Conor's coach said he will move up after Aldo fight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by gspfedkobe24, Jan 14, 2015.

1. gspfedkobe24

gspfedkobe24 Black Belt

"He will go up to lightweight," John Kavanaugh said in an interview with Submission Radio. "And people say I'm nuts when I say this, but I could actually see him taking out the welterweight division as well. But right now the featherweight belt is the goal and then the lightweight belt, and then we'll see how he's going."

2. Lissove

Lissove Guest

It shouldn't be noted if he talks in the context of praise, that Conor would win against Aldo and go to dominate other divisions.

If he does think about the move, though, it's because of how talented 145 is. The only reason he gets title fight right now, the buys that come along with it, is because most fighters in his division and above him in rankings are far more better than him, so he will take a too much of a risk business wise to fight them and lose.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  3. markys00

markys00 Red Belt

so ur saying connor will move to lw to fight pettis because if he loses to pettis, its okay... but losing to frankie is not? dont u think that the ufc would give him some "easy" title fight first? if they are protecting him now, wouldnt the trend continue?

4. daydaystyles

daydaystyles Green Belt

This has gone to far. This guy gets talked about as if he's the second coming

5. FastTracker

FastTracker Brown Belt

I want to see Conor vs Frankie before Aldo but it won't happen.

6. Bogeyman

Bogeyman Electrical Cord Belt

So you're saying moving up to a deeper division with bigger guys would somehow be running away from the talent? You can't be serious. Featherweight drops off in talent after the top five but lightweight is strong all the way to 25 or 30.

7. aModerateThreat

aModerateThreat Brown Belt

he will be the first man to hold a belt in three weight classes simultaneously. i wish it wasnt gonna happen because it is really gonna slow the divisions down.

8. Timmahhhh

Timmahhhh Orange Belt

But he beat porier, he's the greatest ever... what has jose aldo done? Nothing. (Sarcasm)

9. Perrichet

Perrichet Tinpot Belt

Lol at him "taking out the WW division."

He won't even take out his own division

10. SimonNova

SimonNova Sire of Sin

Lmao. Conor spawned the worst cases of delusion ever, its beyond fiction at this point.

11. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

When Aldo beats him, McGregor may not feel like moving up in weight.

12. Sleep Doctor

Sleep Doctor Purple Belt

Would love to see Pettis dent up the liver of the winner of the Aldo-McGregor fight

13. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Saku Spring Staff Member Forum Administrator

Tall order, but I'd love to see it. Anything's possible at this stage, I suppose. Frankie Edgar proved that you can be the lightest guy in a division, and be champion. A coach should be their fighter's biggest fan anyway, so it makes sense for them to dream the biggest. Especially when those dreams keep coming true... Of course for now, it's all about Siver & Aldo.

14. pinero

pinero Green Belt

I thought that the fans of the Diaz brothers were annoying but Mcgregor have a huge advantage, their fans are annoying plus he and his coach are two people more nonsense spoken in the world of MMA, at least the other historica trash talker , Sonnen, was funny and I knew he was trolling but these two really believe such nonsense

15. ButterStoch

ButterStoch Blue Belt

Yes, his coach was right about 1 thing, him taking out the WWs is actually crazy. Why start at FW, if that's the plan.

I do buy that Conor is confident, skilled & hits very hard. But he doesn't hit like a LHW, if he did Max Holloway wouldn't be conscious.

16. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

thats known for some time

hes gonna get two belts in a half a year

17. mma midwest fan

mma midwest fan Purple Belt

Would be great if true, but most champs tend to stay in their division and rule the roost. Jones too made HW claims when he was younger and finishing guys, but has since dialed that back. GSP gently teased the idea but of course never did it. Very few fighters have the balls to move up once champ.

18. That Idiot Tibor**

That Idiot Tibor** Purple Belt

His fans are like Justin Biebers.

19. reigning terroe

reigning terroe Captain “Vai Cavalo” Boomerang

WW? Are you kidding me. I can see some being delusional about LW but no fucking way. He would get thrown around by WW wrestlers like Rory, Hendricks, Woodley, Story and KG. He's a good striker but I doubt connor can take as much punishment as the WW's can and he can't dish out the power that they have. Robbie would put him to sleep. I'm sure NBK would too. Stun Gun would beat him. Just win the title in your division first Connor considering the UFC is trying to serve it up to you on a silver platter. I would love to see him beat Aldo and then Dana just go against is normal policy and book Pettis vs Connor while the hype is still there but sadly after that fight Connors hype would go straight down the toliet because Pettis would embarrass him. Then he'd go back to FW and get beat by a wrestler like Chad or Frankie

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  20. JumboKebab

JumboKebab Orange Belt

Kill the nonbeliever!