Conor's greatest strength that Dana does not want you to know about just yet...

Why has this become an almighty argument for McGregor fans? It's like him being a southpaw gives him magical powers all of a sudden.

It takes away his favoured right kicks. Against a southpaw his rt foot has to travel further to hit the lead leg, leaving him open to Conor's straight rt down his throat. A quick inversion of a southpaws lead leg heightens the risk of the kicker breaking his foot against shin bone. As Holloway did in the 1st rd vs Conor and Aldo did himself in the 1st rd vs KZ.

Far easier to time

Anyone can do this... look
457871470.0.jpg

conor-mcgregor-acerta-direto-no-rosto-do-brasileiro-diego-brandao-no-ufc-fight-night-1405805874590_1920x1080.jpg

Oh my god, Jose is sooooo succespatable to a staright punch and McGregor has longer arms it's gonna happen I can predict the future....

Why can't you just admit this is a great fight between two of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC.

Also Fedor was never that great and go knocked out by a MW.

Conor bless.

You might have just become my new favourite poster.

Dana wants us to know everything about McG. If he had Muay Thai they'd be telling us he was the Buakaw of MMA. Which actually doesn't make sense but peeps on here would be "qft"ing the shit out of it

Easy to check with your shin. Conor would time it, catch it ... Str8 left down Aldo's throat.

Aldo broke his foot last time he over did this against KZ.

Don't quote Slack so literally next time.

I love the guy too but he talked about that in a very one sided way. And Jose is highly skilled with timing and landing his right kicks.

He also ignored the fact that the match up allows Jose to throw his right kick to the body and up high as well much easier. And he didn't credit Jose's straight right enough, which will be prominent in a match up like this.

It takes away his favoured right kicks. Against a southpaw his rt foot has to travel further to hit the lead leg, leaving him open to Conor's straight rt down his throat. A quick inversion of a southpaws lead leg heightens the risk of the kicker breaking his foot against shin bone. As Holloway did in the 1st rd vs Conor and Aldo did himself in the 1st rd vs KZ.

Far easier to time

Aldo has faced southpaws before. The man has been undefeated for almost 10 years, i'm sure he'll figure a way out.

Anyone can do this... look
457871470.0.jpg

conor-mcgregor-acerta-direto-no-rosto-do-brasileiro-diego-brandao-no-ufc-fight-night-1405805874590_1920x1080.jpg

Oh my god, Jose is sooooo succespatable to a staright punch and McGregor has longer arms it's gonna happen I can predict the future....

Why can't you just admit this is a great fight between two of the most entertaining fighters in the UFC.

Also Fedor was never that great and go knocked out by a MW.

Conor bless.

Lol

I'm so happy this fight is happening.

It can show our younger fans first hand what happens when hype runs into a Dynasty.

Don't quote Slack so literally next time.

I love the guy too but he talked about that in a very one sided way. And Jose is highly skilled with timing and landing his right kicks.

He also ignored the fact that the match up allows Jose to throw his right kick to the body and up high as well much easier. And he didn't credit Jose's straight right enough, which will be prominent in a match up like this.

Slack is very logical and is great at highlighting bulletpoints of specific match ups. If i'm coming across like i'm parotting him, well, i'll take that as a compliment.

No one with any sense is discounting Aldo. He has weapons and to say otherwise would be foolish. It just so happens that Conor has a lethal counter to Aldo's most lethal tools. I believe Conor's ability to dictate the range is the key to this fight, whomever wins. Aldo has become entirely predictable, a harsh reality of longterm Champions, and if he tries his usual explosive sprint in and unleash hell point scoring flurries, it wont end well for him as that is exactly what Conor craves to execute his accurate straight lefts & uppercut follow throughs.

I do fear Aldo to be the better scrambler(despite Conor being no slouch himself) & have a sneaky suspicion that Conor may use leverage against Aldo's poorly balanced attacks to try & score a few pointscoring TD's. This may backfire on Conor if he does indeed try it.

FWIW, If ADCC Aldo showed up i'd be more inclined to side with him UD'ing Conor. Problem with long term Champs is they need the ego to get where they've got but ultimately it's usually the very same thing that ends up undoing them. Aldo doesn't believe Conor out classes him on the feet. I think he does.

So sadly I don't think the best Aldo, ADCC Aldo, shows up ... until the rematch.

Why has this become an almighty argument for McGregor fans? It's like him being a southpaw gives him magical powers all of a sudden.

I'm sure Aldo is gonna see Conor in a southpaw stance and stand there utterly confused as to what to do or how stand or how to fight with the blessed one?

Somebody inform the Conor mod squad that camps usually bring in fighters who try to mimic fighters you're about to face. And fighting as gone real high tech now where fighters can watch video of their opponents fights. Hell on UFC fight pass they have a specific video for "Breaking down Conor McGregor's fighting style" I really liked that one, I bet my ass that's a favorite over @camp Aldo.

So many fanboys on each side. Truth is, Aldo has never fought anyone like Conor and Conor has never fought anyone like Aldo.

Anything could happen which is why this fight is going to be massssive.

I believe Aldo never trained how to kick with the left leg, look it's even smaller than the right one.
This is a perfect example of the kind of dismissive arrogance a long term Champion wears into the Octagon.

I can reach the opposing penalty box from a direct goal kick using my left foot. I doubt i'd be able to reach the half-way line using my right.

Show me some gifs of Aldo's vicious left footed kicks that should strike the fear of god into Conor?

Conor has a southpaw stance, that means Aldo can only kick on the inside, and he is not very good at it, most of his sucess with leg kicks were kicking on the outside.

If Dennis "leg kick master" Siver chopped McG's legs, twice, and sent him to the floor, Aldo is going to have a field day with McG.

Aldo isn't going to be able to use his powerful leg kick like in the past. Conor's a southpaw. If Aldo throws his kick like normal, it won't be as affective and it can be checked a lot easier against a lefty.

He'll have to use his weaker leg or he'll throw a lot less, possibly completely abandoning it. We'll see. But I don't think leg kicks will be a point in this fight.

I would agree with this had I not watched Machida get leg kicked ot death in the first fight against Shogun

Show me some gifs of Aldo's vicious left footed kicks that should strike the fear of god into Conor?

I don't need to prove anything, you said Aldo can't kick with the left, the burden is on you, lack of evidence doesn't turn it into a fact.

Also, why do you people need to use hyperbole in every post? It's always incredible, amazing, lightning fast, blablabla. This is not a comic book you know. The need to prove the point using it is laughable, just shows insecurity.

Back