Conors kicks

KimBo KiLLa

@Brown
Reaction score
Conors kicking game is HUGELY underrated. Time and time again he displays an excellent kicking arsenal. From the head kick vs Cowboy, the leg kicks vs Diaz, multiple spinning back kicks, etc.. He’s known for his left hand but he has some of the, if not THE best kicks in the game. Discuss

Not enough spinning shit imo

They're so underrated that he actually only really threw traditional leg kicks against Nate, which if you don't do against a Diaz, and something he stupidly didn't plan on doing in their first fight, means you're an idiot.

Yep. He only received credit for it back when he was on his way up and became known as just a one dimensional head hunter following that, but the reality is that Conor has always been at the forefront of MMA striking game.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-conor-mcgregor-is-the-future-of-mixed-martial-arts

Jack Slack made his name by simply covering Conor's approach and techniques. Funny enough, many haters hated on him and said he was a clown for ever predicting Conor would become a champion, and he certainly proved them all wrong and then some with time. As good as someone like Holloway is, we see just how hard it is to translate lower weight class results up the ranks. This is not boxing where size does not matter and one can simply hop around weight classes.

They're so underrated that he actually only really threw traditional leg kicks against Nate, which if you don't do against a Diaz, and something he stupidly didn't plan on doing in their first fight, means you're an idiot.
It's crazy how much that one single fight changed Conor. The only other fight I can remember changing a fighter so much might be Gus vs Phil Davis, where a guy completely scoped his game after a single loss.

Conors kicking game is HUGELY underrated. Time and time again he displays an excellent kicking arsenal. From the head kick vs Cowboy, the leg kicks vs Diaz, multiple spinning back kicks, etc.. He’s known for his left hand but he has some of the, if not THE best kicks in the game. Discuss
For someone with a 2004 account, i expected better.

Just get it over with and start a 2020 alt account & create 3 or 4 conor bait threads a day, like the rest of these nerds.

For someone with a 2004 account, i expected better.

Just get it over with and start a 2020 alt account & create 3 or 4 conor bait threads a day, like the rest of these nerds.
Hehe can’t I have a lil fun?

It's crazy how much that one single fight changed Conor. The only other fight I can remember changing a fighter so much might be Gus vs Phil Davis, where a guy completely scoped his game after a single loss.

The diversification of his approach was about career survival, redemption and not being a jackass. If you fight a Diaz, you kick the fuck out of them, especially Nate. You don't stand there and try to trade shots with the guy.

The diversification of his approach was about career survival, redemption and not being a jackass. If you fight a Diaz, you kick the fuck out of them, especially Nate. You don't stand there and try to trade shots with the guy.
Agreed, tho vs Holloway and in Cage Warrior he was a very diverse fighter. Me thinks his knee injury played a part in his offensive weaponry being dulled down. Diaz bros would be undisputed and undefeated world champs in phone booth fighting. Poor Conor went from smashing featherweights to being baptized by fire in a three month span.

Agreed, tho vs Holloway and in Cage Warrior he was a very diverse fighter. Me thinks his knee injury played a part in his offensive weaponry being dulled down. Diaz bros would be undisputed and undefeated world champs in phone booth fighting. Poor Conor went from smashing featherweights to being baptized by fire in a three month span.

Honestly, if you watch that first Diaz fight he just thought he could spark him out. He didn't take tactics into it, instead he thought he could treat Diaz like he was a nobody and get him out of there. He learned a tough lesson. I also don't think Conor has really had to diversify offensively because he's either losing handily or beating someone's ass. Diaz II is the outlier.

In a lot of fights they have been more about distance n ruining an opponent's timing.
Against Donald he used them more for power

Fedor kicks like a child compared to Pedro.
That fight was very interesting to me.
Seeing Fedor using the leg kick against Pedro was surprising and effective.
Fedor hurt Pedro and was able to finish the fight with feints and punches.
So, maybe Pedro was the king, but Fedor is definitely not a kid !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back