

Don't think I said that did I?

If he did roadwork or might improve his cardio, it might not.

I'm trying to find out why it's so diabolically bad is all.

Again, the point of him being able to go all 5 rounds, shows he doesn't have bad cardio...and fact is, nate also got tired...which many conor haters seem to over look. "he got his 2nd win" so you're saying he didn't gas now? haha Make up your mind...

Oh no he certainly gassed. Gassed massively.

He got his second wind, you think that means he didn't gass?

He won the fight and that had NOTHING to do with cardio that's for sure.

Conors second wind was some kind of drug put in his water when he was in his corner. Did you see how much water he necked? Probably clen or something crushed up.
Regarding his cardio, its fine. No one has great cardio when they load up on every strike.

He loads up and swing for the fences.
Also the reason why he hits so hard.

Similar to Rumble? :cool:

Conor will never run because he is. mentally weak.

running = mental grind.

I always mix everything (biking,swimming etc.), otherwise it gets boring.
but running is number one to me. I dont ride so much bike for my endurance anymore, because it takes a lot more time.

Running is cool. You need 0 money, you can do it everywhere/whenever you want, BUT if you dont have A ++ level legs/feet, then you shouldn't overdo it.

but "sports science" is usually funny. You will find a different study on topic "x" in almost every country.

When my mother came to germany to work with prof. dr. klaus mattes, they had almost killed themselves because of their differences of opinion haha

tears it completely, never has surgery, fights less than 6 months later.

Either Conor has superhuman genes that not even the greatest athletes in the history of life have OR the more likely scenario, he lied just like he does about 95% of the things that come out of his mouth.
It was a partial tear and just his MCL. 6-8 week injury. What reason would he have to lie? He didn't pull out and fought through it. He never used it as an excuse.

Oh no he certainly gassed. Gassed massively.

He got his second wind, you think that means he didn't gass?

He won the fight and that had NOTHING to do with cardio that's for sure.

to be able to go all 5 rounds, especially with a diaz, you have to have decent cardio...the pace was fast. I'm not saying conor didn't get tired...he did...but not to the point of not being able to fight back. fighters are going to get tired...I think nate also was tired...and being able to get a 2nd wind, means you have good cardio...otherwise, that 2nd wind wouldn't have come...2nd winds only come to those in great shape..

Conor says alot of things.

I'm not doubting that he might have had a knee injury but he did not blow out his ACL when he fought Mendes. It might have been a partial injury but he did not tear it completely like he claims.

His knee was "100%" 3 weeks out from the fight with Mendes, according to Kavanagh. He said so on the MMAHour.

On the bright side, it shouldn't take more than a minute to take out a guy that leads with his face,

You’re right conor does get hit a lot, but he’s got a great chin.

His knee was "100%" 3 weeks out from the fight with Mendes, according to Kavanagh. He said so on the MMAHour.
Yes. The knee he injured during the Max fight.

He tore his MCL 10 days out from the Mendes fight. Now if my maths is correct 10 days is less than 3 weeks.

Lol getting all worked up with personal insults. Colin fans are easily triggered these days.

Wouldn’t you be on edge if you’ve appropriated someone else’s accomplishments, and used that to justify their identities.

Last edited:
Back